madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Had an Illusione F9. One of my top 5
    Hey Maddy, it was your review of an Illusione cigar many years ago that sent me on a search for these.. Thank you, as there are always a few in my humidor to this day.
    Ah the old CG4 review. It was one of the few reviews I ever did that was longer than. "You should smoke it it's good" or "I'd have rather licked dog ass"

Glad to see some old friends around.
    Likewise.. I am serious, after reading that review I went online and spent close to two hundred bucks picking up pairs of the line. One for aging one for now, (or then, then.) As I recall You were told they were intended to be smoked fresher for the best flavor profile experience. Which I agreed on. Edit.. My secret is out Juno.
    Good memory Kas. I recall that now as well. But as all you old timers know I'm not the biggest proponent of aging anyways. Some cigars are different when aged but better? idk that's subjective. The exception being cigars that need to rest because they tobaccos aren't properly aged before they are rolled. But yes I believe Dion said his cigars were designed to be enjoyed immediately. I took that to mean he was confident his tobacco was aged properly and the cigars were allowed to marry properly before they hit shelves.

Funny enough back in the day when we were a board full of perverts Kas was the exception always trying to pull us back on subject and such. I think he was afraid the wife or kids would want to read the site he was always posting on.
    .. There is some truth to the wife and kids thing, my daughter discovered that through a google search of a variation of my name she found this site and I never wanted her to catch me being anything other than a daddy.. Urbino , on the other hand never had a problem sharing his ummm thoughts.
    Urbs damn he and his donkey loving friend. Wonder what ever happened to those gents. Urbs introduced me to Buffalo Trace I had to beg my local abc store to order it. It has been in my liquor cabinet ever since.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Maddy ... What was that one cigar you said you would never smoke. It was rolled for you personally at a B&M event. I can't remember. At least I think it was you.
  • Options
    I had a few nubs that sam rolled for me. I had a couple cigars that DPG rolled as well. I smoked 'em all. Cigars are made to be smoked. They are not collectables to me.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I had a few nubs that sam rolled for me. I had a couple cigars that DPG rolled as well. I smoked 'em all. Cigars are made to be smoked. They are not collectables to me.
    It was the Nub when they first came out That's it. Thanks. Back on track. Smoked a Camacho PE today. Very nice indeed, I got in on a Daily Deal yesterday.. five for 50 so I have some new stock on the way.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Been away from cigars for a very long time. Have been lucky enough to enjoy some amazing smokes within the last 2 weeks. Undercrown, Ashton VSG, La Aroma Mi Amor, CAO America and currently A.Fuente WOAM. Man I forgot how much I love great cigars!! Only problem is blew my budget on overpriced singles lol.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    Only problem is blew my budget on overpriced singles lol.
    Did you buy them at your local B&M? If so they weren't over-priced. Please support your B&M's they are not only selling cigars but providing a service and fighting a constant battle. I love Ccom and take advantage of their deals and exclusive cigars but 90% of my cigars come from my B&M, who gives me a place to smoke them when it is too cold, too hot, or too wet to smoke them outside.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Please support your B&M's they are not only selling cigars but providing a service and fighting a constant battle...
    ...my B&M, who gives me a place to smoke them when it is too cold, too hot, or too wet to smoke them outside.
    yup... this is very true.
    i do love cigar.com. i do buy from cigar.com. but i go to my B&M at least once a week and pick up a smoke. even when its nice out ill stop by there for a cigar. they need our support. they really are the backbone of this industry.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    Please support your B&M's they are not only selling cigars but providing a service and fighting a constant battle...
    ...my B&M, who gives me a place to smoke them when it is too cold, too hot, or too wet to smoke them outside.
    yup... this is very true.
    i do love cigar.com. i do buy from cigar.com. but i go to my B&M at least once a week and pick up a smoke. even when its nice out ill stop by there for a cigar. they need our support. they really are the backbone of this industry.
    And sometimes the price is very competitive...especially when a B&M sells boutique sticks. I can usually get those cheaper at my B&M than online. Win Win. I love supporting a local place
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    We need Like buttons. I pushed the imaginary one for both Kuzi and Gray's posts.
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Edgar Hoill Vida 004 005
  • Options
    MAWartMAWart Posts: 137
  • Options
    madurofan:
    gaberox:
    Did you buy them at your local B&M? If so they weren't over-priced. Please support your B&M's they are not only selling cigars but providing a service and fighting a constant battle. I love Ccom and take advantage of their deals and exclusive cigars but 90% of my cigars come from my B&M, who gives me a place to smoke them when it is too cold, too hot, or too wet to smoke them outside.
    Well I would not consider Total Wine to be a BnM. If youve heard of them they are a huge liquor store chain. I was a huge supporter of real cigar shops/bars when I lived in Tampa. I used to live down the street from the Tampa Humidor and spent tons of time there as well as King Corona in Ybor. Sadly in Albuquerque where I now live the only good BnM with a lounge charges an astrnomical price for a membership to smoke there. Believe me I miss having a great place to hang out and smoke with cool people.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    gaberox:
    Well I would not consider Total Wine to be a BnM. If youve heard of them they are a huge liquor store chain. I was a huge supporter of real cigar shops/bars when I lived in Tampa. I used to live down the street from the Tampa Humidor and spent tons of time there as well as King Corona in Ybor. Sadly in Albuquerque where I now live the only good BnM with a lounge charges an astrnomical price for a membership to smoke there. Believe me I miss having a great place to hang out and smoke with cool people. I say overpriced because from what Ive seen Liquor store chains tend to have huge markups compared to placed I used to frequent. Although it has been some time so maybe my market value understanding is outdated.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    madurofan:
    gaberox:
    Well I would not consider Total Wine to be a BnM. If youve heard of them they are a huge liquor store chain. I was a huge supporter of real cigar shops/bars when I lived in Tampa. I used to live down the street from the Tampa Humidor and spent tons of time there as well as King Corona in Ybor. Sadly in Albuquerque where I now live the only good BnM with a lounge charges an astrnomical price for a membership to smoke there. Believe me I miss having a great place to hang out and smoke with cool people.
    I just visited Tampa and Ybor! King corona was nice... went to Long Ash Cigars in Ybor too, I am impressed with their sticks so far.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    madurofan:
    gaberox:
    Well I would not consider Total Wine to be a BnM. If youve heard of them they are a huge liquor store chain. I was a huge supporter of real cigar shops/bars when I lived in Tampa. I used to live down the street from the Tampa Humidor and spent tons of time there as well as King Corona in Ybor. Sadly in Albuquerque where I now live the only good BnM with a lounge charges an astrnomical price for a membership to smoke there. Believe me I miss having a great place to hang out and smoke with cool people. I say overpriced because from what Ive seen Liquor store chains tend to have huge markups compared to placed I used to frequent. Although it has been some time so maybe my market value understanding is outdated.
    Yea I'm familiar with total wine. Nice selection of wine and beer but no not a Cigar shop. As you were.

