Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Alex Williams:
    A seamless beautiful delicious padilla 1932. This is my first one and all I can say is wow. Getting a lot of leather but some other intricacies I know but couldn't put a finger on em to save my life. Once I'm done with this one, I might smoke a Cuban cabinet robusto. Never seen this Alabama sky so clear and the moon so full and bright! Just hope that biggun'll walk buy tomorrow while I'm huntin. Good smoking and happy new year friends!
    Best of luck on the hunt! My brother will be out early tomorrow on our property to hopefully get one of the many doe that roam around. When he went out today there were a bunch right between the garage and his tree stand. Needless to say the ran off and didn't come back while he was out. Figures....

And those Padilla 32's are great! I have had one and I really enjoyed it. And here I thought a 75 count humidor would be enough to house all of the cigars I enjoy!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hugemoose:
    Well for the first time a few weeks, yes weeks, I enjoyed a great cigar. My last one was a backwoods.....and those don't count.

Tonight, I enjoyed a Carlos Torano Virtuoso. I picked up a 5 pack a few weeks ago and man, is this a great cigar. I am such a **** for a good maduro and this fit the bill. I have only ever had one before this and I am glad I have more. It could still use a little more time in the humi, but I have been struggling to keep my humidity up with near 20* weather around here. Even with the beads I have been hovering around 61-62 humidity.

But the cigar started off absolutely fantastic. It did kind of plateau around halfway. And I could tell it was a little dry when I cut it. Either way, it was great to relax in a warm garage with a nice cold Yuengling, a great cigar, and Futurama on the boob tube!!
    funny you bring this up.
    i was just saying in another thread that i liked this cigar a few years back and i should try it again.
    now im REALLY gunna have to give it a shot.
  • Options
    Hugemoose:
    Either way, it was great to relax in a warm garage with a nice cold Yuengling, a great cigar, and Futurama on the boob tube!!
    Good cigar, good brew, and a good show. You got it covered friend! Thanks for the luck tomorrow! The way my season has been I'll need it! Couple bruisers have been frequentlng a trailcam but it has been at midnight so I'll need some help haha. Good luck to your brother as well!
  • Options
    Los Blancos 9 maduro torpedo-An awesome smoke!
  • Options
    I will be sitting down with a Romeo Y Juliet 1875, after enjoying a 4 pack of Dogfish head India Pale Ale.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    dubiousmonk:
    I will be sitting down with a Romeo Y Juliet 1875, after enjoying a 4 pack of Dogfish head India Pale Ale.
    You just said the magic words... Dogfish Head and IPA... I am literaly salivating just thinking about it :-)
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Rocky Patel Sungrown. It's been a while, and it was as good as I remembered.

• Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    ejenne87:
    dubiousmonk:
    You just said the magic words... Dogfish Head and IPA... I am literaly salivating just thinking about it :-)
    I couldn't help but mutter the word "nice" when I read that too.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today's line up

0600-- El Mejor Emerald Churchill
    0900-- Cu-avana Intenso Robusto
    1300-- Padilla Habano Torpedo
    1600-- 5 Vegas Series "A" Archetype
    1830-- MOW Robusto (ROTT) mmm, good!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Today's line up 0600-- El Mejor Emerald Churchill 0900-- Cu-avana Intenso Robusto 1300-- Padilla Habano Torpedo 1600-- 5 Vegas Series "A" Archetype 1830-- MOW Robusto (ROTT) mmm, good!
    You waited until 9am to smoke the Intenso this time? When I read your last post that had the Intenso smoked at 6am all I could think was "SHEEESH"!

