Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I managed to get a 5 Vegas Classic panatela smoked before the wind shifted and started blowing the rain in on me. The rain's supposed to stop sometime after 10, though, so I'll be going out for more.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Luko:
    I haven't been overly impressed with any of the 5 vegas cigars I've tried...until tonight. Had the limitada and loved the flavors. Had some draw issues, but it was still phenomenal.
    was it the 08?
    yessir.
  • Options
    aaronjmaaronjm Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Well, I'm not smokin' anything tonight, but last night I had my first Oliva. Serie G, Torpedo. Wow. What an awesome cigar! Really creamy and flavorful. Gotta be my favorite now. But does anyone have a guess why I started feeling nauseated after the smoke? I took it down to the nub. I've done this on other cigars and had no problem. Also, I've been smoking for about 7 months, about every 10 days, and, although I ate too much at dinner, I felt fine when I lit up.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a Vigilante Maduro Toro. I smoked this one straight out of the package I got in the mail today. I know I should have waited a couple of days to let it adjust, but I couldn't help myself. Great cigar, I do prefer the Robusto, but I need to try the Toro again after I let them rest a few days.
  • Options
    burchamsburchams Posts: 31
    All I have to say is "Wow!" The 5 Vegas A is a great cigar. I loved the toasted walnut flavors with a hint of cinnamon. Bold enough to make you feel it but not so much that you needed an Ibuprofen after. Great cigar and it has moved to my #1 slot and I will order a box.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    aaronjm:
    Well, I'm not smokin' anything tonight, but last night I had my first Oliva. Serie G, Torpedo. Wow. What an awesome cigar! Really creamy and flavorful. Gotta be my favorite now. But does anyone have a guess why I started feeling nauseated after the smoke? I took it down to the nub. I've done this on other cigars and had no problem. Also, I've been smoking for about 7 months, about every 10 days, and, although I ate too much at dinner, I felt fine when I lit up.
    probably smoked it too fast or inhaled a lot of the smoke...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I started off the day with a local cigar, a Rodriguez hand rolled torpedo, a light and mild cigar to start the day. A bit later was an RP OWR maduro toro, a good cigar, nice flavors in this one. Later still was a Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversay Criollo perfecto, and awesome cigar if I do say so. Finally to finish off the night I had an Oliva Serie V churchill, I think I've found my favorite in this line, the double robusto just got edged out of the #1 spot. This cigar was great, awesome flavor with a perfect balance of strength...it had a sneaky strength too, I didn't realize it until I stood up and felt it in my stomach. I'm gonna sleep good tonight.
  • Options
    burchams:
    All I have to say is "Wow!" The 5 Vegas A is a great cigar.
    Yes, it is. And a steal. Great one to buy by the box.

I just finished a Monte White rothschilde. Excellent, as always. Trying to decide what's next. Maybe a Nording.
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Last night, I smoked a Punch from midnight until 1:30.

I love smoking at night.
  • Options
    That's practically the only time I smoke, Major. Like now. I'm having an H. Upmann Monarch tubo.
  • Options
    I'll probably light up a Rocky Patel Signature later this night. CK
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Enjoyed the hell out of an Oliva G maduro toreped 7x52 just now. Smoked it down to nothing and might of lit up another one if it wasnt 4am. Cant wait to smoke another one tomorrow. I think I like the G more than the O for some reason. The Oliva G might be the best value out there right now. I cant believe these are under 4 bucks a pop. Elaborating on an earlier poster, Ive had the Oliva G'**** my stomach very hard If I smoke um fast. One time I got very sick off one at the Tampa Humidor.I was sweating and everything. It was pretty embarassing.

I really wish I could find the V maduro. I cant find these anywhere in Tampa which is surprising.
    I guess Ill have to try one of the other V's. I just love maduro though.
  • Options
    hawaiianbass:
    I'll probably light up a Rocky Patel Signature later this night. CK
    That is one of my favorite cigars. I absolutely love Conny wrappers on medium to full bodied smokes.

