Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    Smooth as hell, remember reading Oliva produced the tobacco for these, reminds me of a Serie V with a tweek.

I think that's Oliva Tobacco, different company than Oliva Cigars.
    Still the Oliva family though.
    When I had problems with the Latitude Zero Experimental, which I highly recommend, John Oliva sent me ones that they made for me.
    The Experimental is a cameroon, so tells you why I like them.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asylum Premium petite corona
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Smooth as hell, remember reading Oliva produced the tobacco for these, reminds me of a Serie V with a tweek.

Saw a man unwrap one at the cigar bar, will try one next time
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Diver43
    I've had those for 4 years or more and never smoked them, decided it was time last night. Draw was perfect, burned well, it was really smooth, reminded me of a Serie V for some reason just the blend was tweaked. I'll smoke a Serie V tonight or tomorrow to see for sure it they are in fact that similar and I'm not fooling myself, could even be the same blend just rebranded…hmmm. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collective and some Jimmy B
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palmas Maduro

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    TX98Z28 said:
    Palmas Maduro

Those things are tasty as helll. Give them about 3 years and they are superb.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From @deadman. Thanks Nick :)
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    No problem, enjoy brother.

My wife found the receipt today if you want that tracking number.  :D
    TX98Z28 said:
    Palmas Maduro

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this yesterday. It definitely needed some time on this one, had to touch it up a couple times and the cigar actually went out about 4 times, it flat out just stopped burning, if waited more than 30 seconds sometimes less it was out, draw wasn't very good. As far as flavor when burning even and stead, the cigar was sweet and complex as to be expected. This cigar even resting 2-3 months from the B&M just wasn't ready or had a bad roll. Nothing irritates me more than having to baby sit a cigar.

A box of each natural/maduro will be ordered soon to go in the new cooler. I love the length and ring gauge of the Palmas. 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    Palmas Maduro

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this yesterday. It definitely needed some time on this one, had to touch it up a couple times and the cigar actually went out about 4 times, it flat out just stopped burning, if waited more than 30 seconds sometimes less it was out, draw wasn't very good. As far as flavor when burning even and stead, the cigar was sweet and complex as to be expected. This cigar even resting 2-3 months from the B&M just wasn't ready or had a bad roll. Nothing irritates me more than having to baby sit a cigar.

A box of each natural/maduro will be ordered soon to go in the new cooler. I love the length and ring gauge of the Palmas. 
    The Churchill and ambassador are nice sizes also.