Home General Discussion
Options

*uck*t list

13»

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Davidoff Gran Corona/Chateau Margaux, Tat Thermo...
  • Options
    RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    My *uck*t list includes:

Cusano DSG
    Padilla 1932 Signature (original blend)
    Padilla Miami 8&11 blend
    Camacho Face Off
    Litto Gomez Face Off
    Cohiba Behike (Original)
    Camacho Liberty 2003-2007

Regards and Long Ashes!

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Most anything that veijo makes. Seems before I see what they have coming out it's always sold out. I hate it.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Total necropost. I'm surprised no one mentioned this one yet...

I'd love to get my hands on one of the 1200 H. Upmann Petit Corona JFK stock-piled before the embargo.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    Total necropost. I'm surprised no one mentioned this one yet...

I'd love to get my hands on one of the 1200 H. Upmann Petit Corona JFK stock-piled before the embargo.
    #1 if that legend was actually true , it would definately be very cool to be able to lay claim to one or two for bragging rights. I wonder has anyone ever heard of these being in an auction?
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    BEHIKE BEHIKE BEHIKE!!!! I'll never see one!
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Any Opus X Forbidden or special vitola Opus X
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I would like to point out that the Forbidden X is the same blend as the regular Opus X just with a different label.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I would like to point out that the Forbidden X is the same blend as the regular Opus X just with a different label.
    Very good to know, I knew it was to commemorate the 10yr anniversary but don't know much beyond that
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    rwheelwright:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Very good to know, I knew it was to commemorate the 10yr anniversary but don't know much beyond that
    I think I might be more confused. There is the regular Opus X, the Opus X Lost City(Forbidden)-same blend as the Opus X but a new wrapper, and the Anejo-Opus X blend but a different wrapper due to the lost harvest one year...is that all correct?

What is the difference in the Lost City with a red band and a black band? Is the red band the regular and the black band the one that is sold at Casa Fuente? They the same cigar, just a commemorative band?...I found the answer online....very confusing however. The Black band was only used on specific vitolas and the red band was on the Lancero and Love Affair. The Lost City blends are the same, just the wrappers are different...damn these trade secrets are difficult to break down. Someone please comment in if I am incorrect
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    rwheelwright:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I think I might be more confused. There is the regular Opus X, the Opus X Lost City(Forbidden)-same blend as the Opus X but a new wrapper, and the Anejo-Opus X blend but a different wrapper due to the lost harvest one year...is that all correct?

What is the difference in the Lost City with a red band and a black band? Is the red band the regular and the black band the one that is sold at Casa Fuente? They the same cigar, just a commemorative band?...I found the answer online....very confusing however. The Black band was only used on specific vitolas and the red band was on the Lancero and Love Affair. The Lost City blends are the same, just the wrappers are different...damn these trade secrets are difficult to break down. Someone please comment in if I am incorrect
    From what I remember, the Lost City with the Red Band is the regular Opus X but sold in the Lost City boxes as a "Lost City" Opus X for some reason. The red band is the way to tell that it didn't use the same wrapper as the black label Lost City which used the tobacco that was grown in the movie.

As for Forbidden X, I believe all special releases are valled Forbidden X even if the blend is the same as the regular. For instance, in 2006 I bought 2 boxes of Forbidden X cigars. One box had 4 Lanceros and the other had 4 Robustos. All were in Coffins. But it was a special release because they were in their own boxes and coffins.

After writing this, I stand corrected about the Forbidden X. It turns out that the blend may be different depending on the cigar. In my case the Forbidden X tasted the same as the regular line but different sizes may be different. ie. special sizes.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=35&pos=4
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    rwheelwright:
    Shaun.Harrison87:

From what I remember, the Lost City with the Red Band is the regular Opus X but sold in the Lost City boxes as a "Lost City" Opus X for some reason. The red band is the way to tell that it didn't use the same wrapper as the black label Lost City which used the tobacco that was grown in the movie.

As for Forbidden X, I believe all special releases are valled Forbidden X even if the blend is the same as the regular. For instance, in 2006 I bought 2 boxes of Forbidden X cigars. One box had 4 Lanceros and the other had 4 Robustos. All were in Coffins. But it was a special release because they were in their own boxes and coffins.

After writing this, I stand corrected about the Forbidden X. It turns out that the blend may be different depending on the cigar. In my case the Forbidden X tasted the same as the regular line but different sizes may be different. ie. special sizes.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=35&pos=4
    the lost city...
    the tobacco was grown off season for the movie "lost city" and therefor is the same blend but with a wrapper that is grown off season.

the Forbidden X band is for almost every strange OpusX blend or strange OpusX release.

basically from what i can gather, it is when the Fuentes are just F'ing around with the OpusX blend for fun and they release one thats super rare and actually good.
    ...even then sometimes it has an Opus band with a variation name (lost city) and sometimes it has the forbidden X band and a Special name.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I always enjoy seeing how much this list changes over a year or so.

my bucket list sticks are a lot different now.

I really don't have any sticks on my list that I haven't already tried or already own.
  • Options
    Cross off Camacho Face Off by Litto Gomez
    REVIEW

• Options
    Cross off La Flor Dominicana Limitado I
    REVIEW

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky Man Kuz-----Lucky Man. Mustve missed this thread back when-------my list includes (but is not limited to) Behike, Cuban Davidoff, Padron Millenium, Opus X Scorpio Maduro, Lito Gomez Cubano (original or close to it)
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Lucky Man Kuz-----Lucky Man. Mustve missed this thread back when-------my list includes (but is not limited to) Behike, Cuban Davidoff, Padron Millenium, Opus X Scorpio Maduro, Lito Gomez Cubano (original or close to it)
    the Behike is still attainable. find it and get it now before its too late.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    This is true Kuz.....Its not attainable at a price I want to pay. It wouldnt kill me to pay it or anyuthing, but I know for that much dough I could never be fully satisfied. But some drunken night----who knows.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    my list includes (but is not limited to)... Opus X Scorpio Maduro
    You can get these still. Try calling Tim to see if he has any in stock. If not, you can get the new Fuente Story Humidor that has that cigar, DC 30th and one each of the DAGA.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    I would love to try the Behike and Millenium. However, my Bucket list would still contain a Sand Shark. Can't find any.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Vulchor:
    I would love to try the Behike and Millenium. However, my Bucket list would still contain a Sand Shark. Can't find any.
    ill see what i can do. i found one for someone ( i think it was purofreak) a few years back.
    the forum at large chipped in and bought it for him. was about $60 if i remember correctly.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    Vulchor:
    ill see what i can do. i found one for someone ( i think it was purofreak) a few years back.
    the forum at large chipped in and bought it for him. was about $60 if i remember correctly.
    Thanks man. I appreciate it. Don't kill yourself looking though but if you do find them and can pick them up I'll send you a check. I'd say we could trade but you have a whole lot more than me and if not more perhaps more variety!