Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I actually brought a RP Sun Grown to smoke today. I have a nice little trip for work today, and it offers a beautiful opportunity to smoke this Torpedo. I think this came to me from one of you fine folks that participated in the Super Bowl contest/board.
  • Options
    405bench405bench Posts: 36
    I find this true on most all good cigars but it is very noticable on the ccom label smokes.  I smoked a Red robusto yesterday and the middle was as good as it gets.  I too was not wanting to end it.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    I have had a Java Toro in my humidor for about two months now, I might have to break that puppy out tomorrow. Thanks for making me crave one Gene, lol.

Just finished a Black Pearl, thanks to Dep. Pretty good stick, very enjoyable and good flavor. Not my favorite Maduro, but I definately wouldn't be mad if I got a couple in a sampler or something.

Enjoy that Java Toro my friend, hows the wife's uncle BTW
    He's doing fine now, thanks for asking Gene.

I ended up smoking that Java after we got back from the movies last night. We saw Adventureland, and I needed something to get the bad taste out of my mouth. Wow that movie sucked. Cigar was great though, so I guess it evened out.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I had a RP Signature Toro. It was ok, but not for me.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I smoked a Cask II today. It's tasty but strong. I have a few left that I'll let age. I probably wouldn't go out and get any more though.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Had a El Rey Del Mundo Torpedo this evening. I have yet to be disapointed in a ERDM. That wonderful Hondoran tobacoey taste with superb craftsmanship, excellent burn and always a symphony of flavor. Outstanding with some rum after a nice meal ...This one had about three months on it ...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    It builds that's for sure wheelie. The cask starts out mellow but then gets a little strong. I do like them though. I thank you for sending me one!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Punch Segundo paired with fresh pears and dark chocolate. Nice.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had a Padron panatela habano this afternoon, awesome smoke, I really need to try some of the other small ring gauges. I just finished with a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet "A" that I received many months ago from Van in a pif (btw, what ever happend to him?) this was an awesome smoke, good complexity with a flavor that developed quite a bit over its 9 inch length. The "A" was a little bit on the large size for normal day to day smoking, but it was pretty exceptional, it has been in my humidor for at least 6-8 months and was well rested. mmm mmm good.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    A couple for me today. Had a CI Anniversary which was a good medium smoke. Just finished up with a CAO Black Mosaic. Another medium flavored -have had a few of these and they never disappoint
  • Options
    I had a Camacho Pre-Embargo this afternoon. Great cigar. To bad their so expensive. CK
  • Options
    bbc020:
    I actually brought a RP Sun Grown to smoke today. I have a nice little trip for work today, and it offers a beautiful opportunity to smoke this Torpedo. I think this came to me from one of you fine folks that participated in the Super Bowl contest/board.
    The sun grown was a nice smoke today. Started to unravel a bit after a short break in the wrapper, i think due to over humidification.

I'm finishing up an Oliva Special S Torpedo. First time smoking this cigar and I got a few that I picked up in a shop last week. This stick is excellent. Sweet and spicy to begin then mellows to some woody flavors. Just awesome. I'm excited to have a few of these...including the robusto tubo from Jozer.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I really like the Special S, too, bbc.

I had an RP 92, earlier, and about to start a 5 Vegas A. Playing catch-up after not having a stogie for . . . too many days.

And speaking of catching up, this forum really needs a "Mark All Read" button.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished a Black Pearl, thanks to Dep.
    Was this Johnny Dep? Better hurry up before Captain Barbosa steals the black pearl again.

I know, dumb joke. i couldn't pass up wht Black Pearl comment with Dep. "I was a young man; I couldn't resist!"
    Can't believe I missed this earlier. You know, I didn't even make the connection until I read your post. Heh.
  • Options
    On my way into work I had a Brazilian Label torpedo. Right away it reminded me of the 5 Vegas Serie A but a little sweeter. The Brazilian is like milk chocolate in taste while the Serie A is like dark chocolate (to me of course). CK
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    It builds that's for sure wheelie. The cask starts out mellow but then gets a little strong. I do like them though. I thank you for sending me one!
    You're welcome brother!
  • Options
    bbc020:
    bbc020:
    The sun grown was a nice smoke today. Started to unravel a bit after a short break in the wrapper, i think due to over humidification.

