Home General Discussion
Options

*uck*t list

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

the movie The Bucket List was about to older gentlemen who made a list of things they wanted to do before they died.

this is a list of cigars that you want to try before you die.

why the asterisks?
because of the stipulation:
the cigars must also be so rare that no matter how much money you have, there is a good chance you will never find one, and if you do find one, it wont be for sale. it is so rare that you should pretty much give up trying to find one before you start and say "fuckit"
hence: Fuckit list.

my *uck*t list:
LFD Limitado I
Original Release Avo 22.
Cuban Davidoff
Los Libertadores (LFD before it was LFD)
Padron Millennium Natural
Tatuaje Thermonuclear
Original Release Opus X

new addition:
Camacho Face-off by Litto Gomez
LFD face-off by Christian Eiroa

note: remember, rarity and cost are not the same thing. the HMR is still available. you can find them. you can buy them if you are willing to pay the cash.
in short i didnt want this to be a race to see who could post the HMR first, mainly because they are not all that rare, just expensive.

update: AVO 22 can be marked off (03-01-2010).
Update #2: Camacho Face-off by lito Gomez can be marked off (1-23-12)
Update #3: La Flor Dominicana Limitado I can be marked off (6-21-12)

Comments

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I'm too new to cigars to be able to put forth a legitimate list, but I wanted to say:

I thought The Bucket List was an awesome movie. :-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Note the yellowing on the cellophane of the Original release Opus X...interesting.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I am 99% sure I had a LFD limited in 2002 before I knew about this whole "humidifier" thing so I pretty much ruined it.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Well, here's the list Gurkha HMR (DUH, that's a given)
    One of Fidel Castro's personal Cohibas
    I guess that's probably it for me.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    A few definate would be the Original Opus X and maybe an Inbetween the Lines (not to be confused with between the lines) and a Don Carlos Shark. I'm sure there are othes but this is it on my list that I can think of. Oh, maybe one or two of those pre-embargo Cubans that CA is always pulling out and taste testing.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    All sizes of opus x
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I as well am too new to give an intelligent suggestion
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The two cigars that come to mind for me are:

The original Tatuaje Black, the corona gorda. While maybe not impossible to find, I doubt I'll ever see one.

The 5 Vegas Cask Strength...again, I know some exist somewhere, but through all my searching I haven't found any, came close but they had sold out before I got any.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    The 5 Vegas Cask Strength...again, I know some exist somewhere, but through all my searching I haven't found any, came close but they had sold out before I got any.
    it was a happy and sad day when i smoked my last two with my father.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Padron Family Reserve (original, not the one released last year)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    La Aurora 100 Anos Partagas 150 Signature Opus X
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    As far as Opus, if I can help by B&M consistently has the Belicoso (Power Ranger) for a pretty decent price. I could get and ship if anyone wanted or needed. I can get up to 4 per day. Just throwing it out there.....cheers all.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this is too *uck*t or not, but would loved to be able to sit down and smoke whatever Einstein was smoking, both pipe and cigar. To know what he thought was good and how it would compare to cigars now.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I'm too new to really know what would be on the list, but this article would be a starting point for me.

http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webapp/content/view/1603/27/
  • Options
    Dustin1981:
    I know of two boxes of the Partagas 150 Signature for sale. I however do not have $800 to spend on the box. The 100 Anos and any OpusX can still be bought.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Oliva Serie V Maduro pre-2000...... I think they've changed the blend since. I've heard from some that they were better in the late 90s.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The elusive AF Anejo Cameroon Sand Shark ......totally different than the Anejo 77 Shark . Most people don't even know they existed once upon a time.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    The elusive AF Anejo Cameroon Sand Shark ......totally different than the Anejo 77 Shark . Most people don't even know they existed once upon a time.
    Oh yeah, I want one of those too. More so than a DC Shark!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Oliva Serie V Maduro pre-2000...... I think they've changed the blend since. I've heard from some that they were better in the late 90s.
    I actually was not aware they made a Serie V before 2008. I was under the impression that the V was a new blend for the Oliva familiy.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    lilwing88:
    I actually was not aware they made a Serie V before 2008. I was under the impression that the V was a new blend for the Oliva familiy.
    me too....well, I thought the regular serie v came out in 07 and then the first maduros in 2008....I could be wrong, certainly wouldn't be the first time.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Cohiba Behike.... They are available... but PHUCKIT!!! I ain't never smoking one!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Cohiba Behike.... They are available... but PHUCKIT!!! I ain't never smoking one!
    And.... RIGHT NOW in my pocketbook life the Cohiba Gran Reserve....
  • Options
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    lilwing88:
    me too....well, I thought the regular serie v came out in 07 and then the first maduros in 2008....I could be wrong, certainly wouldn't be the first time.
    Yea, I just did some research on this and the V didn't come out until 07, but the Oliva company started taking off and making some good cigars in mid 1990's.
  • Options
    Dustin1981:
    dustin.... if you come down to the herf im having on feb 27th i can get you in touch with a man that can make all three of those happen if you are willing to fork out the cash. OpusX is easy. 100 anos is a bit harder but doable. the only one that will be costly is the 150 signature.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Dustin1981:
    dustin.... if you come down to the herf im having on feb 27th i can get you in touch with a man that can make all three of those happen if you are willing to fork out the cash. OpusX is easy. 100 anos is a bit harder but doable. the only one that will be costly is the 150 signature.
    My buddy Nick actually has all three of those in his Humi. I've got a couple of the 100 Anos. The robusto and the lancero, and I've got a few Opus. Nick found the Partagas 150 in a shop up in Oklahoma, thats one you can't just smoke any day of the week.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:
    Dustin1981:
    My buddy Nick actually has all three of those in his Humi. I've got a couple of the 100 Anos. The robusto and the lancero, and I've got a few Opus. Nick found the Partagas 150 in a shop up in Oklahoma, thats one you can't just smoke any day of the week.
    I have all three in the Humi but I think he was talking about the 150 Signature which goes for $100 a stick and they are in cedar coffins like the GoF used to be. My local B&M has two boxes but I just can't bring myself to buy one. $795 for the box. I have a box of the 150 B or C. I can't remember which size. I also have a few of another size too.
  • Options
    i got something for all of you to add to YOUR *uck*t list

LFD Maduro Prensado 5 shop release.
    i have one and i smoked one. good times.
  • Options
    CAO bratalia; opusx spiral football; all my others have been mentioned haha
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    lilwing88:
    Yea, I just did some research on this and the V didn't come out until 07, but the Oliva company started taking off and making some good cigars in mid 1990's.
    My bad. I guess I heard wrong. Then, in that case, I'd like to try ANY pre-2000 Oliva.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    lilwing88:
    PuroFreak:
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    lilwing88:
    My bad. I guess I heard wrong. Then, in that case, I'd like to try ANY pre-2000 Oliva.
    Me too