Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    TexasToastTexasToast Posts: 37 ✭✭

Serie V Melanio... I’m i the only one who doesn’t much care for the oliva v’s?

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Underrated ↑

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@TexasToast said:
    Serie V Melanio... I’m i the only one who doesn’t much care for the oliva v’s?

Probably not, but I enjoy them. What's your go-to?

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank my go to would probably be the e.p Carrillo la historia. Other than that the black market Estelis are pretty good and if I want a lighter stick with a lot of flavor it would probably be the MF Connecticut

• Options

@VegasFrank shoot you’re telling me. I’ll definitely give it a shot! Thanks

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TexasToast said:
    @VegasFrank shoot you’re telling me. I’ll definitely give it a shot! Thanks

Missed a great dry beg opportunity.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:
    Really liked the maduro, now let's see what this Habano is all about

Those were a top notch smoke when Don JPG was involved and they were rolled in Miami and then My Father factory. They're still good just not what they once were. Mi Barrio is the same story.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    Didn't really like the first one of these I smoked a whileback, it was ok but didn't really wow me. Trying again after some rest.

I agree. I had one from this year and it was strong, bordering on harsh. Had one sent to me from Shiz in 2014 and it was outstanding!

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    Didn't really like the first one of these I smoked a whileback, it was ok but didn't really wow me. Trying again after some rest.

I agree. I had one from this year and it was strong, bordering on harsh. Had one sent to me from Shiz in 2014 and it was outstanding!

Yup, similar. I'm thinking mine were wet. Got the harsh over the top wood and what I would describe as a acidic ash flavor that was underlying. Happy to report that this one is much better. Much smoother, balanced, and quite tasty.

It's not my favorite profile but it's good for what it was trying to accomplish. The dry barrel aged wood flavor comes through dominant but overshadows the richer tobacco notes that are easily missed with full large draws or overpuffing.

I'm more of a chocolate, coca, coffee, leather profile seeker but this delivers for its intended aim. I just find the wood notes a touch too much but the underlying notes are tasty. Probably won't buy more but will enjoy the ones I have left.

That said, this would be fantastic with a single malt or a nice Bourbon. It would stand up nicely and be complimentary to be sure.

• Options

@TruDog said:
    ...I woke Up this morning looked tin he mirror and said "damn Dog yo Bad Mo Fo.
    , Im smoking a Tat Tattoo...Hi FranKy.

That wasn't a mirror, that was a picture of me. Hi doGGy!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

Yup, similar. I'm thinking mine were wet. Got the harsh over the top wood and what I would describe as a acidic ash flavor that was underlying. Happy to report that this one is much better. Much smoother, balanced, and quite tasty.

It's not my favorite profile but it's good for what it was trying to accomplish. The dry barrel aged wood flavor comes through dominant but overshadows the richer tobacco notes that are easily missed with full large draws or overpuffing.

I'm more of a chocolate, coca, coffee, leather profile seeker but this delivers for its intended aim. I just find the wood notes a touch too much but the underlying notes are tasty. Probably won't buy more but will enjoy the ones I have left.

That said, this would be fantastic with a single malt or a nice Bourbon. It would stand up nicely and be complimentary to be sure.

I got some of the Nicaraguan barrel aged also. Not impressed with either

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@TruDog said:
    ...I woke Up this morning looked tin he mirror and said "damn Dog yo Bad Mo Fo.
    , Im smoking a Tat Tattoo...Hi FranKy.

That wasn't a mirror, that was a picture of me. Hi doGGy!

....and damn yo at the Amusement Park too...Pour'N.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@TheKraken said:
    Really liked the maduro, now let's see what this Habano is all about

Those were a top notch smoke when Don JPG was involved and they were rolled in Miami and then My Father factory. They're still good just not what they once were. Mi Barrio is the same story.

Wasn't very impressed with this, maybe needs some more rest. Loved the maduro though