Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    last couple of days I had a Java, a tabak especial and a gurkha centurion
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    last couple of days I had a Java, a tabak especial and a gurkha centurion
    Mmmmmm... Centurian... I only have one of these left and I'm thinking I might need to pay it a visit sometime soon.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I had a Tatuaje Havana, pretty good, not outstanding but good. Then had a Nub Connecticut. Pretty tasty, lots of big smoke.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a forum blend maduro earlier. I still think the sumatra is better, but both are pretty good. This one had a wicked tight draw. I can't believe how slow they smoke and how cool they burn, a real testament to good construction...tight draw aside.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Enjoyed a Gurkha Rare Breed last night. I received this is a trade a long while back, but don't remember from whom I got it from!

It was the first Gurkha that I have liked. The cigar was a good medium body with a nice long finish and a ton of flavor. Not very complex and didn't change, but it was tasty and that's what I was looking for. Now I just need to find more.....
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1992. Sorry to say, it's the first RP that I've ever had a problem with. The burn was horrible for the first half. Once the burn straightened out, the rest of the stick was good. A case of 'too little too late' for that stick.

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am either going to have a Sol Cubano Artisan or Cao America........
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Nica Libre 1990. The first time for this one. Very nice cigar. The flavors were woody, earthy, nutty, sort of coffee, and just a touch of sweetness. Burn was perfect and slow. Can't ask for much more. This is a cigar that everyone will enjoy. This one falls in my "Get a Box " category.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Partagas Naturale one heck of a meh cigar...
  • Options
    I had one of my go to cigars, Torano Exodus 1959 Gold torpedo. I'm leaving for a conference at Disney tomorrow, hoping it warms up. I am going to visit Corona while in Orlando.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    kaspera79:
    Nica Libre 1990. The first time for this one. Very nice cigar. The flavors were woody, earthy, nutty, sort of coffee, and just a touch of sweetness. Burn was perfect and slow. Can't ask for much more. This is a cigar that everyone will enjoy. This one falls in my "Get a Box " category.
    Hey Kas, what vitola did you have? I've only had the torpedo it was kinda meh.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Todays line up

0530 El Mejor Emerald Churchill
    0700 MOW Robusto
    1200 Benchmade
    1600 RP MM
    1800 MOW Robusto
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    kaspera79:
    Torpedo it was. I liked it a whole lot more than you I guess.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    kaspera79:
    Jdorais:
    kaspera79:
    Torpedo it was. I liked it a whole lot more than you I guess.
    I like the Exclusivo with my morning coffee. Got the Diplomatico in a trade & can't wait to try out that bad dog....maybe right now??? Kas if you were looking to do a box split let me know, I would be up for it.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭

My box of Cuaba Divinos came in last night. I was going to let them rest for a week but I couldn't help myself. I'm glad I didn't wait.

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to have a Macanudo Maduro
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Changed my mind and went with a Cuba Libre. First time I smoked one. Not going to buy a box because I wasn't very impressed.....should've went with my first choice. Guess I will make up for it tonight with a RP Edge Habano.
  • Options
    Today's line up

0600-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo
    0900-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo
    1215-- MOW Robusto
    1600-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo

A real full bodied day today and freaky cold for N Florida.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Today's line up 0600-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo 0900-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo 1215-- MOW Robusto 1600-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo A real full bodied day today and freaky cold for N Florida.
    My friend, you are living the high life!
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Romeo Y Julieta 1875 Churchill.... it was a nice balmy -10 outside. beautiful night
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Today's line up 0600-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo 0900-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo 1215-- MOW Robusto 1600-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo A real full bodied day today and freaky cold for N Florida.
    Gypsy, I need to know. Do you choose your starting line-up the night before, or at game time. And, ( I am jealous) while spending the day smoking away, do you just kick back and enjoy the surroundings ? I can't sit still that long. Maybe when I retire to Florida, I will be able to sit on the beach and just r-e-l-a-x. ( don't do it ! )
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Halftime! Going to get the snow blower out and will bring a Punch Champion.

Just finished. I have had my share of Punch, but I have never had the Champion before. I cut it and was off. For the first 15 minutes, I was sucking my face in because I could barley get a draw. I then decided to cut above the cap line and it was perfect from there. Minor burn issue that fixed itself. Pretty one dimensional (which I was told by Bryan Glenn) but the good thing was, that one dimension was great. I think I'll need to stock up. It was a perfect quick smoke with some spice that will get me through the winter months.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Started the day with an Oliveros XL Double Corojo Toro. I love these XL cigars. I haven't found one yet that I don't like. I'm thinking these might seriously become my go to cigars.

Got a box of La Cuna Bin 85 Churchills in today and pulled one straight outta the box. Only got through half of it before I had to go into work, but the half I smoked was delightful. Looking forward to these after a little rest on them.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    fla-gypsy:
    Today's line up

0900-- Arganese ML3 Torpedo
    1215-- MOW Robusto

A real full bodied day today and freaky cold for N Florida.
    Gypsy, I need to know. Do you choose your starting line-up the night before, or at game time. And, ( I am jealous) while spending the day smoking away, do you just kick back and enjoy the surroundings ? I can't sit still that long. Maybe when I retire to Florida, I will be able to sit on the beach and just r-e-l-a-x. ( don't do it ! )

I hit one on the way to work, 2 while under the guise of working (have golf cart, will travel) and of course one on the way home. I make all my selections at 0530 for the day. My favorite one is that 0600 smoke.
  • Options
    Today's pleasures

0930-- Cu-avana Intenso Robusto
    1215-- MOW Toro

Just an observation. The CA Intenso and the MOW are some of the tastiest sticks around, wow are they good.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    think Ill have a Rocky Patel Sun Grown ... sounds like a good one to go with to beat my wife at some Gin!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    think Ill have a Rocky Patel Sun Grown ... sounds like a good one to go with to beat my wife at some Gin!
    Hey Oz - check your PMs
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    I know I shouldn't do it yet, but I think I'm going to smoke a Diesel I got from Tat. I've been really wanting to try one.
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Started the day with an Ashton VSG spellbound and a pot of coffee. Two hours of bliss. For lunch I had a a bowl of homemade chili and a Fuente Anejo, and I think for this evening I will have a CAO Sopranos soldier (retail they are overpriced, but online is great for finding deals).

Nothing like having a day off from work today and tomorrow with the forecast being snow tonight, brutally cold temperatures, and tomorrow 30+ mph winds.
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    fla-gypsy:
    Today's pleasures

Just an observation. The CA Intenso and the MOW are some of the tastiest sticks around, wow are they good.

I find the CA Intenso to be a great budget priced stick, though OTT a bit bitter. With a few months on them to relax, they are, I agree quite tasty!