Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it was the regular maddy, but not sure 100%. This was from a bomb from Chuck N. He may know for sure! It was very firm but light. Think this had some age to it by the way it smoked too! Just delicious! Thanks Chuck!
  • Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    It was a Camacho slr maduro. I picked up a couple 5ers of them on ff a couple months ago. I actually have not tried one yet. Im glad you enjoyed it Matt. Now Ill have to try one too.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Last night I had a Quesada Tributo that I didn't think the ash was ever going to fall off of.
    And tonight I'm having a Don Sixto from Plasencia.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Bombay:
    mmccartneydc:
    These were Sat. night. Both were great smokes but the Camacho was outta this world good!image

Doc, was the camcacho a regular or double maduro? Their triple maduro is fantastic and my favorite maduro. Just picked up a fiver of the triple maddy from BandyT with a year on them and can't wait.
    theres a double maduro?????? If so mmmmmmmmm I really like the corojo ltd maduro and know there is a triple and normal corojo maduro but never heard of the double
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a Cain f nub next to the new fire pit image
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Nice firepit. Totally jelly. Looks Like your doing a little backyard camping also. Very nice!
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    It's about to get started around my house tonight. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    smoking a tatuaque Miami and enjoying the wonderful weather
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    Churchill83Churchill83 Posts: 80
    Having an Alec Bradley Nica Puro. I heard good things so I picked one up at the new B&M and I am quite impressed! Good medium stick, that I could smoke anytime.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Churchill83:
    Having an Alec Bradley Nica Puro. I heard good things so I picked one up at the new B&M and I am quite impressed! Good medium stick, that I could smoke anytime.
    Check your PM's bro!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    This is fan Fing tastic!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    curtpick:
    Damn Curt..... is that a 000-18? Nice cigar.... BEAUTIFUL guitar!!!! I wonder what I have humi to trade for that!!!!!!!
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Jim I smoked the one of these you sent me a couple weeks ago and I thought it was AWESOME. Thanks again Shizza Man.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Not bad for a "budget" smoke...
    photo null_zpscd9c5739.jpg
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    I smoked this very cigar today...I would agree, That was great. I got this one from our friend RCY Cigars (rick) Thanks brother.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Bigshizza:
    I smoked this very cigar today...I would agree, That was great. I got this one from our friend RCY Cigars (rick) Thanks brother.
    one of his best if ya ask me, i have had one that wasnt as great but all the rest have been really good!
  • Options
    AVJim:
    curtpick:
    Damn Curt..... is that a 000-18? Nice cigar.... BEAUTIFUL guitar!!!! I wonder what I have humi to trade for that!!!!!!!

No, it a D3R with special bridging and fretting from Martin. 3 Piece Back, Rosewood. Wonderful tone, and a loud booming bass. Hard to find now days.
    It would take more than likely more than you have in your humi I'm afraid !
    You play ?
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    camacho PE,, nice guitar!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    camacho PE,, nice guitar!

thanks bro!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started with a 101 Daruma from Loon Lake Jim while cooking burgers on the grill .... but damn thing turned into the Lincoln Expressway tunnel, wrapper wasn't burning but I could've drove my car through the ash that remained in the center .....

So figured I'd try something else ... Fired up a la palina KB2 after walking the dog and wouldn't you know it, same damn problem. WTF??!!?

Only made it about 1/2 way through both of them before putting them down .... LAME!! Oh well, guess it was just one of those days.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    Started with a 101 Daruma from Loon Lake Jim while cooking burgers on the grill .... but damn thing turned into the Lincoln Expressway tunnel, wrapper wasn't burning but I could've drove my car through the ash that remained in the center .....

So figured I'd try something else ... Fired up a la palina KB2 after walking the dog and wouldn't you know it, same damn problem. WTF??!!?

Only made it about 1/2 way through both of them before putting them down .... LAME!! Oh well, guess it was just one of those days.
    Time to pull out "ol' faithful" and giver one last try.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Having to fight it a little

So far still a good cigar despite the burn issues. Thanks BDR for giving me a shot at this one.
  • Options
    ehehat:
    Same stupid year I was born...ugh hope the smoke was better than that year.
  • Options
    curtpick:
    AVJim:
    curtpick:

No, it a D3R with special bridging and fretting from Martin. 3 Piece Back, Rosewood. Wonderful tone, and a loud booming bass. Hard to find now days.
    You play ?
    My friend in the band I was in played a Martin that was handed down, beautiful guitar!!
  • Options
    C-LOVE:
    Bigshizza:
    Jim I smoked the one of these you sent me a couple weeks ago and I thought it was AWESOME. Thanks again Shizza Man.
    Glad you enjoyed it!! A very special cigar for sure.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    curtpick:
    AVJim:
    curtpick:

You play ?
    My friend in the band I was in played a Martin that was handed down, beautiful guitar!!

they are a pleasure to play Jim. My therapy if ya know what I mean.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    curtpick:
    AVJim:
    curtpick:

You play ?

they are a pleasure to play Jim. My therapy if ya know what I mean.
    Cool Curt! I have a Martin (lower end for their guitars) but it's great... You are right, they have tons of bass. I'll have to get it out.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:

Time to pull out "ol' faithful" and giver one last try.
    The Daruma is one of my "ol' faithfuls" ... very consistent.

IDK I'm going to blame it on the weather, no idea what went wrong. These were both in the humi for a while and I've had good luck with these two brands before. Oh well...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *