Comments

• Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    CAO Black, one of my top 5 faves.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    docedwards:

I tried a CAO Black, and it had such a tight draw, bitter taste and horrible ash. I was very dissapointed

Yesterday was a Perdomo ESV Vintage 1991 and today was a Perdomo Lot 23. Both were excellent

• Options
    Smoking a Graycliff 1666 tonight.  What a fine cigar.  On the CAOs, so far I've tried the American, Brazilian & Italian.  Meh.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I'm smoking a Comacho Coyolar Puro Rothschild. Picked it up last year at Kuzipalooza 08. The year has done this well. It is one fine smoke.
  • Options
    i started with a nub cameroon today. This is my favorite nub after the maduro. Rightnow im having a 5 Vegas classic churchill. And im gonna finish the night with either a Gurkah Triple ligero or an RP edge maduro.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoking a Gran Habano 3 Siglos that I got from Joe. Nice flavor and draw and a decent burn. It's good but I like the Torpedo better. But still good!
  • Options
    RobRutkowski:
    Smoking a Graycliff 1666 tonight.  What a fine cigar.  On the CAOs, so far I've tried the American, Brazilian & Italian.  Meh.

This might be my first 2 cigar day in quite a while....now that you mention the Graycliff 1666! I really like that one and have an entire Graycliff Humidor full of them! :)

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Park Ave 44.. Mild woody grassy, also a hint of licorice (?). Tight draw which I expected since I could feel the knot in the middle, but still got a ton of enjoyment from this blond beauty.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    camgfs:
    docedwards:

I tried a CAO Black, and it had such a tight draw, bitter taste and horrible ash. I was very dissapointed

Yesterday was a Perdomo ESV Vintage 1991 and today was a Perdomo Lot 23. Both were excellent

The Perdomo ESV 91 is one of my all time favorite smokes.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    docedwards:
    Have you had the VR? I enjoy the black but the VR is one of my favorite cigars from CAO.
    nothing for me tonight or yesterday. I have a 10 day (15 day if your count weekends) off work so I'm planning on smoking some serious plant! hehe.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    PuroFreak:
    Hugemoose:
    I am jealous. I haven't had anything in a while......it is getting sad.

Between work and other things to do I am running out of time. Plus working second shift is making it difficult to smoke and not see 3 or 4am (which I don't often want to do). The last stick I had was a Gurkha Centurian and I wasn't that impressed. It didn't fit my flavor profile and just wasn't for me. I may feel a trade coming on for the 10 more that I have.....
    Well if you do feel a trade for those coming on let me know. My smoking buddy is a HUGE fan on them and would probably be up for a swap.
    I will keep that in mind; thanks Puro.

Sadly, I didn't enjoy anything again tonight.....now I am sick among everything else. I missed work today and have spent much to much time in the bathroom. Some nasty gastrointestinal virus. The worst part is I am a QC tech at a food company so I really can't be spreading anything around. Just in time for the holidays.....
  • Options
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. A good slow burning long smoke.

• Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    vintage '90 is a good one. stay on the mild side mostly, like the nub ct and rocky ct
  • Options
    docedwards:
    vintage '90 is a good one. stay on the mild side mostly, like the nub ct and rocky ct
    best of RP! though the summer 09 blend is good.
  • Options
    No smokey for me tonight. The truck is back in the shop again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Right in the middle of a 5 Vegas Triple A, and I gotta say, Alex wasn't bullsh1tting. I don't know if it is my absolute favorite 5 Vegas, but it is definately a close second to the Cask Strength II. I am smoking this one straight out of the box though, so maybe with a little rest they will be even better. I never smoke straight out of th ebox either, but I was having a pretty crappy day and I have been wanting to try these ever since I first saw something about them like two months ago.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started off the day with a Ccom Cameroon label churchill. I've enjoyed these previously, and this one had between 18-20 months on it, and man what a difference, it was great...I think Capt was on to something when he said these age well if 18 months can make that much difference...if I wasn't strapped for storage I'd buy a box and leave it alone for a couple years. Later was a CAO Black churchill, I didn't hate it...I'm quick to dislike CAO products, and a previous experience with the Black didn't help change that, but this one was pleasant, tight draw though. To cap off the day I had a Tatuaje Cojonu 2006, I liked it much more than the 2003, which I do like, but this one had so much more flavor, even if it didn't develop as much over the duration.
  • Options

