Home General Discussion
Options

G O F and Bugatti DD

2»

Comments

• Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    So about the lighter, I have a funny story at my girl friends expense. So I hand her the new lighter and say "check that out." First looking at it she thought it was pretty sweet. Checked out the punch was pumped cuz of the smaller punch size that she is going to use for her Acid Blondie's. Then the fun begins...she asks "is it broken? why cant I get it to light?" And then more frustration builds, cuz I wouldnt tell her to push the cap off. About 10 min later, she figured it out. I couldnt help myself but to laugh my a$$ of at her. Gotta love those amazing blondes in our lives!!!!!!
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    txjayhawk:
    The Cank:
    What ? What happened ? Your Pre Embargos are smashed ?????
    Sure are...on one the wrapper looks like sum1 tried to peel it open from the middle, and the other feels like a squishy sponge. Oh well...I know the Beard and his clan will take care of me...they always do! But damn is that lighter sweet!!!!

yes The Beard will surly take care of it
  • Options
    zeebra:
    man I wish I get mine today, but i doubt it. I'm down here in Houston. I dont have any tracking info either
    Where are you in Houston? I got mine sat. afternoon.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    oh i got it saturday as well. Didnt think I would, but I did. I posted it like post 14 or so, maybe you missed it.
  • Options
    ya...guess so
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    txjayhawk:
    Then the fun begins...she asks "is it broken? why cant I get it to light?" And then more frustration builds, cuz I wouldnt tell her to push the cap off. About 10 min later, she figured it out. I couldnt help myself but to laugh my a$$ of at her. Gotta love those amazing blondes in our lives!!!!!!
    So how was your night on the couch?
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    txjayhawk:
    Then the fun begins...she asks "is it broken? why cant I get it to light?" And then more frustration builds, cuz I wouldnt tell her to push the cap off. About 10 min later, she figured it out. I couldnt help myself but to laugh my a$$ of at her. Gotta love those amazing blondes in our lives!!!!!!
    So how was your night on the couch?
    shes a good sport about the dumb things she does...that and she knows that shes a hellava lot smarter than I am...jsut has those blonde tendencies. After I was done laughn she laughed at her self and all was good.
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Got mine this evening; everyone is right the Bugatti is sweet and just big enough to be comfortable without being overbearing. Hell of deal!
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Got my PE & Lighter box today, everything was in good shape =D
  • Options
    asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
    Haven't gotten my GOF/Bugatti combo yet - a combination of the incompetence of the USPS (which "missent" my package on Saturday) and the inefficiency of the Yale mail system (which re-routes mail all over New Haven before getting things to the campus post office). This is why the postal system needs to be privatized :D

When I get it, is there much advantage to letting it rest in the humidor for a few weeks to a month, or should I just smoke it right away? I'm a relatively new smoker so I feel like I'd notice if it dried out by accident more than if it was aged a little.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    asolomon:
    Haven't gotten my GOF/Bugatti combo yet - a combination of the incompetence of the USPS (which "missent" my package on Saturday) and the inefficiency of the Yale mail system (which re-routes mail all over New Haven before getting things to the campus post office). This is why the postal system needs to be privatized :D

When I get it, is there much advantage to letting it rest in the humidor for a few weeks to a month, or should I just smoke it right away? I'm a relatively new smoker so I feel like I'd notice if it dried out by accident more than if it was aged a little.
    I'd say let it rest as long as you can, no sense risking a bad experience with a $21 cigar. I got a few and they are going to sleep till my B.day (end of June) or later.
  • Options
    asolomon:

Cigar.com has made me want the post office to stay exactly the way it is. Couple weeks ago I ordered the 5 Vegas Cask Strength weekend deal early Friday morning, it was shipped that day but for some reason UPS was used as opposed to USPS (weight maybe?). The following Monday I picked up the DPG daily deal which was shipped USPS. The daily deal purchase made it to me on Wednesday while the cask didn't arrive until Thursday. If the postal service keeps turnaround times that low I say let them continue to hemorrhage money.

And to keep this on topic my PE, lighter, and AJ Fernandez Dirty Dozen sampler is patiently waiting for me at home as we speak courtesy of the fine folks at the USPS. Might have to duck out a little early.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Glad you guys got your cigars in, so I heard that lighter was pretty heavy...turns out a buddy of mine got that deal but whoever packed his order put the lighter in the same bag as the cigar and pretty much screwed the cigar. Which SUCKS

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Got both my lighter and my GoF in today, and I'm stokked at both. The lighter is pretty big, I can't wait to break it in with Cigar 'A' of my mystery cigars.
  • Options
    I would let that GOF sit until a special occasion ! And yeah USPS kicks ass with the delivery. i get my smokes in about 2 days
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Krieg:
    Glad you guys got your cigars in, so I heard that lighter was pretty heavy...turns out a buddy of mine got that deal but whoever packed his order put the lighter in the same bag as the cigar and pretty much screwed the cigar. Which SUCKS
    They were all packed like that. I would also have liked to see some paperwork with the lighter (warranty card, instruction sheet...) Not that it was hard to figure out, but nice to have the info.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Mine was also packaged in one box, I had 12 sticks and 2 lighters in my package, no damages in there.

And yes USPS is faster with their priority mail than UPS unless you pay crazy amount for delivery for UPS. My humidor was ordered on Thursday, and I'm not going to get it till 4/2. My cigars and some other products were ordered on Thursday as well and I got them Saturday.
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Mine was also packaged in one box, I had 12 sticks and 2 lighters in my package, no damages in there.

And yes USPS is faster with their priority mail than UPS unless you pay crazy amount for delivery for UPS. My humidor was ordered on Thursday, and I'm not going to get it till 4/2. My cigars and some other products were ordered on Thursday as well and I got them Saturday.

that sucks !
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    zoom6zoom:
    Krieg:
    They were all packed like that. I would also have liked to see some paperwork with the lighter (warranty card, instruction sheet...) Not that it was hard to figure out, but nice to have the info.
    Mine wasn't. The GoF was in the bags with my five ruinations and the light had a bag all to it's own. What was odd though, was that I got two of the 5 vegas daily deals and there were four bags! Three cigars in each bag with a humi pillow. Not bad, just odd.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Tat and my orders should be coming today. I'm hoping for an early delivery and no damage as it is a pretty large order.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Ccom will offer this deal again...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Call them up. I got a great deal from His Holy Beardness last week on some GOFs.
  • Options
    what do you guys say when you call up ? Hey this is so and so you got any deals on "insert cigar" ?
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yup
  • Options
    Sweet Im gonna call about some Davidoffs... They will probably tell me to got to Hell though :-)
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    The Cank:
    Sweet Im gonna call about some Davidoffs... They will probably tell me to got to Hell though :-)
    That is probably the worst that could happen.....so I say go for it! Of course I get told to go to hell all the time.