Home General Discussion
Options

Fullest/Hardest Hitting Smoke you've had...

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    TatuajeVI:
    Yesterday, I smoked a Lito Gomez Chisel during the hockey game. It was such as exciting game, I think my adrenaline was pumping the nicotine deep into my stomach - had to set that delicious cigar down with about 3 inches left. That sucked - the cigar was amazing.
    Glad you like it, I think i'm going to have the corona size later today
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    hardest hitting eh? I have to agree with Jozer's V maddy 08...especially early on, before they had time, they were sneaky strong. Feeling fine, and then out of no where you stand up and feel it. My first opus made me take a nap, but others since then haven't hit me as hard. Prolly the most memorable one to date was last summer, after eating at a pic nic, I fired up a JDN Antano Belicoso that one of the BOTL here sent me, (prolly Jozer or Alien) and man it had me by the hair. Didn't need to expel anything, but a nice cool sweat and slow walking for a half hour. I'll blame it on some bunk potato salad.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I hear the Cohiba Behike is a powerful smoke...anyone have one yet?...they should age VERY well.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Cain by far was the worst experience I have had ! It was last year and I was drinking Captain and Coke and decided it would be a good idea to sit down and smoke a Cain while enjoying my Straight Captain ( I had run out of coke).. Needless to say I spent the next 45 minutes in the bathroom hugging the bowl... To this day I am scared to death of Cains
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I didn't know they made an Edge in a sumatra wrapper. I've had the corojo, maduro, and the connecticut (Lite).

I'd say the maduro was probably at the top of my list for hardest hitting. It was probably the first full bodied smoke I ever had.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Russ55:
    I didn't know they made an Edge in a sumatra wrapper. I've had the corojo, maduro, and the connecticut (Lite).

I'd say the maduro was probably at the top of my list for hardest hitting. It was probably the first full bodied smoke I ever had.
    The Edge Sumatra was one of CA's Top 25 a couple years ago. It's delicious, but very difficult to find. At least around me, I can never find them and there are a LOT of shops around me.
  • Options
    bwcarter54bwcarter54 Posts: 142
    I bought the Rocky Edge maduro and the sumatra. I smoked the sumatra and been getting up the courage to smoke the maduro. It's been in the humi for 6mo.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Well damn. I think I may just have to find one and try it.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Heavy:
    Unlike many, I'm not really looking for a 'buzz' from a cigar. I want a relaxing experience with lots of flavor.
    Likewise.

I'm not sure I've ever had an experience on the level of what you guys are describing. The only cigar that ever made me even queasy was a Gran Habano 3 Siglos, and I think that was probably due to other factors (though I don't know what they were).

I tend to steer clear of the stuff that's got a knock-you-on-your-ass rep. Like Heavy said, I don't want to be knocked on my ass; I want to enjoy a relaxing smoke. Getting sick is not relaxing.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    TatuajeVI:
    Russ55:

The Edge Sumatra was one of CA's Top 25 a couple years ago. It's delicious, but very difficult to find. At least around me, I can never find them and there are a LOT of shops around me.

I think the Edge Sumatra was re-blended and re-branded as the Renaissance.
    Then Re-blended again back to the Original Edge Sumatra Blend but it kept the "Renaissance" moniker... Long story short look for the newer RP Renaissance for the original EDGE Sumatra Blend.

• Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Smoked an Edge early in my cigar loving stage, that thing drilled me!
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Fourtotheflush:
    Im surprised that the MOW Ruination hasnt made the list yet. That did it for me.
    Ok, so far, I've seen MOW Ruination, Opus X, Edge Sumatra, Oliva V Maduro and Cain, RP Sungrown, a few LFD, 5 Vegas Relic and CSII. None of those had any effect on me, not even with as fast as I smoke (a Nub Habano 460 is a 30-40 min smoke)

