Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    lit up a partagas seasonal 2005 agosto. not too bad. better than i expected. started off a bit nutty/earthy. reminded me of shitake mushrooms. picked up after about an inch with some nice sweet spice. perhaps it's time for a box purchase.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Last night was a R.P. Vintage 1990 that I saved all year for a special occasion. My beer froze to slush long before the cigar was done, but I still enjoyed the evening with a smile :)
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    A Cusano 18.... that's one super smooth cigar.
    Glad I have a few more of these.
  • Options
    Tonight I chose a Padilla Habano.  I love Padilla cigars.  I have yet to smoke one I didn't like.  I have a Ruination sitting in my humi that I almost hit tonight, but I didn't want something that full this evening.  I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with the Padilla.  And indeed, it is nothing short of a celebration of life!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    MOW Torp and a glass of red wine on an empty stomach....why is the room spinning? What a great smoke.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Last night and tonight has been a Cain. I bought the sampler from CCOM, and I tried the habano last night. Tonight, I'm still on the maduro. This is the second maduro I've had, and I have to say I like it better than the habano. Very nice smokes in their own right though. I've been on this one for a little over three hours now, lol. I've been smoking while playing Modern Warfare 2. It took me over an hour, almost two, to finish a Hemingway Best Seller the other day, and it's just a smidge bigger than the Short Story.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Nothing in almost a month.
    .. Hey Four to... If you don't smoke something soon, you will loose your membership here and you have to come back through the Newbie welcoming thread ..
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Tonight I enjoyed a Tatuaje Havana VI that was great as always! Not an issue at all with the burn or draw, and the flavor was just what I expect from this cigar. It was the first Tatuaje I ever tried and I usually tend to smoke the brown label more often and like it a little better, but this is still a great smoke. I'm glad I've still got a couple in the humidor!
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    Tonight I smoked a Gurkha Beauty robusto. I liked it a pretty good bit, it was cold outside and I smoked it down to fast, but I'm happy to say the last two Gurkhas I've tried have been all right..the titan and the beauty. The beauty reminded me a lot of the Titan but..sweeter.

I also tried the cigar.com corojo label. I'm starting to think my humidity is a tad high in my humidor..the taste was good, but it felt a bit moist, and the draw got hard about halfway through.

I also had a Perdomo Reserve 10th anni maduro. Yum.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    What the hell did I smoke today? With the Perdomo event tacked on the end of the day, let's say I got a few in. Ok, first up was a Gran Habano #1 Conn toro, a nice early cigar, heavy on the cedar. Next up was a Xikar Defiance toro, despite a wrapper blow-up it smoked pretty good, and as always is a pretty nice cigar. Then I had a PSD4 that made me kick up my heels and say "yeahhhh, that's the stuff". Fast forward to the event, I started there with a Perdomo Lot 23 Conn robusto that the Perdomo rep Chuck gave me, I wasn't really feeling this cigar, too mild for its place in the mix, so I lit up a Perdomo Squared habano churchill, tons of smoke and great flavor. Insert shrimp burrito here, then it was time for a powerhouse, a Camacho CLE that Tim gifted me, now that was an awesome cigar, very full bodied and peppery. To finish off the night, I know I should have already been finished, I lit up a Perdomo Champagne churchill and talked with some of the guys at the event.

The event was a great time, Chuck from Perdomo is a great guy and if any of you ever run across him you'll know what I mean.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    After 3 days of nothing, tonight I'm working on an Edge Corojo. Now this is a fantastic cigar! I am a Rocky fan in general, but this is a really good stick! Nice amount of spice, a bit sweet and oh so tasty...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Strarted an Oliva O Maduro robusto last night but didn't get to finish it. To short a drive. However, I just went to the local B&M and started with a Nording that I got from Tony. I'm not sure if it is the size or not but I wasn't digging it. It was my first. It was the little Nub sized one. Then, I moved onto a Camacho 1962 PE which I got from Joe. This one gets rave reviews but every one I have had is good but not great. Not wirth $25 each but if you find them for a deal not a bad smoke. I was hoping to get to a Forum blend Sumatra but ran out of time.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    trying to decide on whether i go for a Man o War or Padilla Habano tonight. I have one 5Vegas Miami left but I think I will let it rest as I'm not too terribly impressed with it yet and I'm hoping some age will help. Who knows though, maybe a IT super fuerte
  • Options
    dennisking:
    trying to decide on whether i go for a Man o War or Padilla Habano tonight. I have one 5Vegas Miami left but I think I will let it rest as I'm not too terribly impressed with it yet and I'm hoping some age will help. Who knows though, maybe a IT super fuerte

I had the Padilla Habano last night and loved it.  I'm smoking the Man o War Ruination tonight.  It is a gorgeous looking cigar!  I had wondered if it would be overpowering but so far it is very earthy but smooth.

• Options
    Had a RP 2008 Summer Collection. It had good flavor but had a very tight draw. Toward the end it kept going out because I was doing some stuff on the computer.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today was a good day

Padilla 68
    MOW Ruination
    Padilla Habano
  • Options
    Oliva Master Blend
  • Options
    RobRutkowski:
    dennisking:

I had the Padilla Habano last night and loved it.  I'm smoking the Man o War Ruination tonight.  It is a gorgeous looking cigar!  I had wondered if it would be overpowering but so far it is very earthy but smooth.

