Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    Smoked an Oliva O natural last torpedo last night. First smoke since Thursday. Did not like this one, one bit. Don't know what it was but it ranks pretty close to my experience with the Cusano xclusivo which I absolutely hated. I had the Maduro last week and really liked that one. Well, I have 2 more so maybe it was a bad stick. Time will tell.
    yeah, i didnt like the O either.
    It's hard to describe. It reminded me a little of a Don Diego baby, which I used to smoke when I first started smoking around 18-19 but because it has been so long I oculd be off. I do remember the don diego being a whole lot better than the Oliva O.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    It's hard to describe. It reminded me a little of a Don Diego baby, which I used to smoke when I first started smoking around 18-19 but because it has been so long I oculd be off. I do remember the don diego being a whole lot better than the Oliva O.
    a bit papery and pulpy and a generic "chemical"? I also remember a char kinda taste goin on.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    is that like the boy or girl fuente line?
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Tonight I'll have the house blend Criollo from our local shop. This one is a figurado, a little over 6 inches in length. Imagine a Gurkha perfecto with the same foot, but with a much longer taper at the head, like a 5 Vegas Torpedo. Odd looking bugger.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Duty, I just noticed the new avatar and couldn't help but laugh. Ouch! Are you gonna take that Squirrel?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Glad you liked it, Joe. I've never had the tar buildup, but I'm a guillotine man.
    Me too, I just got a really close cut that almost resembled a punch cut. The tar buildup is nasty, I'd highly recommend against it.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    Glad you liked it, Joe. I've never had the tar buildup, but I'm a guillotine man.
    Me too, I just got a really close cut that almost resembled a punch cut. The tar buildup is nasty, I'd highly recommend against it.
    I am the king of tar I think. Not proud of it though.
  • Options
    I had a gurkha master select, didn't finish it though. Just didn't like it. Maybe it needs to rest but I had the xo maduro and enjoyed it very much..
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    Duty, I just noticed the new avatar and couldn't help but laugh. Ouch! Are you gonna take that Squirrel?
    umm, well I do think it is in bad taste, I mean come on duty...
  • Options
    I am sitting in my back yard on a beautiful early spring night enjoying a cigar I had never heard of until I picked it up at my local cigar shop. It is a Habanos Puros Fuerte. A very full bodied smoke with a dominate chocolate and espreso taste. Perfect draw, and a wonderful aroma. I believe it is a puro from Nicaragua. If you have never tried one, I suggest you do. I will be buying more in the future.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    hehe.. just a little reminder of what the little bushy-tailed rat will look like after I've loaded and re-calibrated the guns.... he'll get his
  • Options
    Oh yeah... the house blend was absolutely spectacular. Most of them have not been very dynamic, just a great consistent flavor the whole way. This thing, likely due to its shape, was incredibly complex. Spicy start, buttery middle, and a leathery finish with a bit of spice. It struck my as rather full-bodied, which is a huge departure from how mild the other blends are. Then I figured out that I hadn't eaten anything since lunch, and I figured that was the culprit. This was the last figurado they had, so I'm gonna tell them to make some more next time I'm in. The Criollo wrapper has to be my favorite of these guys.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a DPG Tabacos Baez belicoso earlier, one that was gifted to me by maddy. It was good, not Pepin's greatest achievement, but I enjoyed it, medium-full with a toasty-ness to it. Finished out the night with a Padron 3000, definitely in my top 5 list.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I didn't actually smoke anything today which is really depressing me since it is my birthday... But on the other hand I did get some GREAT smokes! From the wife, one I've been wanting to try for a while but haven't wanted to drop the money for one, the ESG! I'm excited about that, it will be a long while before I smoke it, but I'll be happy just having it resting in the humi. Also got a Padron 1926 80th aniv Maduro! Another one I've been excited about and I'm looking forward to having it resting for quite some time in the humidor!
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Had an H. Upmann. It was O.K. I would like to give it another shot at a later date because Im having some sinus issues.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinkin when i get home it'll be either an Oliva G Maduro or an Oliva Master Blends 3. Been dying to try the latter.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I had a Partagas Spanish Rosado last night. Was a decent smoke. Nothing too special IMO though. I'd smoke it again.
  • Options
    Nothing for me last night. Maybe something tonight. Not sure. Need something quick but not too quick. Maybe a Nub
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    bbc020:
    I had a Partagas Spanish Rosado last night. Was a decent smoke. Nothing too special IMO though. I'd smoke it again.

did you get any cinnamon flavor from it Brandon? I always think I can taste cinnamon in those, I like them pretty much ...
  • Options
    it did have a mellow spice to it, I could call it cinnamon, but honestly I've been fighting a small sinus attack and my palate hasn't been too sharp the past couple days. I could tell there were various subtle flavors there, just couldn't pick any out. The last third was the best part though.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    I didn't actually smoke anything today which is really depressing me since it is my birthday... But on the other hand I did get some GREAT smokes! From the wife, one I've been wanting to try for a while but haven't wanted to drop the money for one, the ESG! I'm excited about that, it will be a long while before I smoke it, but I'll be happy just having it resting in the humi. Also got a Padron 1926 80th aniv Maduro! Another one I've been excited about and I'm looking forward to having it resting for quite some time in the humidor!

I think you will like the ESG...I did. And Happy Birthday to another BOTL....enjoy your day brother...I can't drink one with you so I'll drink one for ya ...
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Just finished a Sol Cubano Connecticut. It wasn't very complex, but I liked the creamy flavor it had. Perfect burn too.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

I think you will like the ESG...I did. And Happy Birthday to another BOTL....enjoy your day brother...I can't drink one with you so I'll drink one for ya ...
    happy b-day...
  • Options
    burnin' a Java Robusto Maduro ....uummmmmmm...as always great ...about finished with it ...
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Camacho 1962 Churchill while working on my annual performance review. It's early yet, will probably light up something else after dinner.
  • Options
    SmokeRingSmokeRing Posts: 61
    Nothing last night it was too windy and might be tonight as well. If not, I picked up a RP sungrown torpedo I'm wantin' to try.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    My favorite local cigar shop just closed (retirement). I have obviously heard about cigar.com, but never really needed it. Instead of going to another shop, I decided to put an order in here to save a couple of bucks and get a bigger variety. I had my first cigar from this site today on the course. I puffed on a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. Very good smoke. It was windy so it went down faster than I would have liked, but I am very impressed. I am going to have a cigar.com house blend tonight. Just haven't decided which one. If I can save $2-$3 dollars a stick and not sacrifice quality, I am going to be a very happy person.
  • Options
    SmokeRingSmokeRing Posts: 61
    Prepare for happiness! And welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum bro! Save yourself the time and buy a bigger humi now :) I just fnished a Oliva G Maduro Special G. I really like tht size, you can really taste the wrapper. Tonight will probably be the Master Blend 3 ive been jonesing to try.
  • Options
    definitely welcome to the forum. great to have another ohioan on the boards. I could see a ccom ohio herf going down sometime. I just lit up a LFD ligero. nice spicey stick. i'm looking forward to it