Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I pulled out a regular stick to smoke, but then figured there's a 0.0001 percent chance that I die tomorrow on the operating table, so if I do, I'd be mad that my last smoke wasn't a padron....

Ok Kyle Shanahan.

• CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:
    Just spent a week in South Dakota doing the tourist thing. Didn't take cigar photos, but while there smoked a Lot 23 from the first box the wife got me, and a Partigas from a few years ago. Went to two nearby cigar shops and both were closed.

The ones by me in Sioux Falls are all open

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

The one in Sturgis along with almost everything else was closed and the one close to Boxelder was also.
    If I would have known you lived there, would have given a holler.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

@Diver43 said:
    The one in Sturgis along with almost everything else was closed and the one close to Boxelder was also.
    If I would have known you lived there, would have given a holler.

Even deadwood tobacco company too?

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just googled cigars near me, everything closed so early and many things not open for the season yet. But I crossed a few things off my bucket list.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:
    Draw tight as hell. Can a tight draw be a byproduct of a cigar having too much moisture? I’ve been having high humidity issues lately

With that V-cut I wouldn’t think high humidity could affect it that much. I can maybe see it with a small gauge punch.

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

@Cam_91 said:
    Draw tight as hell. Can a tight draw be a byproduct of a cigar having too much moisture? I’ve been having high humidity issues lately

With that V-cut I wouldn’t think high humidity could affect it that much. I can maybe see it with a small gauge punch.

I even cross cut it because it was so tight. Made no difference. Also let this one sit out for about an hour

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

@Cam_91 said:

Yes, that's usually the number one culprit, although some will say construction is the number one culprit.

Those circas aren't tight, so I would guess it's a one off construction problem or high humidity.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah pretty sure it’s that then. I’m in the middle of fixing the humidity. Just got it right the other day, so it’ll be a bit of time before I can smoke straight out the cooler

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent looking Humi CD1.

@TruDog said:

Excellent looking Humi CD1.

Thank you few of the 11 I have