Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I will be having a Macanudo Maduro later this evening
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    SaVas:
    fla-gypsy:
    Today's pleasures Just an observation. The CA Intenso and the MOW are some of the tastiest sticks around, wow are they good.
    I find the CA Intenso to be a great budget priced stick, though OTT a bit bitter. With a few months on them to relax, they are, I agree quite tasty!
    I'm going to have to get a CA Intenso and let it rest. I've had about 5 and I really don't care for it, yet everyone that loves it seems to have tastes real close to mine.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a GUrkha Micro-Batch VH-7. This was a tasty cigar that was all about leather, coffee, and pepper. The burn got pretty crazy but still, worth the effort.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Last night was a JR Alternative to the "El Ray Del Mundo". Not a name brand stick, but a perfect draw, razor sharp burn and an ash you couldn't knock off with a jack-hammer.

Tonight I am lighting up a Gurkha Black Puro that's been resting in the humi for quite a while.

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Had a forum sumatra today, wow these really got better since I last tried them. very tasty with sweet notes. Going to smoke the maduro when I get home.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    I will be having a Macanudo Maduro later this evening
    Thats a good smoke in my book...... I have not had a stick in a few days, but I will fix that, as I am traveling to the armpit of Wyoming tomorrow. A few good sticks will help ease the pain of Riverton.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    phobicsquirrel:
    Had a forum sumatra today, wow these really got better since I last tried them. very tasty with sweet notes. Going to smoke the maduro when I get home.

That was my choice today as well Pheebs -a forum Sumatra - a very tasty stick and yes they do get better with age although I still prefer the Maduro just a bit more I would like to have boxes of both ...
  • Options
    Do you have a system to remind you or document how long she's been in the humi ?
  • Options
    gmill880:
    phobicsquirrel:

That was my choice today as well Pheebs -a forum Sumatra - a very tasty stick and yes they do get better with age although I still prefer the Maduro just a bit more I would like to have boxes of both ...
    Well half way through my maduro forum blend and wow, the sumatra really took off compared to the maduro. Alex, Tim, whenever these boxes land I'll be one of the first to pick up 2 or so of each. Both are great sticks. I hate to say it, but I think I lean toward the sumatra now. strange how this all works out.
  • Options
    kev41042:
    Do you have a system to remind you or document how long she's been in the humi ?
    Was that directed towards me? If so I mark mine with either a pen on the sticker/bar-code on the cello or attach a printed date on the cello. If it's not in the cello (which not many which aren't box are) I write it down in the humi on a list or put a sticker on the bottom of the box. It's not complicated at all, like some peeps do.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a Gurkha Empire VI, courtesy of Cooper. I'm not a huge Gurkha fan, but this one is definately on the list of their cigars that I do like. It is running pretty close to the Titan for my favorite Gurkha as a matter of fact.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had a 5 Vegas Cask II earlier, nice smoke but it seems to have lost some strength, maybe because it was a bit on the dry side, I need to buff up the humidity in that humidor. To finish off the day I had a CAO La Traviata toro, this is the third one I've had and I've been consistently impressed with the blend, CAO done good with this one. The toro smoked so slow that if I hadn't sped up my smoking a bit, the slow burner would have taken every bit of 2 hours, as it was it lasted over 90 minutes.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had two last night. Started with my first ever Carlos Torano. I believe it was the Carlos Torano Signature. It was the Feature in the cotm package back in July. It was really good. Wasn't great like GoF great but really good. At one point I swear I was tasting a Coffee Mate Chocolate Caramel taste. The last inch was just ok but up until then it was good. It did start off tasting similar to a Gurkha Black Puro. The burn and draw were perfect on this cigar. I can't remember the last time I had such an awesome burn. I did have tar start to build up but I caught it rather quickly and recut. I originally punched it.

My second cigar was a Gurkha Corniche. Now, everything I read about this cigar says it is the same blend as the Royal Reserve but not infused with cognac. This absolutely "WAS" infused. Do doubt about it. The first one I had was also infused. I got one more that I'll let rest for a while. This cigar doesn't do much for me. The burn was really good up until I put it down for pizza and then it got a little weird when I picked it back up. From that point it was burning just ok requiring a touch up here or there for either crooked burns or not completely burning. Not much more I can say about this cigar. It was just ok.
  • Options
    Well I can tell you that the box they come in smells like the reserves, same box really. So I'm sure it gets some of the smell in them. I enjoy this cigar, I always get a honey, sweetness to them.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Big Day today

0600-- El Mejor Emerald Churchill
    0900-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo
    1215-- MOW Toro
    1545-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo
    1800-- Padilla "68 Robusto
  • Options
    La Herincia cubana toro. Bout a year on it. I think these aged real well it has been a while since I smoked one and this is really a good stick.
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    Alec Bradley Vice Press
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today i had a tatuaje series P. it isnt their best smoke, but for the price, im happy.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to have a Padron 1964 Anniversary....EDIT: change in game plan I am going to have a Sol Cubano Artisan tonight instead....
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    So I had a pretty rockin time with JDorais at our herf(s) yesterday. We ended up hanging out most of the afternoon and evening, and smoked some good sticks. Started off with a J. Fuego Natural belicoso in the afternoon, and I loved this stick, start to finish. Got it for less than $5 at my b&m too, which was great. Then in the evening we both kicked back with Rocky Patel 1961 toros - wow, heckova stick. I got an oiliness from that one that just entirely coated my palate...haven't had that before. Was rather boring to start off with, and had an unpleasant punch to the mouth. Once into the 2nd third though, it really came into it's own for me, and was great. Overall, it was a great evening, and all thanks to JDorais - SUPER standup guy.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, I just can't seem to get sick of these.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭

Today line up

0600--  Arganese ML3 Torpedo

0930--  IT SF Maduro Toro

1400--  MOW Ruination (what a lovely stick)

1715--  Arganese ML3 Torpedo

• Options
    Isla del Sol by Drew Estates.  It's awesome!
  • Options
    RobRutkowski:

You would def like the Java Maduro and Tabak Especial if you have not already tried them ...
  • Options
    Nothing for me ...still battling flu like symtoms and missed work today for the first time in for ever with a sickness . A stomach virus and flu have wreaked havoc with my workplace for the last 10 days ...feeling somewhat better tonight though although it might be the drugs ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    RobRutkowski:

You would def like the Java Maduro and Tabak Especial if you have not already tried them ...

I haven't tried them.  I think I need to add that to my B&M list.  Thanks!
  • Options
    RobRutkowski:
    gmill880:
    RobRutkowski:

I haven't tried them.  I think I need to add that to my B&M list.  Thanks!

No problem ...the Java Maduro is one of my all time favs. Also if your into that flavor the Oliveros Kopi Luwak cigar is awsome as well. Happy smokin' bro ...
  • Options
    damn addicts!!!!! ;-)
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    damn addicts!!!!! ;-)

Did you know in NC its illegal to blow smoke in a squirrels face if its in a cage and can't run away !?!?!?
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I haven't had anything since last week, but in the morning around 9:00am I'm heading out for a road trip to West Texas up around the Panhandle to hang out with a buddy I've known since 1st grade. I got his crazy ass hooked on cigars too so we will be smoking and having some drinks and relaxing a bit. Will be the first time I've taken the family out to where I grew up so should be a fun trip that will bring back a lot of memories... And should be an adventure seeing how a 19 month old does for a 6 hour car ride! lol Thank god for portable DVD players!