I ended up rockin the Padilla Habano Churchill. Mine had a little bit of end damage as I gave the better of the 2 I had to my friend who came into town (one never gives a guest a possible bum smoke). It was a lot better than I had remembered. This may be my new go to cigar, but probably a torp instead of the bid daddy churchill. I think I'm in for an Anejo tonight a little later.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    dennisking:
    RobRutkowski:
    dennisking:

I ended up rockin the Padilla Habano Churchill. Mine had a little bit of end damage as I gave the better of the 2 I had to my friend who came into town (one never gives a guest a possible bum smoke). It was a lot better than I had remembered. This may be my new go to cigar, but probably a torp instead of the bid daddy churchill. I think I'm in for an Anejo tonight a little later.

Uummmm Anejo !!!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    What the hell did I smoke today? With the Perdomo event tacked on the end of the day, let's say I got a few in. Ok, first up was a Gran Habano #1 Conn toro, a nice early cigar, heavy on the cedar. Next up was a Xikar Defiance toro, despite a wrapper blow-up it smoked pretty good, and as always is a pretty nice cigar. Then I had a PSD4 that made me kick up my heels and say "yeahhhh, that's the stuff". Fast forward to the event, I started there with a Perdomo Lot 23 Conn robusto that the Perdomo rep Chuck gave me, I wasn't really feeling this cigar, too mild for its place in the mix, so I lit up a Perdomo Squared habano churchill, tons of smoke and great flavor. Insert shrimp burrito here, then it was time for a powerhouse, a Camacho CLE that Tim gifted me, now that was an awesome cigar, very full bodied and peppery. To finish off the night, I know I should have already been finished, I lit up a Perdomo Champagne churchill and talked with some of the guys at the event.

The event was a great time, Chuck from Perdomo is a great guy and if any of you ever run across him you'll know what I mean.
    7 cigars AND a shrimp burrito? What a day!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a cigar in quite some time... and now I have a little case of the sniffles.... uuuuuugghhh
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Have had a couple today in spite of the blanket of snow on the ground. Started earlier this evening with a La Riqueza Cabinet Petit Robusto. This was a great smoke with awesome flavor, impeccable structure and burn. I'm glad I picked up another one of these that will rest a while. Now I'm about half way through a CAO LX2 Lancero that I picked up back in February down in Chesapeake, VA at a CAO event with Maddy. I think I like the other sizes a bit more, simply because I can pick up a bit more than just pepper in them, but this stick is nice and full of pepper. I rather enjoy it still.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    T. Gervais:
    j0z3r:

Hey Joe, you smoked like you were going to the chair tomorrow.... Nothing after the PSD4 would have mattered for me. Best I ever had.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    T. Gervais:
    j0z3r:

Hey Joe, you smoked like you were going to the chair tomorrow.... Nothing after the PSD4 would have mattered for me. Best I ever had.
    What can I say? When in Rome... But yeah, after the PSD4 everything else was filler really, that cigar stands in a league of its own.
  • Options
    Today I started off with a Perdomo Lot 23 robusto, I would have sworn this had a corojo wrapper from the taste and body, but cigar.com only lists a Conn and maduro, had a very nice flavor profile, smooth with a little pepper ting. Next up was a Patel Bros robusto and I loved it, the strongest Rocky I've had but also the most full flavored. A bit later I lit up a CAO La Traviata robusto, I had high hopes for this one and it more than delivered, medium-full body with a great flavor profile and complexity. And finally for my night cigar I lit up one of my beloved La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1...I've smoked a fairly diverse spread of cigars in my relatively short time smoking, and regardless of what I smoke or how much I like it, this one never fails to blow me away with how good it is. Now that I'm at a point where I can say I have smoked enough to start really picking favorites, this one tops the list, superb balance and complexity, a flavor profile that fits me perfectly, this cigar is to me what a great cigar should be.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    I just realized that I'm drinking wiskey and smoking champagne. Perdomo champagne that is. Not a bad mild cigar and I'm amazed at how strait it's burning.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    So far today for me started with a Gurkha Royal Brigade. I would say this cigar was pretty darn good in my book, didn't blow me away, but I'm not sorry that I have a few more in the humi. Next up was a Nub Habano. I liked this one, again not blown away, but not sorry I have more. Third up was a RP I-Press. It was a tasty stick, but started to have uneven burn issues like I've heard from others. It wasn't so bad as to turn me off completely and was quite tasty, but required attention. Not a bad day and I may do one more before bed, maybe...
  • Options
    so i started with the Padilla Habano churchill, then went to the Anejo, then finished with the IT Super Fuerte
  • Options
    Duder2:
    So far today for me started with a Gurkha Royal Brigade. I would say this cigar was pretty darn good in my book, didn't blow me away, but I'm not sorry that I have a few more in the humi. Next up was a Nub Habano. I liked this one, again not blown away, but not sorry I have more. Third up was a RP I-Press. It was a tasty stick, but started to have uneven burn issues like I've heard from others. It wasn't so bad as to turn me off completely and was quite tasty, but required attention. Not a bad day and I may do one more before bed, maybe...
    Dude I had the same problem with the I-Press. It was good but I don't think I would buy any more because of all of the attention that it needed.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Banner day on Saturday. Had a Padilla '68, Man O War Ruination, and a Padilla Habano. On Sunday only had one , a Padilla Habano torpedo. Very good stick.