Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    sunny and 75. it doesnt get much better than that.

a gurkha regent, a book, and some tea on the porch seems like a good afternoon to me.
    So Jealous right now!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Sitting back, relaxing before work, and enjoying (immensely) a Padilla Hybrid. Good stick.
  • Options
    Just went for a walk and had a ccom Brazilian robusto. Nice little stick.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    rwheelwright:

Inever could getbehind the ccom brazillian ...had a couple and not my cup of tea but now I love me some cuban labels
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

Inever could getbehind the ccom brazillian ...had a couple and not my cup of tea but now I love me some cuban labels
    I have some of the Brazilian's in the Torpedo's, but I prefer the Corona's in this stick as it seems very consistent and flavorful, more then the Torpedo's have been, that's for sure. These are good, but the Corona's are the best IMO.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

I am the opposite. I like the brazilian but am not a fan of the cuban unless it has some serious age to it.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I had a Camacho SLR. Down to the nub good...SLR...the old red label one, had some time one, it was delicious. I found a nice little shop to smoke at here in Maryland and dude gives me another Camacho for free. I'll be going back in the week.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    thats a great smoke right there.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    thats a great smoke right there.
    yes it is, first one i had...may have to take some home with me. the one he gave me was the 10th anny maddy which is good too. i like checking out new shops.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    alienmisprint:
    Had a Nording Torpedo earlier today that I have had for a little more than a month. It was pretty good, but I do prefer the Robusto. I am sure they will just get better with age. For my evening smoke, I went with a 777, this one wasn't as good as I remember the other one being, but it was still very enjoyable.

I had a Nording the other day that i had let rest for a good while...makes me wish a had bought a box and let em rest a good while...damn fine smoke with some age.

Today was a good day! Started with a Grayclif 1666, i wont touch these until i've had em 8 months atleast, it reallly pays of. Later was a Padilla Miami, outstanding as always(in my top 3) and finally a Onyx Vintage 97 which alien bombed me with a long time ago, this thing was really good. Very woodsy and balanced. Wish i knew where to find em.
    I agree 100% that the Nordings are much better with age. I bought the box of Torpedos strictly for aging purposes, but I just felt like smoking one the other day. And you have a PM about the Onyxs.

I had a J. Fuego Natural Torpedo earlier, damn it was a good smoke. I picked it up at the B&M in Lake Charles. The guy asked me what my favorite smokes were, when I said the Defiance, he immediately walked over and picked up this stick. He was not wrong, it is very similar, but very good. I want to get a box now, lol.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i finished off yesterday with a 5 vegas series A with 18 months on it.
    it aged well

• Options
    Had a Oliva Series V Maduro last night. This cigar did not burn well and it felt too moist. The taste was ok. I have had in my smoking humidor for about a week now which is around 67 - 68%. I'm not seeing the big deal with these. I like the regular Series V better. Maybe with some more age they will get better though.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'll unload your other V's.... Maybe even trade for them..
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i finished off yesterday with a 5 vegas series A with 18 months on it.
    it aged well

basstard...

