Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Boxes

So i see this post earlier about Cigar Bands and if you have any laying around one of our memebers would like them. I was wandering if anyone has any Decent Cigar Boxes laying around they want to part with, I have an Idea for decorating My office and could use a bunch of them. I know High end boxes are more than likely out but would be appreciated . Fire me an PM and let me know what you think. Willing to pay postage or work out something? I honestley would love to be buried in a variety. Peace Ozzie

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Any time frame you're working with? I got nothing now, but I'll have 3 or 4 in a month or so
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    NO time frame really just working on this project.... thanks for the response.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this doesn't exactly answer your request but, for what it's worth, empty boxes are available through eBay and other cigar auctions. I picked up a few cedar Padron boxes through eBay fairly cheaply.

Marty

• Options
    Yeah IM an EBAYER hav been for years.... I find them In Antique stores and thrift stores, But people think they are made of gold in those places! LOL I am just tossing it out there.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Also, my locals B&Ms sell them for $2 a piece. Worth checking around if yours do the same.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've got a empty gof, and another darker box.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've got a few empty boxes and will have a couple more in a few days. Is there a specific number of boxes you're looking for, or just however many you can get?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    I've got a empty gof, and another darker box.
    Cool are you willing to part with them? Give me a shout
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I've got a few empty boxes and will have a couple more in a few days. Is there a specific number of boxes you're looking for, or just however many you can get?
    MORE THE MERRIER , wHEN YOU SEE WHAT iAM GOING TO MAKE OUT OF IT YOULL FLIP! i HAD A DREAM ABOUT IT ..... iT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME !
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'll start hanging on to some, now that I know you're collecting.
  • Options
    COOL urbi
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    j0z3r:
    MORE THE MERRIER , wHEN YOU SEE WHAT iAM GOING TO MAKE OUT OF IT YOULL FLIP! i HAD A DREAM ABOUT IT ..... iT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME !
    I guess that means you'll be posting some pictures when you're done? I'll shoot you a pm in a few days and see about getting you some empty boxes, should be able to set you up with at least 3-5, maybe a couple more.
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    man, I'm really curious now...can you give us an idea of what you're doing with them?
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I have a diesel box and maybe if I look hard an Oliva G box around here somewhere. I almost never buy a box of cigars so sorry I can't be of more help.

Just shoot me a PM when you want me to send it your way and I'll get it in the mail!
  • Options
    hey guys I Love the response. And i know your all wandering what the hell is this Guy up to. I dont want to give away the idea but I will give some clue...... I am building something to go in My Home Office... it will be Big..... Not sure how many Boxes it will take and the odd shapes will come into play but I assure you IT WILL BLOW YOU AWAY!. I also Plan on this being Quite Functional and I have Drawn it up on Blue Prints.... I am **** that way! so truthfully im thinking this might take 100 boxes or more... I have a few ... another hint..... it this turns out the way i think it will, everyone will want to do this! Thanks guys keep the emaisl coming!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Sounds cool Ozzie. Like someone else said, most B&M's (ones I've been familiar with anyway) sell boxes for a buck or 2. If you have a good relationship with a B&M and tell them what you're doing, I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave you some.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to mention I only have two boxes and use one for storing accessories (cutters, lighters etc) and the other for dry boxing. So I am of absolutely no help whatsoever!

And one of my boxes came from a box purchase (bought full), the other I bought at a B&M empty for $1 (Ashton magnum box)
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to mention I only have two boxes and use one for storing accessories (cutters, lighters etc) and the other for dry boxing. So I am of absolutely no help whatsoever!

And one of my boxes came from a box purchase (bought full), the other I bought at a B&M empty for $1 (Ashton magnum box)
    Thanks Heavy Its all good! Love the Responses! I am Headinng to the B&ms today ! LOL
  • Options
    Ok I think I am onto something, My wife was reading this post, she said WTF are you wanting all those boxes for........ I showed her my Blue Prints and told her my Plan and she FLIPPED ! She Loves the Idea and Is stoked ! ...... I AM IN with this IDEA ! SHE LOVES ME ... now i just have to talk her into some more Sticks! rotflmao
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Ok I think I am onto something, My wife was reading this post, she said WTF are you wanting all those boxes for........ I showed her my Blue Prints and told her my Plan and she FLIPPED ! She Loves the Idea and Is stoked ! ...... I AM IN with this IDEA ! SHE LOVES ME ... now i just have to talk her into some more Sticks! rotflmao
    lol. Now you've got me all curious. If you're not going to tell us what you're doing, hurry up and get 'er done so we can all be jealous!
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Bill, if you want I can check the B&M's around here to see if they have anything to sell or donate to the cause. Do you want plain wooden boxes, decorative boxes or does it matter?
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    gdsim1:
    Bill, if you want I can check the B&M's around here to see if they have anything to sell or donate to the cause. Do you want plain wooden boxes, decorative boxes or does it matter?
    That was gonna be my question, what exactly are you looking for as far as cigar boxes? I know you want different shapes and sizes, but do they have to be cedar lined, wood, or there are some that have soft tops (which I usually rip off for storage) ?
  • Options
    gdsim1:
    Any Cigar Box will work, I think...... LOL once I have all i think I am going to need and Make a Protoype before actually assembling them for permanace will be the key. Kinf og the Idea is to have the Names or Makrings all visible whether it be only a side view or top view. I do know that Wood Boxes will make a up the biggest part. It matters not about the Lining its the Outside of the Boxx that will be visable. Thanks guys this is Great!
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    gdsim1:
    That was gonna be my question, what exactly are you looking for as far as cigar boxes? I know you want different shapes and sizes, but do they have to be cedar lined, wood, or there are some that have soft tops (which I usually rip off for storage) ?
    The lining doesnt matter. I am more excited now than i was when the Idea Popped up and the drawins were done! LOL Going to be AWESOME !
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Sandman1am:
    gdsim1:
    The lining doesnt matter. I am more excited now than i was when the Idea Popped up and the drawins were done! LOL Going to be AWESOME !
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    you can get boxes here and ci for a $1 they always have some hanging around just call.
  • Options
    WOW EBAY IS COVERED WITH CIGAR BOXES... ARE THESE THINGS MADE OF GOLD.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send me a PM where to ship them, I have three.
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Ozzie, still in the market for boxes? If so, PM me an address so I can contribute to the cause - cant wait to see the pics when whatever you're up to is complete!
  • Options
    gdsim1:
    Ozzie, still in the market for boxes? If so, PM me an address so I can contribute to the cause - cant wait to see the pics when whatever you're up to is complete!
    PM Sent thanks Bro