Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat

@Hobbes86 said:
    "A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls."

Proverbs 25:28

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

J

• VisionVision Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    J

K

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Smoking a bodyguard from @EgoBoundary's unbanded shorty tasting, Emilio LJZ. Very nice, TYVM Ernest.

Enjoy!

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me the Camacho huge band is off-putting. I used to smoke more of them before they made that marketing move. At least, that's what I assume it is. I think my problem with it is that I fear removing the band, as I'm convinced it will probably damage the wrapper.

It hasn't actually happened yet, on the ones I've smoked, but who ever said that fear would be rational?

Well, maybe @VegasFrank said it, but, what the hell? He's a well known contrarian anyway. Or, maybe he didn't, I'm a well known pot-stirrer, so, there's that.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

It wasn’t only a marketing move. The bands changed when the Eiroa family sold the brand to Davidoff. They’re a completely different cigar but still good. I do agree about the enormous bands; however, I’ve yet to have one damage a wrapper.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bigger bands seem to be easier to put on without gluing it to the wrapper and seem to come off easier.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    For me the Camacho huge band is off-putting. I used to smoke more of them before they made that marketing move. At least, that's what I assume it is. I think my problem with it is that I fear removing the band, as I'm convinced it will probably damage the wrapper.

It hasn't actually happened yet, on the ones I've smoked, but who ever said that fear would be rational?

Well, maybe @VegasFrank said it, but, what the hell? He's a well known contrarian anyway. Or, maybe he didn't, I'm a well known pot-stirrer, so, there's that.

I actually said that all fear is irrational LOL, and you're more than welcome to fear! 😁

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • MountainSmokeMountainSmoke Posts: 108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Looks a little more like a Camacho

Lol yep my bad🤣