I had a Gurkha Park Avenue at the same shop today. Nice light smoke, good flavor. Grassy, lemony and light pepper. Good to Go.
  • Options
    Had an Oliva O Natural mini-perfecto earlier today. It was good, but not quite as good as the toro or robusto. I just finished up an Indepencia Torpedo, great smoke for the money.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    My first two smoke day since my May shut down ... Enjoyed a Nub Connie first ...very smooth , good smoke and flavor. Next was a R&J Reserve Maduro ... man those are an awsome smoke ...thouroughly enjoyed the smokes today ...
  • Options
    I am enjoying a la herencia cubana toro on a very mild enjoyable summer night tonight with a light white rum and coke. This turned out to be a nice pairing as both are very light in body and not overpowering each other. The toro is mild and haylike the first half turning more cedary the second, so far. I like all forms of cigars from mild to full bodied. Also depends on weather situations and i think i got this 100% right tonight. This cigar justs lets you be and you dont have to think about it but at same time you enjoy it. This came in a sampler pack and my 2nd 1 has a crack about a half inch by the band so kinda disappointed now. O well, will look for this when time comes. Also i believe i have tasted this cigar in another mild cigar but cant put finger on it but no problem i know this cigar atleast.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    My first two smoke day since my May shut down ... Enjoyed a Nub Connie first ...very smooth , good smoke and flavor. Next was a R&J Reserve Maduro ... man those are an awsome smoke ...thouroughly enjoyed the smokes today ...
    I really dig the Reserve Maduros too, about the only RyJ I like.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I haven't really smoked much this week because I was up on the river with my wife and kid, but I was able to enjoy a nice La Aurora Maduro Robusto while walking the river and smoked a Sol Cubano Cuban Cab around a camp fire. Last night for my first night back home before returning to work I had a La Aurora Cameroon that was pretty tastey!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'll unload your other V's.... Maybe even trade for them..
    You know, I thought about that but I would want to keep some too to see how they age. I did get two boxes. My friend was busting my balls the other night telling me to sell some cigars since I am trying to buy a house. I have soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many.
  • Options
    Had an Intenso last night. No where near as bad as I thought it was going to be. By bad, I mean strong. My friend smokes them cause he loves strong cigars and says he feels stoned after having one. This one is from the ccom cotm march shipment so it had about 4 months on it. Good thing I got another 10!
  • Options
    Had a Gurkha Grand Age today. Strange...the wrapper tasted sweet right at first then it got into this chemical taste for a while. The burn was fine, the flavor was light...it seemed muted my the wrapper funk flavor. Not sure what the deal was...should have picked the Perdomo in my other hand. Oh well.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Started today with an LFD DL chisel maduro. What a beast of a killer smoke. Might be my favorite right now just ahead of the 601 maduro and the decade. Made sure to eat plenty before smoking this one. Last time I had the regular LFD DL chisel I hadnt eaten much at all and had been drinking fairly heavily. Sad to say I lost my lunch half way through that one.

Followed it up with an Estaban Carrera habano maddy. Decent smoke but just couldnt get into it after the flavor explosion from the La Flor. Shoulda smoked em in reverse order. Oh well, my Pepin delectable dozen sampler comes in tomorrow. Cant wait to try the J.J. maduro.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Gaberox, those LFD's are pretty nice. I've been smoking cigars for awhile and that one definitely should come with a warning label.. Way to tough it out, toss lunch and light up another cigar. YOU 'da man.. You should like the Pepin too.. The Pepin Cuban Clasic is one of my favorites as well.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey Gaberox, those LFD's are pretty nice. I've been smoking cigars for awhile and that one definitely should come with a warning label.. Way to tough it out, toss lunch and light up another cigar. YOU 'da man.. You should like the Pepin too.. The Pepin Cuban Clasic is one of my favorites as well.

Actually it was a few weeks ago I puked from the LFD with the regular wrapper. I had an empty stomach except for several beers that day. I was good to go today with the maduro. I think I like maduro better but will have to try bothe again.

Yeah Ive had the classic and blue label and like those both. Havent had the jjs or the 5 vegas Miami or the CI legends which were also included. Im digging Pepins blends like I said earlier I really like the 601 maddy.
  • Options
    jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    Had a classic padron 3000 tonight. My second padron, nice consistent flavor or nutty,floral sweetness and slight spicyness here and there throughout the cigar, the smell of the foot of this cigar prior to lighting was amazing, self correcting burn as well. Considering buying a box.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    kaspera79:

Actually it was a few weeks ago I puked from the LFD with the regular wrapper. I had an empty stomach except for several beers that day. I was good to go today with the maduro. I think I like maduro better but will have to try bothe again.

Yeah Ive had the classic and blue label and like those both. Havent had the jjs or the 5 vegas Miami or the CI legends which were also included. Im digging Pepins blends like I said earlier I really like the 601 maddy.
    This is why I will let the Chisel I have rest for a while in my humi...came close to blowing chunks on a Casa Magna a few weeks ago. Not a good feeling.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Perdomo Reserve 10th Maduro. One of my current faves... and also today's Daily Deal. Think I'll be stocking up again.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Had a fantastic Rocky Patel Decade. The toro size is MUCH better then the lancero.
  • Options
    Bad Andy:
    gaberox:
    kaspera79:

This is why I will let the Chisel I have rest for a while in my humi...came close to blowing chunks on a Casa Magna a few weeks ago. Not a good feeling.

Yeah it really isnt any fun. I got cold sweats ran to the toilet and bam. Luckily I had no food in me so it was all beer ha ha. As long as you relax with them and eat enough youll be fine. They are well worth it.