I'm finishing up an Oliva Special S Torpedo. First time smoking this cigar and I got a few that I picked up in a shop last week. This stick is excellent. Sweet and spicy to begin then mellows to some woody flavors. Just awesome. I'm excited to have a few of these...including the robusto tubo from Jozer.
    You liked the torpedo? I had a smaller one and I wasn't impressed. I haven't found them anywhere else. There is a small local B&M I need to check out that I haven't been to in a while and another one that is approx 45 minutes away. Maybe I'll have my friend check since he goes to that one often.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Well Im offically done with the CAO Brazilla. Its a shame cause I love these when Ive been lucky enough to get one with a good draw. 7 out of the 10 Ive smoked have been packed so tight I cant get any smoke. These are so good but not worth the risk of getting a bad one. Im very frusturated cause the one I just "tried" to smoke was the only stick I had time for today. Ill still smoke the MX2 torpedo from CAO but no more Brazillas. Bad mood for me now till I get to smoke tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Had a Gran Habano 3 Siglos last night. I really enjoyed this cigar. very creamy, almost a buttery profile throughout. Lots of smoke too. I forget who sent it to me, but a big thank you to them. I will be putting this on my box list for sure. (damn that's really adding up too).
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    bbc020:
    bbc020:

You liked the torpedo? I had a smaller one and I wasn't impressed. I haven't found them anywhere else. There is a small local B&M I need to check out that I haven't been to in a while and another one that is approx 45 minutes away. Maybe I'll have my friend check since he goes to that one often.
    I liked the torpedo, but then again...it's the only one I've smoked
  • Options
    Had a MX2 last night, damn those are good sticks. They are definately in my top three maduros, and probably like top ten cigars period.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Kicked off the first day of good weather with an Oliva Serie G maduro. It had pretty much the same flavor as the O, just less of it. Burn wasn't that great either.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Fantastic weather, so my first though upon waking up was "I'm going to smoke something good today." Had a Camacho Triple Maduro torpedo, which was a fantastic smoke, the ash held on for about 1 3/4" and man, it just had a ton of flavor, really did it for me.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Had a Gran Habano 3 Siglos last night. I really enjoyed this cigar. very creamy, almost a buttery profile throughout. Lots of smoke too. I forget who sent it to me, but a big thank you to them. I will be putting this on my box list for sure. (damn that's really adding up too).
    I really enjoy this one too.. I found it last year and smoked a bunce of them since. They get better with age, on the strength of the Gran Habano 3 Siglos, I bought a bunch of the G.A.R. cigars.. Haven't tried one yet, but I expect a lot from it.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Okay, what I really wanted to say was this.. Today was a La Aroma De Cuba Special Edition.. This cigar was great. Beautiful label and construction, The burn was razor perfect, nice firm ash, and a slightly lose draw( which I like ) it burned fairly quickly but was not a deterrent to the fabulos flavors this Medium-Full well , closer to full, bodied cigar delivered. Wood, sort of earthy, a slight spice at the start, that faded into a very nice consistant profile with a sort of toast, and leather lingering.. Try this one.. ( warning) Don't smoke it fast, or you will feel this one in your stomach..
  • Options
    Started the day off with a 5 Vegas Gold. It seems like I forget how much I like this cigar. Every time I smoke one, I am suprised for a second then I remember how good they are.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I really enjoy this one too.. I found it last year and smoked a bunce of them since. They get better with age, on the strength of the Gran Habano 3 Siglos, I bought a bunch of the G.A.R. cigars.. Haven't tried one yet, but I expect a lot from it.
    I've been eying those too. the 3 siglos aren't even that spendy to boot. did you pick up any butter-ness to them kas? Just trying to nail down what the darn flavors are..
  • Options
    betasynn:
    Fantastic weather, so my first though upon waking up was "I'm going to smoke something good today." Had a Camacho Triple Maduro torpedo, which was a fantastic smoke, the ash held on for about 1 3/4" and man, it just had a ton of flavor, really did it for me.
    Oh yeah! They are good. Especially with some resting time. I had a couple with about 6 months on them in about 67 RH. very good. I had one right when I got my box, and it was good but a little harsh at some points.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Sat out back this evening and enjoyed a Gurkha Blue Steel Perfecto and finished up a book I've been reading. Great smoke only issue was having to touch up the burn a couple times.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Had a disappointing Gurkha Beast tonight. The first I kept noticing was a lack of finish, and not much maduro-y goodness. To me the second half was the most flavorful and even then, not much there. Honestly, it wasn't terrible, it was just borning as hell.