Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I just finished up a Perdomo habano conni, Freaking wow, what a great cigar. I had the 6x60 and talk about a cool, nutty-toasty, mellow smoke. I really want to try the maduro now. I totally recommend this cigar.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength 2 this morning. Awesome, awesome stick. I think is my favorite 5 Vegas so far. I then had an El Mejor Emerald at lunch, always a good go-to. I am eyeing a RP Edge for after dinner, I have been itching to try it.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength 2 this morning. Awesome, awesome stick. I think is my favorite 5 Vegas so far. I then had an El Mejor Emerald at lunch, always a good go-to. I am eyeing a RP Edge for after dinner, I have been itching to try it.
    I too thought the cask strength was a great cigar. Have you had the Relic? Which one had more of a kick, that is if you had the relic. I thought the cask was a bit heavier.
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    I just finished up a perfecto Centurian from the daily deal, what a great smoke from start to finish.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    alienmisprint:
    I too thought the cask strength was a great cigar. Have you had the Relic? Which one had more of a kick, that is if you had the relic. I thought the cask was a bit heavier.
    I haven't had the Relic yet, a guy here is supposed to be picking me up a box of them for osme work I did for him. I don't think he is going to come through, lol. If he doesn't come through in the next week or so, I'm gonna pick up a five pack of them. What would you compare the taste to? Similar to the Cask Strength?

I honestly was expecting more of a kick from the Cask Strength. It wasn't mild by any means, but I was expecting to be on my ass and I wasn't. Still a great cigar though.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    phobicsquirrel:
    alienmisprint:
    I haven't had the Relic yet, a guy here is supposed to be picking me up a box of them for osme work I did for him. I don't think he is going to come through, lol. If he doesn't come through in the next week or so, I'm gonna pick up a five pack of them. What would you compare the taste to? Similar to the Cask Strength?

I honestly was expecting more of a kick from the Cask Strength. It wasn't mild by any means, but I was expecting to be on my ass and I wasn't. Still a great cigar though.
    Not sure to be honest. I would have to have another cask and then relic back to back to pin point it. I found the relic to be milder though. rob did a nice review on it in his review page. It's a good cigar though I think it needs a few months on it.
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Had a La Flor Dominicana this afternoon, then this evening I lit up one of my last CAO MX2's. Went through a box of these pretty quick. Getting a box of Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic's next week - definitely one of my favorites.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Enjoying my last Rocky Patel Connecticut. Too bad, because they're starting to really grow on me. I'll have to pick some more up next week.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Carlos Toraño Casa Toraño toro this afternoon, a pleasant mild-medium bodied cigar, very nice flavors going on. Later was an ITC 10th second toro from alien, this was really good too, I haven't had one since October and I really liked it then.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Had a Carlos Toraño Casa Toraño toro this afternoon, a pleasant mild-medium bodied cigar, very nice flavors going on. Later was an ITC 10th second toro from alien, this was really good too, I haven't had one since October and I really liked it then.
    They had a deal on the Casa Toranos a couple of days ago I picked up, I love those. I also really dig those ITC's, glad you like them too.

Just finished an Edge Corojo. Not a bad cigar, about on par with most of the other Habanos I have had. Nothing really special, but a good smoke.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I didn't get to smoke last night but I'll probably need to tonight since this my post number 1000 for me! haha Gotta do something to celebrate, just not sure what I'll fire up yet...
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Congrats on 1,000 Puro!

I had a Oliva MB1 torpedo last night. First time trying this cigar and while it was a very nice smoke, I think I enjoy the other two Master Blends a little more. Smoke started off a little spicy with a med-full body. It then began developing what I'll call a leather scent/flavor. The only other time I could distinguish this sort of nuance was with my last LX2 (after the spice was done pounding me), but with this stick the leather came very early in comparison. After the halfway point I could get the subtle linger of a nuttiness. A little sweetness came in with this nuttiness, but the leathery quality remained for most of the stick. I consider it a quality smoke, no doubt! But it might not be my cup of tea.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a Gurkha Nepalese Warrior yesterday. It was stronger than I remember. Near the last inch and a half I started getting an amonia taste but that was the only down side. Good cigar that I ave a bunch more of.
  • Options
    Well I won't be smoking anything for about a week, had two back teeth taken out this morning.. but I can still surf the web. Nice thing is I get a 4 day weekend, though no smoking which does suck.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    ITC maduro...probably the worst smoke I've ever had. It developed a few splits and I just could get a draw on this sucker...no idea if it would have tasted good or not.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    85 in Chicago today!  Started out w a R&J 1875 Churchill. Next up was a IT Super Fuerte. Finished the night with a RP 1992 Torpedo.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Alright, gotta break this down. Camacho event in my local B&M, I ended up buying the sampler box of the Triple Maduro, which is my favorite cigar. I smoked, however, a local house-blend maduro from somewhere on long island which was stellar, I'll get a name for you guys in a bit. Then, tonight at a party I had a 5 Vegas Limitada 2008 which was a fantastic smoke, great flavor of nuts and a hint of coffee and cream. I paired it with Yuengling Black and Tan which was also a fantastic choice. My only complaint was that the Limitada burned a bit unevenly, and required a few touch-ups.