Finished off the night with a Gurkha Beast. The entire 2 hours and 8 minutes did not dissapoint. Great stick if you have the time to dedicate to it.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Tonight(or this morning since i work nights) is ye olde' trusty Bolivar Losdale. I love Bolivar. Just a nice smooth flavorful cigar.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Yesterday was a three stick day for me. Started out with a Padilla Achilles robusto- draw was very loose, but a tasty cigar overall. Had a Lay Caya Natural churchill next. New variety for me, but decent enough especially at a buck. Closed out the night with a RP Fusion lancero.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I started yesterday witha Cigar.com Cameroon Robusto. Nice flavor just not a lot of it. My second cigar was a first for me. A CAO MX2 Robusto. The first thrid was ok but then the flavor really started going. This is one of those cigars that burns my nose upon exhale but it was still tasty.
  • Options
    aaronjmaaronjm Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Thanks Phobic and Gaberox for your hypotheses. It really could be that I inhaled too much of it. It's just that those Oliva Gs smell and taste so good. I will remember to take my time on it too. I just ordered a Serie V churchill. Probably going to have to carve out about 3 hours to take on that beast!
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I sat out back and enjoyed a Ccom Cuban label between the rain showers. It is another one of my favorite budget smokes, so as always was a great smoke.
  • Options
    Just finished an El Mejor Espresso. I can't say enough how much I enjoy this stick, if you haven't tried them yet, you really need to.
  • Options
    I just finished a cusano paired maduro (robusto) and it was rock solid as usual. I might say the draw was a tad loose, but that doesn't bother nearly as much as a tight draw. This is definitely a smoke I like to come back to time and again. Has never disappointed.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Nothing tonight. Anyone notice how weekend hours are shorter than weekday hours....hows that happen ?
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

Managed to fit in another three today. Started out w a Perdomo Habano Corojo robusto. This was a great smoke, expect nothing less from Perdomo. Had a Torano Virtuoso encore after - very flavorful. Finished the night w a Gurkha Centurion - one of my all-time favorites! Good day overall

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I got in about 1/2 to 2/3rds today. Had a Titan. The wrapper immediately started to crack on me and it continued. The more I smoked, the more it cracked. The wrapper seemed really thin for some reason. I've had these for 6 months minimum. Probably closer to 9. Maybe because this humi is closer to 60 degrees instead of 65 - 70. This one has a hard time staying humid. I have a jar, a tube and a pillow or two and that is as good as I can get it. It's a small 30 count. Maybe I'll reseason it soon.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    rwheelwright:
    I got in about 1/2 to 2/3rds today. Had a Titan. The wrapper immediately started to crack on me and it continued. The more I smoked, the more it cracked. The wrapper seemed really thin for some reason. I've had these for 6 months minimum. Probably closer to 9. Maybe because this humi is closer to 60 degrees instead of 65 - 70. This one has a hard time staying humid. I have a jar, a tube and a pillow or two and that is as good as I can get it. It's a small 30 count. Maybe I'll reseason it soon.

Boveda Packs Wheelie ....I just ordered some more today
  • Options
    Just finished a Gurkha Symphony. The wrapper developed a pretty gnarly crack on it about halfway through, but it didn't affect the taste too badly. Kind of a bummer, I love these sticks. Out of about 10 or so I have had, this is the first one to do this, so I am assuming it was just this stick.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I've had the Titan, and enjoyed it a lot, it just seems to take so long to fully enjoy that one. I usually have reached my enjoyment point at about an hour. I keep my humidors at 70-74 degrees and 70% humidity all the time. I like my cigars to have a slight "sponginess" to them.. Some disagree, but that is where I find the best burn and condition for myself. Maybe the cedar sleeve is restricting the ability to keep that one properly maintained,

Cracking wrapers is a sure sign that your cigars are to dry
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    hmm, never had a titan have that problem. sorry to hear about that. My humi stays around 67ish..
    Had a carlos Torano Exodus 1959, which wasn't too bad. I liked it. Next had a la aurora barel aged, again nice cigar. Then topped it off with a CAO Black VR. nice cigar, good taste.
  • Options
    burchamsburchams Posts: 31
    Had the Mural Black VR earlier and really enjoyed it. Great "quick" smoke. Ordered 10 so I can take it out on the lake. Finished the night with the Padilla 1932. It was ok. Had some burn issues and kind of bitter. Heavy on the stomach. I just got these in from the daily special last week and maybe some time in the humi will mellow them out. We'll see...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I started off early, really early with a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #1, awesome cigar and I'll be smoking many more as I've got a box of the #4's coming this week. Later on was a Perdomo Patriarch corojo torpedo, a nice smoke that I received from bass in a trade, I'd definitely smoke this one again. I just finished up with a favorite, a Padilla Signature 1948 churchill...the 1932 and 1948 keep flip-flopping for #1 Padilla, I smoke one and assert it is my favorite only to smoke the other and decide it is my favorite...can they both be #1? :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I started off early, really early with a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #1, awesome cigar and I'll be smoking many more as I've got a box of the #4's coming this week. Later on was a Perdomo Patriarch corojo torpedo, a nice smoke that I received from bass in a trade, I'd definitely smoke this one again. I just finished up with a favorite, a Padilla Signature 1948 churchill...the 1932 and 1948 keep flip-flopping for #1 Padilla, I smoke one and assert it is my favorite only to smoke the other and decide it is my favorite...can they both be #1? :)
    So you didn't smoke a beast this weekend Joseph? Am curious to hear your assessment.