Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good, isn't it?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not tonight, but last night, I wasn't quite ready for bed, but didn't want to light up another hour and a half stick, so I grabbed an Arturo Fuente petite corona, 5x38. Is it common for a small ring guage like that to get tarry if smoked too fast? About halfway, it got really bad tasting, with tar at the head. First time that happened to me.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:
    Not tonight, but last night, I wasn't quite ready for bed, but didn't want to light up another hour and a half stick, so I grabbed an Arturo Fuente petite corona, 5x38. Is it common for a small ring guage like that to get tarry if smoked too fast? About halfway, it got really bad tasting, with tar at the head. First time that happened to me.

I don't know if that happens with just small cigars, it just happens from time to time. Purging may help but cutting the tarry head off the cigar usually does the trick.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I was going to smoke a Bishop's Blend '22 to continue the series, but opted for the '24 robusto because I don't have the time for the Corona Gorda tonight.

That 2024 Bishops Blend Robusto tasted great. Glad I went with the smaller vitola because I had to cut out and pick up dinner during the last third.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Al_K_LloydAl_K_Lloyd Posts: 48 ✭✭

Watching Olampiques and sipping at a Fuente Cubanitos. Punchy little stick.

There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge.

Hunter S. Thompson