Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Welcome aboard, undulac. And hi to everybody. I've been around less, lately. Life has gotten busy.

I just enjoyed a Monte White rothschild. Very tasty, as usual. I'd intended to have another something, but it's windy as hell out here. Still, I might press my luck.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had a Partagas Lusitania tonight. This is a masterfully crafted cigar, perfect draw, a near perfect burn that strayed at times but always corrected itself. Excellent flavor as well.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I keep meaning to have that master blends 3, but a Man O'War just had my name on it tonight. Got em in a trade with Laker(BTW, be veeeeery careful opening up your mailbox next week :), great cigar! Not a single burn issue, terrific flavor and fine construction. Maybe tomorrow will be an Oliva day.
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    Right now it is 6:25am, I am having a cup of coffee and smoking a "Cabinet Series" Perdomo Reserve. Little strong for my taste but a good smoke.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had a 5 Vagas Classic last night. It was the dbl nickle size and as always it was a great smoke! Not a single burn issue and had amazing flavor all the way down to the nub. This is one of my favorite medium bodied smokes.
  • Options
    At first i lit up a CCOM Red Label (Maduro), it had this gross fishy flavor i couldnt get past. Maybe i got a bad one, rither that or i'm sticking with the brazillian label. Would like to try the rest, need to order that sampler. After that i lit up a Padilla Habano. Good smoke, nothing excetionally good or bad about it. It was part of that 3 Padilla deal i got from ccom. The Miami was excellent though!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Its currently 93 degrees in Nicaragua ...I would trade that for this crappy 50's and rain. (drifts away to veranda overlooking ocean and lights up a VSG ) Oh well back to reality ...still at work...damn it !
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    At first i lit up a CCOM Red Label (Maduro), it had this gross fishy flavor i couldnt get past. Maybe i got a bad one, rither that or i'm sticking with the brazillian label. Would like to try the rest, need to order that sampler. After that i lit up a Padilla Habano. Good smoke, nothing excetionally good or bad about it. It was part of that 3 Padilla deal i got from ccom. The Miami was excellent though!
    really? is that from me? wow, I had one when I got them and liked it very much. no fishy-ness...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Its currently 93 degrees in Nicaragua ...I would trade that for this crappy 50's and rain. (drifts away to veranda overlooking ocean and lights up a VSG ) Oh well back to reality ...still at work...damn it !

Go to Nicaragua and light up a Dominican....Dude wtf? :). I would grab my cutter and lighter and haul ass to Esteli and party with my newwwww friends!!
  • Options
    bbc020:
    definitely welcome to the forum. great to have another ohioan on the boards. I could see a ccom ohio herf going down sometime. I just lit up a LFD ligero. nice spicey stick. i'm looking forward to it
    you guy's multiply I'll tell you that. Need more Portland-ers on here. No love for Oregon I tell ya what. Well I can't really blame anyone....
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    really? is that from me? wow, I had one when I got them and liked it very much. no fishy-ness...

I didnt wanna dime you out, i think it was just a bad stick. There was enough maduro flavor coming through that i want to try another one, but on the exhale, kinda on the finish...fish. Wierd man.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    gmill880:

Go to Nicaragua and light up a Dominican....Dude wtf? :). I would grab my cutter and lighter and haul ass to Esteli and party with my newwwww friends!!

Maybe Jonathan Drew will let me party at his new place in Esteli ......still have not been able to get any info on the CigarSafari they were offering...you know that would be a party...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    phobicsquirrel:

I didnt wanna dime you out, i think it was just a bad stick. There was enough maduro flavor coming through that i want to try another one, but on the exhale, kinda on the finish...fish. Wierd man.

