Home General Discussion
Options

News From Nicaragua

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
I am in Miami on my way down to Nicaragua where I am going to be for the next week or so. I will be meeting with someone who has a reality TV show on one of the cable networks on Tuesday in Esteli. He is a big fan of one of the brands (you see him plowing throug a cigar or two on his show) and I am working with him to make him his own size in the line and it will also be for sale at Cigar.com later this summer. Once I post pics of us at the factory I will spoil who it is and what cigar brand it is. Until then I am going to leave you guys guessing. I will give you this hint, my big 6'5" 295lb frame is going to make us look like quite the odd couple.

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    hmmmm....
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    da Plane ... Look Bosss da plane! ROTFLMAO! Have fun and good luck!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Travel safe, now give us a better hint. If you need a body double, let me know. Or we can stand on either side of this person and be like bookends. Hopefully you fly first class. Long flights suck in coach. I know, I'm 6'4 280
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Svenson is probably a NetJets member. That 6'5 frame is stretched out in his own personal Jet smoking a Ruination, living the good life. :)
  • Options
    I was thinking on my short commute about who this person could be and I will guess it's one of the husbands of The Real Housewives of Orange County. there is a guy on there who smokes cigars and rocks a Bentley, so yeah, I guess he's doin alright. His wife is pretty and he loves Baby Jesus. Jim Bellino is my guess
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    I was thinking on my short commute about who this person could be and I will guess it's one of the husbands of The Real Housewives of Orange County. there is a guy on there who smokes cigars and rocks a Bentley, so yeah, I guess he's doin alright. His wife is pretty and he loves Baby Jesus. Jim Bellino is my guess
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, I hear.........

Wow, Dennis, I'm glad you guessed Real Housewives before me. Although, I think you automatically get "manpoints" deducted for admitting to watching the show. Plus, extra points deducted for knowing peoples' first and last names from the show!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    dennisking:

Wow, Dennis, I'm glad you guessed Real Housewives before me. Although, I think you automatically get "manpoints" deducted for admitting to watching the show. Plus, extra points deducted for knowing peoples' first and last names from the show!
    Quick, earn some of them back by smoking a Cain in 15 minutes and go do an Ironman competition while smoking another Cain at the same time. Then afterwards, go jousting. That should cover it.
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    dennisking:

You don't get man points deducted if you watch it on mute. HOWEVER, if you are watching AND listening to the showwe revoke your priveleges altogether. Hand over your card.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work way too much to watch any tv besides sports. If you find some extra time, keep us posted on what your doing.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    lilwing88:
    dennisking:

Quick, earn some of them back by smoking a Cain in 15 minutes and go do an Ironman competition while smoking another Cain at the same time. Then afterwards, go jousting. That should cover it.
    If you thought I could throw up good after a Cain Maduro double toro smoked in one hour, you would really be seeing a pukefest. Oh, and I don't run, just sayin. Jousting though, that would be sick as hell. As far as watching the Real Housewives, I only know the name because I looked it up online. My wife watches the show religously and I am usually on the laptop on this site chillin.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Reality shows have become a cancer, they must go away.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    sightunseen:
    lilwing88:
    dennisking:

If you thought I could throw up good after a Cain Maduro double toro smoked in one hour, you would really be seeing a pukefest. Oh, and I don't run, just sayin. Jousting though, that would be sick as hell. As far as watching the Real Housewives, I only know the name because I looked it up online. My wife watches the show religously and I am usually on the laptop on this site chillin.
    Good save, bro. Your man-card is on "supervision", though. One more infraction like that will result in a mandatory 3-month suspension. Just to be safe, you're required to fart in front of your wife at least once today, okay?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    lilwing88:
    dennisking:

You don't get man points deducted if you watch it on mute. HOWEVER, if you are watching AND listening to the showwe revoke your priveleges altogether. Hand over your card.
    lol.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    In "reality", there's no such thing as a reality show. They've become so scripted and set up to get the results the producers want. The only reality TV should be the news, but even that's become tainted. I like to call reality TV, "trainwreck TV".
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    I think they are one of the reasons the Middle East hates us. They think everyone is so damn rich and glamorous.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    dennisking:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I think they are one of the reasons the Middle East hates us. They think everyone is so damn rich and glamorous.
    The middle east is a collection of the richest third world countries on earth... with no indoor plumping.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    dennisking:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Actually in your case Dennis... they hate you because you are 6'4" tall, 280 lbs. and you watch the Real Housewives show. They would love to taunt you and point fingers at you while laughing and trying to make you cry... But...

