Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Puro, very lucky. That sounds like fun. I'm going to smoke my CAO America today, in seven hours.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    Well I didn't have anything over the weekend so tonight I get to make up for it at the Rocky Patel event at my local shop. I'm pretty excited about this one. Get to go smoke and hang out with Rocky himself and get some great deals on smokes!!! Should be a good night and I'll post tomorrow on how it went and post some pics pretty soon.

Should be a great time Puro, I've never met RP but that would have to be a blast...look forward to some pics bro ...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Nothing for me yesterday even though I REALLY wanted to. Today I am slumming. I took a Garcia Vega that I got from a friend and am smoking it. It smells a lot like pipe tobacco. The taste, well is ehh ok but the smell is great.

I ordered that Centurian deal today. Got 2 of them plus the checkout deal which is a 601, 5 Vegas Miami, DPG, etc... Also got myself 2 each size of the Nub Maduro, 2 samplers of the ccom Brazilian and 1 of the Cameroon. So, approx 31 cigars for $124.00. I didn't get my 10% discount so I have to email them but still, a great deal. All that's left for me is a box of Don Carlos #2s.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    damn, I had to bite too.... 10 more cents for me, yay
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Nothing for me yesterday even though I REALLY wanted to. Today I am slumming. I took a Garcia Vega that I got from a friend and am smoking it. It smells a lot like pipe tobacco. The taste, well is ehh ok but the smell is great.

I ordered that Centurian deal today. Got 2 of them plus the checkout deal which is a 601, 5 Vegas Miami, DPG, etc... Also got myself 2 each size of the Nub Maduro, 2 samplers of the ccom Brazilian and 1 of the Cameroon. So, approx 31 cigars for $124.00. I didn't get my 10% discount so I have to email them but still, a great deal. All that's left for me is a box of Don Carlos #2s.

Picked up 6 Don Carlos last week in different sizes , #2,#3,#4,Dbl Robusto,Presidente,Belicoso and I love these babies
  • Options
    Wheelie you got a cabinet humi ?
  • Options
    gmill880:
    No, but I sure as hell need one! it would be much easier if I had one. Instead, I have 8 humis, 4 tupperdors and 20+ bags. When I get a house I plan on getting a big cabinet but I need to get the house first. After this Don Carlos buy, when ever it is I am putting most of my cigar buying on hold. I need my own place badly.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

Picked up 6 Don Carlos last week in different sizes , #2,#3,#4,Dbl Robusto,Presidente,Belicoso and I love these babies
    I had a Belicoso but I lost it. Don't know where it went. I need to try some other sizes. I really like the #2 so that's why I haven't gotten any other sizes.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

I had a Belicoso but I lost it. Don't know where it went. I need to try some other sizes. I really like the #2 so that's why I haven't gotten any other sizes.

