Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I broke down and smoked this Gurkha monogram last night ....... the appearence of this stick was nice good viens wrapped nice, but it cut wierd, and its not my my cutter. Seem to be rolled really tight and the first draw was very hard. It lit well, and after a good poke the draw semed to release. The first few puffs were harsh and peppery, it mellowed about an inch or so in....... remained lit with only a puff or two every couple minutes...... but at about 3/4 of the stick it needed relit. I am thinking that with a Long rest it might have potential but really im not thrillleed with it and it is out of my current flavor profile...... hope this helps anyone.. i really know little but i know what I like. Peace
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    Enjoyed a Fuente Anejo Shark early in the morning. I would like to burn a few other things today but the wind and suddenly much cooler weather is making me have a change of heart.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Rocky Patel Edge and Cu-avana Intenso
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to have a Cohiba Siglo VI
  • Options
    Moving on down my list of Christmas smokes. I am now enjoying an Oliveros Eight Zero, this came from our currently deployed BOTL, Jetmech. This is a very tasteful, probably one of the most complex sticks Ive had, Vinny thanks for the sticks and a big thank you along the very best Holiday Wishes to you and all men and women deployed abroad.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm close to being done with the Nording I received in my S.Santa package. Great way to wind down an amazing Christmas.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I smoked a Tatuaje Black tubo today. The cigar itself tastes good, the flavor is great, but I had the same problem with this one that I had with the first one, the wrapper refused to burn making it necessary to touch it up every 5-10 minutes....not something I consider a good quality in a cigar as it really takes away from the overall enjoyment.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I needed something to compliment the huge Christmas night meal in my belly so I went with the RP Edge. It was pretty tasty but not as full-hitting as I was expecting. The spice didn't last too long, it was gone after the first 3rd. It's been sitting in my humi for several months so maybe it mellowed a little. Very good though, all the same.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I decided to fire up a Cain Habano. It's pairing pretty well with the Band of Brothers marathon on Spike.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    With all this talk about Anejo Sharks and then seeing Brandon having one with a year of age on it I decided to break one out that I have had for just over a year. It was good but I still like the Torpedo better. It lasted long enough that I didn't get a second smoke in. Yet!!!
  • Options
    I picked up a couple of Room 101 213's this afternoon. I smoked one right away and I thought it was a decent smoke. I'm resting the other smoke for awhile and see if the flavor changes.
  • Options
    Today's selections

RYJ Habana Reserve Torpedo
    5 Vegas "A" Archetype
  • Options
    Don pepin Garcia Cuban classis and a nub maduro. Maybe a Titan or beast after that.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed a Padilla Habano Torpedo earlier. Thinking about another cigar tonight but haven't decided.
  • Options
    Continuing on with my best of Forum Trades and Games list. I just lit a Perdomo2 Red Label, This came form my very first expeirence as a mooch(well mooching cigars lol) and good ole Gmill broke me in proper. I believe this also the very first Perdomo stick Ive had and so far I'm a digging it. Thanks Gene and I hope you got every thing you wanted for Christmas.
  • Options
    Just finished a MB3 with about 6 months on it. Not digging this cigar. I have had the torpedo and robusto. Just not my type I guess.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I was at a party last night and didn't have anything with me. One of my buddies had some backwoods berry flavored with him. I had one. It tasted like candy. Very strange. Not bad, but very strange.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Just finished a MB3 with about 6 months on it. Not digging this cigar. I have had the torpedo and robusto. Just not my type I guess.
    If you have any more and want to rid yourself of them I will gladly take them off your hands. Let me know...
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    rwheelwright:
    If you have any more and want to rid yourself of them I will gladly take them off your hands. Let me know...
    Let me check. I don't think I do but you never know what I have lying around.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just had a Romeo y Julieta Belicosos ISOM very nice as usual.........
  • Options
    El Mejor Emerald Churchill
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I'm starting school tomorow....I know...that sounds weird, but it's TRUE! So I'm going to pair a 12 year aged Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 with a 12 year old Glenlivit Scotch to celebrate! I've been off work since March of 09, and will be taking a 'web bassed computer programming' course for the next 3 years in hopes to land a good job by the end of it. Not bad for a grandfather, eh? I will be enjoying my Schotch and Cigar right after supper. Wish me luck with the schooling!

• Options
    CAO LX2- I think it was stronger than Cain?
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    How did you like this cigar??? Or did you like it would be the better question? I've seen them several times and I know a few of the guys on here have them in their humidor. Any thoughts?

I had a 5 Vegas CSII Toro tonight while driving around from store to store. Went out a couple times in the car while I was in different stores and had to relight it. Overall, I was much more impressed with it this time after it had some rest on it than I was with the one I smoked straight out of the box. Starting to learn a little about rest here. Looks like 2 months rest does a stoagie good.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    jacketsrule:
    CAO LX2- I think it was stronger than Cain?
    Which vitola was it? I enjoy the LX2 but I found the Cain to pack a much bigger punch.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Oliva Series O Rubusto. Nice smoke on a cold winter's night.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    An RP MM toro. Not as much flavor as I remember but still an ok smoke.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    didn't get to lite up anything and have not for coupla weeks really. Was off work today and temps were mild but spent almost whole day at vets office with my female Yorkie. She's gonna be fine (has to spend the night there though) and we get her back tommorow evening ...gave us quite the scare ...dang I love that little girl ...she's more like a person than a dog ! Anyways no smokee today ...
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    fla-gypsy:

How did you like this cigar??? Or did you like it would be the better question? I've seen them several times and I know a few of the guys on here have them in their humidor. Any thoughts?

I had a 5 Vegas CSII Toro tonight while driving around from store to store. Went out a couple times in the car while I was in different stores and had to relight it. Overall, I was much more impressed with it this time after it had some rest on it than I was with the one I smoked straight out of the box. Starting to learn a little about rest here. Looks like 2 months rest does a stoagie good.

I like them a lot. It is a good low cost smoke. Lots of flavor, great burn, good long smoke.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I just enjoyed a Padilla 1932 torpedo. Reminded me of a Cain Habano though not a strong.