Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    Nice mild evening out west. Hopefully the third time is the charm on these. So far, so good.

Third time is a charm! No plugs, huge stems, and no burn problems. Nice open draw, burning great, and tasting great. Consistent full flavor with a nice dose of creamy smoke. The base flavors intermingle well. I'd definitely pick up some more of these at the right sale price. Very enjoyable.

**No sooner than I typed that it started to tunnel on me and required a relight. Lol. Unbelievable. Oh well. I'll smoke the rest of them as best I can and move on. Three strikes is enough for me. A cigar should be relaxing. I hate having to fight, baby, or coax it. Not the first Drew Estates blend that I've had issues with. Seem to be hit or miss; for me anyway.

One of my favorite aged cigars. Tons and tons of smoke. I went for the Corona Viva¡ in the early 2010s and will revisit soon. I’ve seen minimal flavor loss with this line as well. Sorry you’re experiencing issues could be the larger ring..... what’s that 54RG+ ?

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    Nice mild evening out west. Hopefully the third time is the charm on these. So far, so good.

Third time is a charm! No plugs, huge stems, and no burn problems. Nice open draw, burning great, and tasting great. Consistent full flavor with a nice dose of creamy smoke. The base flavors intermingle well. I'd definitely pick up some more of these at the right sale price. Very enjoyable.

**No sooner than I typed that it started to tunnel on me and required a relight. Lol. Unbelievable. Oh well. I'll smoke the rest of them as best I can and move on. Three strikes is enough for me. A cigar should be relaxing. I hate having to fight, baby, or coax it. Not the first Drew Estates blend that I've had issues with. Seem to be hit or miss; for me anyway.

One of my favorite aged cigars. Tons and tons of smoke. I went for the Corona Viva¡ in the early 2010s and will revisit soon. I’ve seen minimal flavor loss with this line as well. Sorry you’re experiencing issues could be the larger ring..... what’s that 54RG+ ?

Robusto 5x54

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

Robusto 5x54

The Viva¡ is 5 5/8 x 46 and I’ve had zero issues with this vitola. I picked up 15 of them years ago and loved them then and aged. I am going to pick up a few new ones for a comparison of sorts.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

Been a little while since I've had one of these. Thanks, Taylor @TheKraken .

Hope you enjoy Shawn! One of my go-tos

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:

That sucks man. I only go for the toro I believe 6x50 and have been fortunate to not have any issues thus far

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

Robusto 5x54

The Viva¡ is 5 5/8 x 46 and I’ve had zero issues with this vitola. I picked up 15 of them years ago and loved them then and aged. I am going to pick up a few new ones for a comparison of sorts.

Date these went into my humidor was 7/10/18. Not sure how many I had as I wasn't recording the quantity before (just started that in 2020 since I went a bit crazy on the buying, well over 800 😳 in the last 6 months of 2020 looking at my lists) but I'm pretty sure I have less than a 5 pack left.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:
    Was cold but the wife and I decided to do a quick fire tonight before the weather comes back around.

We dont need to worry about being to cold, but the wife joins me sometimes also. Usually a gas fire a couple cigars and an adult beverage. Enjoy

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:
    Opening night for the Red Wings.

Red wings huh? I’m on a hunt for those boondocks

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:
    Preds, cigars and vherf. A good night.

I like it, I love it