Oh and no smoke for me tonight I have a buddy coming into town tomorrow we'll smoke all weekend.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    gaberox:
    madurofan:
    gaberox:
    I just visited Tampa and Ybor! King corona was nice... went to Long Ash Cigars in Ybor too, I am impressed with their sticks so far.
    Thats awesome. I cant wait to visit sometime as I havent been back there since I moved away 5 years ago.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Just lit up a Room 101 OSOK Trucha
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    nuuuubed iiiiiit
  • Options
    Last night was A CLE Cuarenta, What a perfect everyday cigar. I love the way this stick builds in flavor and strength.. It is a bit spicy on the retrohale at the start, but what a flavor pay-off after the first third. Great construction and burn. I enjoy the room aroma of this one too. It is one of my favorite "new" cigars. I plan to keep these on hand for a long time.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Last night was A CLE Cuarenta, What a perfect everyday cigar. I love the way this stick builds in flavor and strength.. It is a bit spicy on the retrohale at the start, but what a flavor pay-off after the first third. Great construction and burn. I enjoy the room aroma of this one too. It is one of my favorite "new" cigars. I plan to keep these on hand for a long time.
    CLE and Asylum Cigars have become Go To's for me. At 4-5 bucks at the B&M, Incredible value. Well done Christian.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Well aged CAO Brazilia.. these just get better and better! image
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Gray4lines:
    Well aged CAO Brazilia.. these just get better and better! image
    LOVE The CAO Brazilia, what vitola is that?

Just lit up a 5 Vegas AAA. Love these little pepper bombs!
  • Options
    Its the Gol, Id like to try some different sizes. It's F'ing up though... image
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Bummer man, hope it worked out!

Having a 2 stick night for the first time in a long time, lit up a CAO Italia novella
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    10th Year of Don Pepin Garica: DPG Limited Edition. I got five of them. I will review the second cigar not this one. I am just enjoying the smoke now.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Undercrown corona