Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Good for you brother!

By the way, why does that TV say "erotic" on it? 🤔

It’s just the bars gambling s h it lmfao 😂

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

Your thoughts?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like them, but unless the price comes way down, when my 10-pack is done I don't see going back for more. I was on a Zoom call w/ Tim Ozgener, whose 'person' and story impressed me, so I wanted to try them. I'll call it a solid "B-" and think everyone should have it on their to-try list.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Was that Bosporus made at Tabacalera Pichardo or Tabacalera La Alianza, the factory owned by E.P. Carrillo? The production of this cigar has moved and the blend will be changed including changing from an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper to a Ecuadorian Habana 2000 wrapper. I'd be interested to hear if you smoked the old one or the new one, if you know. The old blend may still be on shelves, as far as I know.

https://halfwheel.com/ozgener-moves-production-of-bosphorus-to-tabacalera-la-alianza/415550/

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

These were purchased long before the Pichardo/CH dust-up, so they have to be the original. I haven't seen the new ones and wonder if they changed the bands on them.

Along those lines, the bands on the CH La Patissier changed from that foot band to a regular white-ish band, and it makes me wonder if CH changed the blend when they moved to another factory.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

The packaging on the La Patissier was changed before the split so they’ll be the same for awhile. After those sell through the blend will be different.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

This article talks about the move of the Le Patissier and even shows the new bands. The article says that the blend and tobaccos will not change, but the change in factories may change processing methods and lots of tobacco which could result in a difference in taste.

https://halfwheel.com/crowned-heads-moving-le-patissier-production-to-nasca/414826/

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

The tobaccos have to change. They’re from different farms. I guess we’ll have to get some of each and try them side by side.