Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    ehehat:
    Same stupid year I was born...ugh hope the smoke was better than that year.
    the smoke was great just as I bet most of us feel about the year you were born.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    Started with a 101 Daruma from Loon Lake Jim while cooking burgers on the grill .... but damn thing turned into the Lincoln Expressway tunnel, wrapper wasn't burning but I could've drove my car through the ash that remained in the center .....

So figured I'd try something else ... Fired up a la palina KB2 after walking the dog and wouldn't you know it, same damn problem. WTF??!!?

Only made it about 1/2 way through both of them before putting them down .... LAME!! Oh well, guess it was just one of those days.
    Time to pull out "ol' faithful" and giver one last try.
    The Daruma is one of my "ol' faithfuls" ... very consistent.

IDK I'm going to blame it on the weather, no idea what went wrong. These were both in the humi for a while and I've had good luck with these two brands before. Oh well...
    Oh well. There is always next time. It really bums me out when I have days like that.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    My first Black Crown. Enjoying it quite a bit

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Graycliff dbl espresso
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lancero...of course. image
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    For lancero day, Fan Fing tastic. image followed by an J. Fuego Origin original. Great choice for a follow up. With a slightly stronger night cap. image
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I followed up my Cain f lancero with a la riqueza no. 4. I had forgotten just how much I like la riquezas. It moving into my top 5 I think.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Since we're giving the lancero love in both places...
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had an Obsidian toro. Don't know what the problem was but I had to do quite a few relights. Over humidified I guess. Last couple inches started getting a little bitter.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Camacho PE
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Randy! image
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Smoking my first Alec Bradley New York. Pretty good stick.
  • Options
    From the djfish

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    beautiful cigar for a beautiful night.

Thanks RCY, my one and only Davidoff

photo 9DA105F6-83E7-49EA-BA9A-481DDBE143D5-8455-00000CF39939AD19_zps35e1946a.jpg
  • Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Gray4lines:
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    curtpick:
    AVJim:
    curtpick:
    smoking a tatuaque Miami and enjoying the wonderful weather
    Damn Curt..... is that a 000-18? Nice cigar.... BEAUTIFUL guitar!!!! I wonder what I have humi to trade for that!!!!!!!

No, it a D3R with special bridging and fretting from Martin. 3 Piece Back, Rosewood. Wonderful tone, and a loud booming bass. Hard to find now days.
    It would take more than likely more than you have in your humi I'm afraid !
    You play ?
    My friend in the band I was in played a Martin that was handed down, beautiful guitar!!

they are a pleasure to play Jim. My therapy if ya know what I mean.
    Cool Curt! I have a Martin (lower end for their guitars) but it's great... You are right, they have tons of bass. I'll have to get it out.

I used to play a lot. The kids plucking the strings while trying to play/relax put a damper on it. So.... it's unfortunately been awhile. The guitars will always be there waiting to be played... some day. Nothing sounds like a Martin. I've always wanted an 18 or 28. Beautiful.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Options
    Last night I had a Legado de Pepin robusto followed by an Illusione ~2~. I thoroughly enjoyed both.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    CAO Concert
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    Gray4lines:
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    curtpick:
    AVJim:
    curtpick:
    Damn Curt..... is that a 000-18? Nice cigar.... BEAUTIFUL guitar!!!! I wonder what I have humi to trade for that!!!!!!!

No, it a D3R with special bridging and fretting from Martin. 3 Piece Back, Rosewood. Wonderful tone, and a loud booming bass. Hard to find now days.
    You play ?
    My friend in the band I was in played a Martin that was handed down, beautiful guitar!!

Cool Curt! I have a Martin (lower end for their guitars) but it's great... You are right, they have tons of bass. I'll have to get it out.

I used to play a lot. The kids plucking the strings while trying to play/relax put a damper on it. So.... it's unfortunately been awhile. The guitars will always be there waiting to be played... some day. Nothing sounds like a Martin. I've always wanted an 18 or 28. Beautiful.
    great pic !
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    AVJim:
    Gray4lines:
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    curtpick:
    AVJim:
    curtpick:

You play ?

great pic !

Thank you kind sir !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a Tres Reynes ...... I really dig this smoke and love how toothy the wrapper is...... It's like extra gripping to prevent the dropping of the cherished cigar. Lol
  • Options
    Just fired up a Ramon Bueso Odyssey robusto about 20 minutes ago. Yep... box bedlam it is. This is pairing nicely with a Red Stripe. Hooray beer!
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    Just fired up a Ramon Bueso Odyssey robusto about 20 minutes ago. Yep... box bedlam it is. This is pairing nicely with a Red Stripe. Hooray beer!
    Ohhhh Red Stripe with some Marley in the background...
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    photo IMAG0225_zps16a67d5f.jpgIt's my first. I loved it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    photo IMAG0225_zps16a67d5f.jpgIt's my first. I loved it.
    Nice! Which Avo is that? Classic? I cant tell which band that is. But Ive loved every one ive had!
  • Options
    Can you tell by the terrible burn??

Yup! A Gurkha Titan II. Draw is tight too, but still a good smoke! image
  • Options
    Finishing the evening off with a Quesada Octoberfest kurs from the one the only shizz. Jimbo you're the man. In the past month or so I've had a casa magna oscuro, tributo, and now this, all of which have been great. I like me some Quesada.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    262 Ideology. I like the rosado wrapper on this stick. Ultra smooth retrohale. Pairing very nicely wih a blended scotch and water.