I just froze my bippy off enjoying the hell out of a Saint Luis Rey. Something about those cigars really agrees with me, I love 'em.
  • Options
    Had a 5Vegas Miami Knuckle this earlier this afternoon. Move it on over Nubs...lol
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Graycliff 1666 tonight, didn't particularly care for it but it did empty some space in my humi, I am going to Dominican Jan 12 and will be coming back armed!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Had a Opus X Lost City this evening. Wrote up a review on it too!
  • Options
    This evening's smoke is another from my Best of Forum Trades. This one came in a Make a Wish package from a BOTL with the same name of the cigar. Tatauje Havanna VI. Thanks Phil, this is one of my faves, Happy New Year, hope you and every other B/SOTL gets in a great smoke these next few days.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had two tonight. Started with the V Figurado. It wasn't anything special. I like the torpedo much more. Then, I moved to a Patel Bros Torpedo. This is one strong cigar. It reminds me of something but I can't remember what. Maybe a Gurkha Legend?????
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started with a Cusano Hermanos Vintage churchill, I got this one from Gene and they had several years of age on them when he found them. Tasty smoke, really mild but tasty. Later was an Oliva Connecticut reserve robusto, a very nice Conn. Last up was a Casa Fuego robusto, mmm mmm good.
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    This evening's smoke is another from my Best of Forum Trades. This one came in a Make a Wish package from a BOTL with the same name of the cigar. Tatauje Havanna VI. Thanks Phil, this is one of my faves, Happy New Year, hope you and every other B/SOTL gets in a great smoke these next few days.
    SOTL? wtf! soldier of the leaf... is that it?
  • Options
    i think he means sister of the leaf
  • Options
    yes sir, there a few sisters here now and I surely wouldnt want to exclude them from the well wishings.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Had a Fuente Anejo this evening. Yup, pretty much the worlds most perfect smoke in my opinion
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    yes sir, there a few sisters here now and I surely wouldnt want to exclude them from the well wishings.
    ah, cool.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Ok, starting my day off with a Macanudo Maduro, it's definately gonna be a multi day! EDIT.....Decent start to the day...I will be firing up a Cohiba Black next, this is my top choice for a maduro non ISOM, I loved this cigar from the moment I saw it, really sexy looking wrapper and band especially when its in a glass tubo and smokes like a dream!....this is my last one but I will definately be picking a pile of these up when I hit the Dominican on the 12th....if you are in the Sosua area there is a little open air bar there owned by a large Dutchman, sits about 10 people at the bar (no tables) classic rock blaring wonderful Dominican ladies looking to spend quality time with you ;).....the other half of the bar is a large walkin humidor loaded to the roof with sticks of all kinds, highly recommended if you are in area stop in have a pint or 5 and you will be in cigar heaven!!!! Can't remember the name but will update when I'm there if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    starting right.

always lightest in body to fullest as the day progresses.

dont wanna burn out that palate to early in the day.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    NOTHING....too Danged COLD!!!!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I finally had a smoke last night after a long stretch of work and it was a great welcome back. Smoked a LARGE San Cristobal. Don't remember what exact size it is, but I believe it was a churchil. Great smoke as always with tons of flavor and enjoyed it while sitting around a fire with a buddy of mine.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Enjoying a Davidoff Millenium Blend Lonsdale right now. Glad I'm having this one first, it is medium bodied at most but has some very nice flavor to it. Hard to justify its price tag, but a nice smoke for sure.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    went to grab an El Rey Del Mundo robusto larga... none left. damn. so i'm going with a Pepin Blue Imperiale... starting my 9 days off. wooh. sam adams winter lager and some champagne this evening. and apparently my brother bought some belvenie 15yr. happy new year to you all
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    martymcg43:
    went to grab an El Rey Del Mundo robusto larga... none left. damn. so i'm going with a Pepin Blue Imperiale... starting my 9 days off. wooh. sam adams winter lager and some champagne this evening. and apparently my brother bought some belvenie 15yr. happy new year to you all

Glad to see another brother enjoying ERDM's ...these are one of my favorite smokes ...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Diamondog:
    Ok, starting my day off with a Macanudo Maduro, it's definately gonna be a multi day! EDIT.....Decent start to the day...I will be firing up a Cohiba Black next, this is my top choice for a maduro non ISOM, I loved this cigar from the moment I saw it, really sexy looking wrapper and band especially when its in a glass tubo and smokes like a dream!....this is my last one but I will definately be picking a pile of these up when I hit the Dominican on the 12th....if you are in the Sosua area there is a little open air bar there owned by a large Dutchman, sits about 10 people at the bar (no tables) classic rock blaring wonderful Dominican ladies looking to spend quality time with you ;).....the other half of the bar is a large walkin humidor loaded to the roof with sticks of all kinds, highly recommended if you are in area stop in have a pint or 5 and you will be in cigar heaven!!!! Can't remember the name but will update when I'm there if anyone is interested.

Hey Diamon where you staying in the DR ? I was there about 4 years ago and had a blast .
  • Options
    gmill880:
    martymcg43:

Glad to see another brother enjoying ERDM's ...these are one of my favorite smokes ...
    I just had a few of the SA winter brew, thought it was okay. Not bad but in my opinion the boston is much better. Have you had the cherry wheat? Great beer, very tasty. Have you had the Imperial stout from SA? I want to try it but it's rather spendy for 4 bottles.... I'm having a AB Tempus robusto.