Yeah I love the #2and the Dbl Robusto but theres none I don't like
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    No, but I sure as hell need one! it would be much easier if I had one. Instead, I have 8 humis, 4 tupperdors and 20+ bags. When I get a house I plan on getting a big cabinet but I need to get the house first. After this Don Carlos buy, when ever it is I am putting most of my cigar buying on hold. I need my own place badly.
    well hey, I'm always willing to help you thin your stock.... =)
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Well, I had my CAO America today. I was pretty unimpressed, the rolling wasn't done too well, which I can sort of understand since it's wrapped with two different leafs. The draw was very woody, and with a bit of spice. A lit the cigar up, and it burned pretty well. I'd made the mistake of torching it a little to quickly, so I let it burn for a bit. The initial draw was very woody, but that soon mellowed out to a smooth, cream/wood cigar. It was actually a pretty boring smoke, up until the last third. The last third literally exploded with flavor, lots of wood, a dull spice in the back, with notes of coffee. Really GREAT last third. I plan on buying a few more and seeing if letting them sit more will even it out. Will this work?
  • Options
    405bench405bench Posts: 36
    Today is my 50th birthday so I'm smoking a AF Hemingway classic maduro
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    405bench:
    Nice pull and a happy 50th birthday to you!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a Rocky Patel R4 this morning. Pretty good smoke, I definately wouldn't turn one down if someone offered it to me.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Finishing up a La Aurora Barrel Aged Robusto as I type. Stick was a pretty good with an impeccable burn and solid white-grey ash. Somewhat sweet throughout with only a touch of spice. Only medium in body with that was earthy and sweet as well. I have another one that will rest a little longer, but a decent smoke for a cool, wet afternoon here.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    405bench:
    Well, Happy birthday to the new guy 405bench.. hope it is a good one.
  • Options
    Just finished a Gurkha Symphony, excellent smoke as usual.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished a Gurkha Symphony, excellent smoke as usual.
    ..mmm that's a good one.. I had a good one too.. Nording.. as the alien said.."excellent smoke as usual"
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    kaspera79:
    405bench:
    Well, Happy birthday to the new guy 405bench.. hope it is a good one.
    Here is to another 50!! Great stick on a great day. Just finished my first Brazilian Label. The first inch I was a little boring. In the middle it really picked up. By the end, I was almost smoking my fingers because I didn't want to put it down. I am just more and more impressed with the house brand. I can see myself having all of these in stock year round.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Camacho 1962 Pre-embargo for me today. This is my favorite Camacho cigar, such a wonderful flavor and damn near perfectly executed. I ought to look into getting a box before they are impossible to find.
  • Options
    Happy 50th!
    I had a few today
    RP conni, mild smoke, pretty good. I almost nubbed it. I like the 5 vegas gold and gurkha turk a little more but it's a good cigar
    I had a DPG series JJ, nice cigar I liked it but I cut too much off the cap and the damn thing unraveled on me. made it very poor to smoke.
    CAO Brazilla was next, now this is the first brazilian I have enjoyed but the wrapper started to peel and crack near the foot (probably due to not enough resting time from a higher RH- just got it)
    Then to top things off I had a gurkha sherpa, wow a great cigar. I really liked this one. I may pick up a box... eh someday.

I'll have to have another Brazilia to make a final judgement but overall I enjoyed it. The CAO Italia I had yesterday was enjoyable too. So possible two more CAO's I really enjoy.
  • Options
    Only had time for one smoke today so I made it an old favorite a Java Maduro Toro. Excellent const., great draw and burn flawless....and that wonderful Java flavor. Work became a pain as most of my guys decided they had forgotten how to do their jobs and spent most of the day hamster dancing and acting all goofy.....what DO they bring in those thermos'es ...
  • Options
    Had a Gurkha Signature 1887 Black tonight. It started out ok but the burn was off. In the end, it was just bitter and I really did not enjoy it. I find myself not liking as many maduros anymore. The ccom brazilian is a big exception to that. There are others I like but recently I have not been impressed with the ones I have been smoking.
  • Options
    I have had a Java Toro in my humidor for about two months now, I might have to break that puppy out tomorrow. Thanks for making me crave one Gene, lol.

Just finished a Black Pearl, thanks to Dep. Pretty good stick, very enjoyable and good flavor. Not my favorite Maduro, but I definately wouldn't be mad if I got a couple in a sampler or something.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I have had a Java Toro in my humidor for about two months now, I might have to break that puppy out tomorrow. Thanks for making me crave one Gene, lol.

Just finished a Black Pearl, thanks to Dep. Pretty good stick, very enjoyable and good flavor. Not my favorite Maduro, but I definately wouldn't be mad if I got a couple in a sampler or something.

Enjoy that Java Toro my friend, hows the wife's uncle BTW
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today i had an oliva master blends III

it was good for a Nicaraguan. Im finding that most of the nicaraguans i like are from the Oliva family. I wonder what they are doing differently than say, Rocky Patel, to make their cigars more to what i like.
  • Options
    After a very rough night I lit up a ccom Purple Label. Nice cigar. CK
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a cigar i got at a small boutique in Reno called Hatuey. It's their maduro torpedo. Very good smoke! Smooth, sweet, very cedary. They cultivate, grow, blend and roll all of their own stuff. I got a few others, if those are good i'll go back and bomb some out to some lucky folks.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished a Black Pearl, thanks to Dep.
    Was this Johnny Dep? Better hurry up before Captain Barbosa steals the black pearl again.

I know, dumb joke. i couldn't pass up wht Black Pearl comment with Dep. "I was a young man; I couldn't resist!"
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night I had an RP Sun Grown at the RP event and it was as always a great smoke. It has been a long time since I have smoked one of these and it was great! Even better than I remembered. I'm going to have to pick up a few more of these to keep in the Humi!