Well you're 6'4" and 280 lbs.

That's why they hate you Dennis. LMAO

• Options
    laker1963:
    dennisking:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Actually in your case Dennis... they hate you because you are 6'4" tall, 280 lbs. and you watch the Real Housewives show. They would love to taunt you and point fingers at you while laughing and trying to make you cry... But...

well, I guess a 6'4 guy over there is a rarity. they only hate cuz they be jealous WHAT.....
    laker you crack my ass up
  • Options
    dennisking:
    laker1963:
    dennisking:
    phobicsquirrel:

well, I guess a 6'4 guy over there is a rarity. they only hate cuz they be jealous WHAT.....
    laker you crack my ass up
    Dennis PLEASE do me a favor? PLEASE?

Don't EVER mention my name and your ass crack (in any way) in the same sentence again. OK?

pffffft, some guy's.
  • Options
    dude, you made me promise to never tell and I never will............ a night to remember for sure.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    dude, you made me promise to never tell and I never will............ a night to remember for sure.
    LMAO

Well, I said it then, and I'll say it again here.

You are a bigger man then I am... and you took it very well. :)
  • Options
    I seriously lol'd that's great.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Alright. Both of you, into the house with the women. You can come back out on the porch when you've learned to pee while standing up.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Alright. Both of you, into the house with the women. You can come back out on the porch when you've learned to pee while standing up.
    LMFAO. Actually they don't have to go into the house but rather into the humi with the burro and duty. BTW why did you take away duty's internet priveleges, thats harsh urbs.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    He was sassin' me too much -- a bad habit he picked up around here, I'm pretty sure.
  • Options
    urbino:
    He was sassin' me too much -- a bad habit he picked up around here, I'm pretty sure.
    I knew that piss sitting down comment would draw Maddy out.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    So back to the topic at hand...doesn't Flava-flav have a reality show? Don't know if he's a cigar smoker, but I imagine he and Alex would look quite silly standing next to one another....of course flav looks silly on his own, with that big old clock, go digital man!!
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't William Shatner have a new show? I know he smokes sticks on Boston Legal. I'm stumped.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    j0z3r:
    So back to the topic at hand...doesn't Flava-flav have a reality show? Don't know if he's a cigar smoker, but I imagine he and Alex would look quite silly standing next to one another....of course flav looks silly on his own, with that big old clock, go digital man!!
    One of the most random moments in my life... way way back, before this reality TV craze.. I was living in Hampton Bays on Long Island in 2000, give or take a year. I went to my favorite pizza place for lunch, im standing at the counter waiting for my pizza, and flava-flav is in there.... cracked out as ever. Giant clock. Rumor was, he was going to rebab locally, so I ended up seeing him around alot. Spoke a bit, really odd guy, but nice.

Go figure the guy would be on TV again in a few years.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    j0z3r:
    One of the most random moments in my life... way way back, before this reality TV craze.. I was living in Hampton Bays on Long Island in 2000, give or take a year. I went to my favorite pizza place for lunch, im standing at the counter waiting for my pizza, and flava-flav is in there.... cracked out as ever. Giant clock. Rumor was, he was going to rebab locally, so I ended up seeing him around alot. Spoke a bit, really odd guy, but nice.

Go figure the guy would be on TV again in a few years.
    So what clued you in on that he's a really odd guy?? Must have been the sunglasses...lol

"Long ashes my friends."