Also a Xikar lighter, which I love! So my humi is pretty full, I'm actually going to throw together a pair of bombs tomorrow (my first!) Excellent day.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #4 today, fresh out of the box from ccom. It was good, pretty much what I've come to expect of a SC CC, though a tad harsh...6 months will do it well. Don't know if I'll have another tonight, it's kinda windy and chilly.
  • Options
    I had a smoorgasboard of cigars today since I was on the road all day. I started the day with a 5 Vegas Gold Double Nickel and then I went to an Edge Lite toro. After a break I lit up a 5 Vegas Classic torpedo. One my return trip i had a 5 Vegas Serie A Alpha. I stopped at a B&M that I discovered a couple weeks ago and had a Camacho Triple Maduro 11/18 and then to make sure I stayed awake while I drove in the dark I had a Camacho Diploma. Thats the most cigars I've had in one day and I'm suprised how well my palate handled it. I was able to taste the nuances of each stick. So that was my day. CK
  • Options
    Smoking this three days out of a B&M. I am thoroughly enjoying thiis smoke, Its the robusto sixe wiht a Cameroon wrapper and Hond ran binder and wrapper. Now I will tell, I am full body Pepin style Nicarugan fan. I am a rookie, so Icant begin to pick out alll the nuaces(sp), but I get a bitter sweet bite to it that I find enjoyable, and seems to mellow out about half way through. the core taste reminds me or punch but more subtle. While only two thirds into this, I am quite convinced I must purchase a box of these immediately!!!
  • Options
    Man, it has been a busy smoking day. Started off this morning with one of my favorites, a Vigilante Maduro Robusto. Followed that up with a ITC 10th Anniversary Second, another of my favorites. Later in the afternoon, I had a 5 Vegas Gold and some Glenfiddich 12 Year with some friends. Then rounding the evening off, I had a Casa Torano. Awesome day filled with awesome smokes. Can't get much better than that.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    A Camacho 1962 Robusto.. I have not had many Camachos, but this one won me over. Nice medium bodied smoke with a pleasant woody. leather flavor, with just a hint of spice. The burn could not have been better. Great draw, Very pleasant cigar.
  • Options
    Went out and had another ITC 10th Anniversary this morning. This was another one that I had trouble understanding why it was a "second". It did have a slightly heavy vein on the wrapper leaf, nowhere near heavy enough to effect the burn however. The deal on the seconds is awesome, I really don't ever see myself buying any firsts of these, or any of the other seconds offered if they are all as goos quality as these are.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    RP fusion torpedo...um, um good. Ok, I must have a humi problem because the wrapper on this guy was falling apart in my fingers. But it still tasted awesome, lots of woody, nutty, toasty flavors...just what I love. Have to get the humi working properly and get another one, cause the wrapper issue was definitely annoying.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yesterday was a Gurkha Centurion to start with. Could not really describe a lot of the flavors but suffice it to say I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar. A very good smoke with ample flavor. Second smoke of the day I enjoyed as I sat in my open garage door and watched the lightning/thunderstorms show for about an hour. This one was a Camacho 1962 perfecto compliments I believe of bbc (Brandon). What an awsome smoke. Construction,draw and burn were top notch. I am starting to think about a box purchase (although I'm not sure where I would put them, maybe another tupperdor). I smoked that one down to the point it actually burned my fingers it was that good. Today nothing as I worked around the house and took care of errands and so forth. Sunday I'll chill, smoke 2-3 if all goes as planned. Watch some of the NFL draft ,grill steaks, hit the hot tub and I'm sure there will be some drinking involved. Cheers .....:)
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Started out with a 601 Black toro - probably in my top two or three connecicut wrappers. Next up was a Blue Label corona. Just ok, but I am liking this size smoke more and more. Finished up with an Alec Bradley Ovation(from Joz), first one for me and was a pretty good smoke
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I wonder about the La Aurora 1495 seconds ...anyone had those yet? The 1495 is an awsome smoke and I'm always keeping these on hand. Wish someone would find some 1495/1994's stashed in a warehouse somewhere and offer 'em up....well its nice to dream...
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Had a Montecristo this afternoon, then this evening I had a Carlos Torano Exodus Silver. Last night I had a fantastic cigar - Tempus by Alec Bradley. If you haven't tried it yet - don't pass it by. It's awesome.
  • Options
    Today's my birthday, so I broke out the God of Fire that I've had resting since january. It was good, but not $26 good. I'm not sure why they are so stinking expensive! I've had better smokes that are much cheaper.
  • Options
    Happy birthday Marshall.  First post...had a Padilla Signature 1932 tonight and it was good enough for me to lose my posting virginity!