Dont worry about that Jet...theres a fish pond at the edge of the factory where they are rolled. The workers go out there and fish at lunch time...one of them just forgot to wash his hands...;)
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I am going try out the RP Vintage '90 for the first time tonight. I've read good things about it, and I hope I like it. I normally smoke milder cigars, 5veg gold/ RP Connecticut, but lately I am starting to feel like having something with a bit more zing to it.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Jetmech_63:
    phobicsquirrel:

Dont worry about that Jet...theres a fish pond at the edge of the factory where they are rolled. The workers go out there and fish at lunch time...one of them just forgot to wash his hands...;)
    hmm, well it's cigar.com's fault then.. lol. yeah they are pretty damn good, my favorite of the line other than the blue (though it's mighty mild). Though maybe you had some fishy like substance in your mouth before lighting up...? =p
  • Options
    Just finished off a 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle. I LOVE short huge ring smokes, they smoke so cool and even. It had a really god flavor and tasted exactly like a cigar ive had before but i'll be damned if i can remember which one. Dont think ive had a bad smoke from 5 Vegas yet with the exception of a Limitada that had burn issues.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I had what's become my favorite Sat (or Sun) afternoon combo: coffee and a Perdomo ESV. Thanks again, j0z3r.
    Jetmech_63:
    phobicsquirrel:

Feebs, did you send him a Bill Clinton special?
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    This afternoon I had my first montecristo media noche...it was good, burn evenly and all, just not memorable. As far as maduros go, they're definitely others I would pick up before this.

Then this evening I had another Nording compliments of Brother Joe and it was even more fantastic than the first one I had. I'd love to get some more of these, but I don't think they're easy to come by.

Washed it all down with yuengling.
  • Options
    Luko:
    I'd love to get some more of these, but I don't think they're easy to come by.
    Check your inbox. :)
  • Options
    urbino:
    I had what's become my favorite Sat (or Sun) afternoon combo: coffee and a Perdomo ESV. Thanks again, j0z3r.
    Jetmech_63:
    phobicsquirrel:

Feebs, did you send him a Bill Clinton special?
    ROMAL!!! oh that's funny...
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    After breakfast I had a Savinella Special Selection 2005 - great cigar. Mid-afternoon I lit up my 2nd Oliva Connecticut - great, mild cigar. Nutty. After a nice big dinner I had the Oliva Serie V - this cigar is a powerhouse but it's very smooth.
  • Options
    ShawnJ:
    After breakfast I had a Savinella Special Selection 2005 - great cigar. Mid-afternoon I lit up my 2nd Oliva Connecticut - great, mild cigar. Nutty. After a nice big dinner I had the Oliva Serie V - this cigar is a powerhouse but it's very smooth.

dang son all you did was eat and smoke today.....yes i am jealous....
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Tonight was an Aurora 1495. Hey maddy, check your PM.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    had a San Cristobal Classico tonight. What a great smoke with chocolate and nutty notes.
  • Options
    Had me a CI white label and a gurkha ancient warrior.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Last night I poured myself a nice guatamalan rum and fired up the RP vintage 90. Very good smoke but you know, I think I like the 92 a little better. Has anyone had the segundos of the 92?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Jdorais:
    Last night I poured myself a nice guatamalan rum and fired up the RP vintage 90. Very good smoke but you know, I think I like the 92 a little better. Has anyone had the segundos of the 92?
    The debate continues... Both are great cigars, but I like the '92 a little more.. Never had the seconds, but they seem to be very popular around here lately.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Padilla obsibian tonight, another first for me. I think I remember reading here about others having burn issues with padillas in general and this cigar specifically. But no issues, and this was fantasticl...a little peppery, a lot chocolaty/expresso.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Smoking a La Herencia Cubana. A first for me tonight. What a pleasant surprise. After hearing good things on here about them, they stand up to the great things I've heard. An excellent nicarauguan cigar with some spice, earth and some nice balancing sweetness.
  • Options
    Had some good ones today. I started off with what is becoming a routine weekend morning smoke, a Fuente 8-5-8 flor fina that was pretty good. A bit later was a La Cuna bin #85 habano robusto, also a nice smoke. Still later was a Fuente Hemingway classic that I got from our good friend Mr. Urbino, always a nice cigar. And finally, I just finished up with a Padilla Signature 1932 torpedo, this cigar is just dandy, great flavor and complexity, better than the churchill, but both are awesome.