Started the day as I do most days:

Rock P Autumn 2008 with my morning coffee, I highly recommend this combo, they were made for each other

CAO Brazillia...Stopped by the local B&M to find something new and the owner suggested it.  I'd never had one.  I have to say there will be many more of these in my future.  What a great little smoke!  I had the Go which is basically a Robusto size 50x56 and it was full of flavor with just the right punch.  Loved it.

La Flor Dominica Double Ligero...This will be the one I close the day with.  This is my first one.  I'll report back on it's performance.

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    had a 5Vegas Miami. not really sure how I feel about this stick. starts out a little imbalanced with a very loose draw. the middle is pretty good but not mindboggling. I'm saving my last one of these for at least this summer to see if that helps.
  • Options
    Had 2 fuentes.... Both were from the holiday collection last year, one was the hemmingway and the other was the double chateau. Both were bland and well to put it likely, crap. The hemmingway wasn't up my alley at all and the chateau wasn't bad but just not what I would expect from the makers of the opus X, anejo, and the BTL, and WOA maduro. Makes me really hesitant to try anything else from them. Though i did like the King B or T whatever it is.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Had 2 fuentes.... Both were from the holiday collection last year, one was the hemmingway and the other was the double chateau. Both were bland and well to put it likely, crap. The hemmingway wasn't up my alley at all and the chateau wasn't bad but just not what I would expect from the makers of the opus X, anejo, and the BTL, and WOA maduro. Makes me really hesitant to try anything else from them. Though i did like the King B or T whatever it is.
    I never liked the Chateau. Fuente uses a Connie wrapper on the Chateau and double chateau. I like fuente but hate those two cigars. What size Hemingway did you have? I like the signature. Not too big or too small.
  • Options
    Interesting, I seem to like a lot of conni wrappers but not this one. Not sure probably the signature, sort of long maybe 7 inches or so.
  • Options
    The sig is 6 X 47 and the classic is 7 x 48. I don't like a lot of connie wrappers and this one I can not stand. They are the reason I started hating connie wrapped cigars to begin with.
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    Smoked a Graycliff 1666 and a 5 Vegas Series 'A'
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'm really not a fan of Fuentes either. I don't really care for the Opus X or Anejo, about the only Fuente product I do like is the Don Carlos, which I think is fantastic. Other than that, you can keep their stuff IMO.

Right now I'm in the middle of a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II with about 5 months on it. What a great smoke. 5 Vegas, now there is a brand I can get behind.
  • Options
    I had a 5 vegas Relic earlier tonight. I liked the first few Ive had but the last couple havnt hit the spot. After that i had an Oliva V robusto. it might be one of my top 5 .
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started off with a Cigar.com Red label with about 18 months on it, pretty good. Later was a Padilla Signature 1932 Oscuro churchill, very good. Still later was a CAO VR robusto, like the Black I had yesterday, I didn't hate it. Up next was an Oliva Serie O maduro robusto, loved it, forgot how good they were. Finally I had a Felipe Gregorio Pelo de Oro corona gorda, I liked it but I wouldn't buy a box, in fact I wouldn't buy any unless the price was right, imo regular retail is more than they're worth.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today i started out with a Tatuaje Havana VI Hermosos. next up was a Cubao No.5

both solid.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Nothing in almost a month.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'm really not a fan of Fuentes either. I don't really care for the Opus X or Anejo, about the only Fuente product I do like is the Don Carlos, which I think is fantastic. Other than that, you can keep their stuff IMO.

Right now I'm in the middle of a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II with about 5 months on it. What a great smoke. 5 Vegas, now there is a brand I can get behind.
    Tony, have you had the Anejo Torpedo #55? That is the only one that I have really enjoyed. The Shark was OK IMHO.