Honestly, the only cigar that ever has given me a buzz was a Macanudo Vintage 97 I got from my boss 4 years ago when I had just started smoking. I had been smoking RyJ Reserva Real and Montecristo White's before he gave me that one, and only about 1 a month. I lit it up, and within 10 minutes my head was spinning. Didn't help it was nasty as well. I couldn't finish it. Didn't get sick, but I felt drunk. It is still to this day the only Macanudo I've ever had, and don't ever plan on having another.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I really have found that its way less about the cigar and way more about the ventilation and the smoking style/pace. I have had no problems with cigars like a Olivia V, Man O War, and Padron 80 year but have had a montechristo white make me turn green cause I was smoking too fast in a bad area. If I sit too relaxed and my diaphram is a little pinched, I might swallow some smoke and feel green. So in my opinion, any cigar to an experienced smoker can be buzz-avoidable so long as you take the proper precautions.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ironhorse:
    I really have found that its way less about the cigar and way more about the ventilation and the smoking style/pace. I have had no problems with cigars like a Olivia V, Man O War, and Padron 80 year but have had a montechristo white make me turn green cause I was smoking too fast in a bad area. If I sit too relaxed and my diaphram is a little pinched, I might swallow some smoke and feel green. So in my opinion, any cigar to an experienced smoker can be buzz-avoidable so long as you take the proper precautions.
    ventilation may have a bit to do with it but i seem to remember smoking an opusx outside and feeling it. the best way to avoid feeling a cigar is to eat beforehand and to smoke cigars often. there is no other technique, just preparing for and getting used to the nicotine that a stronger cigar delivers.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    kuzi16:
    ironhorse:
    ventilation may have a bit to do with it but i seem to remember smoking an opusx outside and feeling it. the best way to avoid feeling a cigar is to eat beforehand and to smoke cigars often. there is no other technique, just preparing for and getting used to the nicotine that a stronger cigar delivers.
    Oh I certainly agree that a stronger cigar is certainly 5x as likely to hit you than a milder one, but what I am saying is that your level of "state of cigar being" (stomach, stress level, ventilation, experience) is way more responsible for you getting sick, than the cigar.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Ok so here goes for me ............. I had a bad run in the an Oliva MB III ..... turned wicked green from this cigar and just didnt care for it ...... i just kept thinking it would get better ........... the next was a JDN Antano that had me back the my hippie lettuce days .... no hurling just caught a beat down .... and then i had a bad run in with a Cask II but this i solely blame on the location i smoked at ........... was at a b&m and when i walked in it looked like a college dorm smoke out party ......... i smoked i left i reeked and could not escape the smell ... i yakked a small amount but dont blame the cigar just the b&m for not cranking up the ventilation as i have been there with more people and never had any problems
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    My first Opus, because I was smoking it to hard and fast expecting to get a Rainbow of Flavors like that Willie Wonka movie. And maybe because I spent so much for it I didn't want to waste a single puff of smoke. I have since learned S-L-O-W is much better. Also A LFD Double Maduro, a Camacho Triple Maduro, and a Cusano Sungrown '59 or 61.. I can't remember which. And a Cohiba (cuban) many years ago, Again smoking to fast.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    The Oliva V was very strong, kicked my ass but still was very good. I had a Casa Magna last year that kicked me in the gut and almost made me sick.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I smoked a Cu-avana torpedo this week that had my head spinning and butterflies floating in my gut. I love this stick and smoke them regular but that one kicked my butt
  • Options
    WickedWicked Posts: 4
    The hardest hitting for me would be the Rocky patel edge, my first one wasnt long after I had just gotten in to smoking cigars. I don't have any that are too harsh now.
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    The La Flor Dominicana Factory Press III is the most full bodied cigar I have had. The first one I enjoyed last year gave me a really nice buzz.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Ayato:
    The La Flor Dominicana Factory Press III is the most full bodied cigar I have had. The first one I enjoyed last year gave me a really nice buzz.
    Now that is a pretty strong cigar, I'd have to agree.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I see a lot of people mentioning the oliva V maduro 2008, but I never felt a whole lot out of it. The one that gets me every time even though it's one of my favorites is the Perdomo Lot 23, and I can't help myself but keep smoking them. I can't even really say why, but of the nearly 6 that i've smoked so far, be it the Natural or the Maduro, they've all made my head spin and I have had to sit down. There's probably one I've had that got me worse, but I can't think of it right now.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hmm, strange indeed bacon. The only time I ever felt any body from a Lot 23 natural was on a completely empty stomach and it was the first cigar of the day, even then it felt only medium-full to me. I guess it's a testament to how different people perceive cigars differently.
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    bacon.jay:
    I see a lot of people mentioning the oliva V maduro 2008, but I never felt a whole lot out of it. The one that gets me every time even though it's one of my favorites is the Perdomo Lot 23, and I can't help myself but keep smoking them. I can't even really say why, but of the nearly 6 that i've smoked so far, be it the Natural or the Maduro, they've all made my head spin and I have had to sit down. There's probably one I've had that got me worse, but I can't think of it right now.

Its interesting you say that.... But that Lot 23 did the same thing to me.....i thought maybe it was timing, or something else was wrong with me at the time, but that "light" cigar made me sick too...... Usually don't get that feeling with other cigars except the usual suspects Cain, Hoyo de Nic., camacho triple maduro.... all on my ass kicking list.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    BUMP
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Bad Andy:
    The Oliva V was very strong, kicked my ass but still was very good. I had a Casa Magna last year that kicked me in the gut and almost made me sick.

MOW Ruination kicked me, but +1 to the Casa Magna. I was doing great until the 2nd half when that sucker snuck up on me. Didnt have any issues with hurling, but was definately worried there for a little bit. I think I remember putting it down in the final third.

• Options
    Opus X bested me
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    The Cank:
    Opus X bested me
    Wow I have heard this from a few people. I have smoked a few and I don't think that I get that hard hitting smoke out of them. That's it I'm going for the **** lol.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    The Cank:
    Opus X bested me
    Wow I have heard this from a few people. I have smoked a few and I don't think that I get that hard hitting smoke out of them. That's it I'm going for the **** lol.

It was New Years Eve and I was toasted. that may have had something to do with it.