Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    Well I haven't had anything since last week, but in the morning around 9:00am I'm heading out for a road trip to West Texas up around the Panhandle to hang out with a buddy I've known since 1st grade. I got his crazy ass hooked on cigars too so we will be smoking and having some drinks and relaxing a bit. Will be the first time I've taken the family out to where I grew up so should be a fun trip that will bring back a lot of memories... And should be an adventure seeing how a 19 month old does for a 6 hour car ride! lol Thank god for portable DVD players!

Have a good trip my friend ...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Looking forward to my next day off ...Sunday ...football and cigars if warm enough ...
  • Options
    Caibaiguan, another huge hit from Pepin!!!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    phobicsquirrel:
    damn addicts!!!!! ;-)

Did you know in NC its illegal to blow smoke in a squirrels face if its in a cage and can't run away !?!?!?
    Haha, really? I wasn't aware of animal rights down there....
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Looking forward to my next day off ...Sunday ...football and cigars if warm enough ...
    I don't understand, isn't football something you watch and unless you have tv outside wouldn't cigars accompany said football? So turn up the heat and enjoy! Oh and maybe crack a window..
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had something that I normall give away. When I go to the local JRs I don't normally buy anything but when you order any meal you get a Monti tube something or other with the meal. I have been stocking these up and I give them to a friend at work. Some are ok and some are just bad. The consistency is terrible. But today, I was going to lunch at 5 guys which is a little bit of a drive so I pulled one out that has been in my glove box for I don't know how long. It was actually pretty good. I never opened the tube and it was still fresh. Cold but fresh. I was quite suprised.

Then tonight on the way home from the gig I had one of those Gurkha Titans that came in the three pack with the beauty and shaggy. It is not the normal titan size but it wasn't bad. It was a little bitter but I'm not sure why. It has been in the humo for at least a month and before that it was in a zip lock bag with a pillow. Hrm.... It started to get better but I got home and had to let it go out. Too cold to stay outside and smoke!
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Enjoyed a Diesel last night. Went down like a nice steak dinner! I paired it with some Lancaster Brew winter warmer. Yum yum.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Tonight will be the Padron 1964 anniversary....
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Tonight will be the Padron 1964 anniversary....
    Very nice. I had a Gurkha Royal Brigade today.
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Just finished up the chores for the weekend and the wife took my daughter to Grandma's house. How sweet the sound of silence is. I just lit an AVO #2 and am looking forword to doing nothing for the next few hours but watch some football.
  • Options
    Perdomo ESV 91 epicure.Really a nice stick.Also got the games in my sights.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a Gurkha Micro Batch S-2 earlier. Didn't really care for it at all.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Had a MOW Robusto about 1400. It is too freaking cold here in Florida for another today.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    fla-gypsy:
    Had a MOW Robusto about 1400. It is too freaking cold here in Florida for another today.
    OMG you're kidding with the cold right? lol
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Cold in Flordia?! What do you consider too cold to smoke? Because once water can freeze up here in PA....then I move inside :-)
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I guess it was 27 degrees in Ocala FL the other night. My buddy lives there and he said it was a big shock to a lot of people.
    as far as sticks go, I would like to try my Tabak Especial this evening
  • Options
    Shoot, last night it was 7 degrees here WITHOUT the wind. Sure I was invthe cave but my heater wasn't coin to good! Hopefully I'm gonna get to light up somethin tonight by im just not sure...
  • Options
    had a alex bradley tempus tonight, not a bad smoke .
    Great construction and burn. started off almost too sweet but mellowed into a nice nutty cedar flavor that was heavy on anise.
  • Options
    jeff_connors:
    Great construction and burn. started off almost too sweet but mellowed into a nice nutty cedar flavor that was heavy on anise.
    What is anise?
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Forum blend sumatra, man these are really getting good! Much better than when they were first shipped. Smooth.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    jeff_connors:
    What is anise?
    black licorice and jaegermeister are flavored with it
  • Options
    Hugemoose:
    fla-gypsy:

Cold in Flordia?! What do you consider too cold to smoke? Because once water can freeze up here in PA....then I move inside :-)

been hovering around 25 or lower every morning and getting into the 40's during the day for a solid week now. We are freezing our *** off down here.
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    fla-gypsy:
    OMG you're kidding with the cold right? lol
    Hell no he aint kidding, it started the day after Laker threaten an invasion......Dammm yooouuu Laaaker.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Hugemoose:
    fla-gypsy:
    been hovering around 25 or lower every morning and getting into the 40's during the day for a solid week now. We are freezing our *** off down here.
    Well, bravo Flordia! Now you know how we feel up north! haha. Nights around here are now in the teens with wind chills obviously lower. I like the cold, but only when it snows. As for a cigar, nothing tonight. Went to a small birthday party for a friend and had a good time, but no stick for me tonight.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Started last night with a Gurkha Genghis Khan. It was ok inthe beggining but got better as time went on. The burn as really good but it developed this crack about half way up that affected the burn from there. Nothing too bad but a little annoying. Then, I moved to a Centurian. Still not thrilled with this cigar. It is good but not great. For $20 I expect more not that I paid $20. This one had at least a year and a half age to it. Oh and this one developed a crack too which was really annoying compared to the Khan.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Had an RP 1990 today. It was a bit disappointing. The aroma and burn were great, but the flavor was really light. Not the first time this has happened. I started noticing it a few months ago and just thought it was my palate changing as I gravitated towards fuller bodied smokes. But what I've also noticed is that there's a huge variance in the color of the wrapper on this particular brand. I've had 1990s that were almost black, but these recent ones I've got from daily deals are so light they look almost like habano wrappers. I don't know if it's the color that's making the difference in taste, but I'm convinced it's not me. I've had several weeks to rest my palate, and these things just aren't right. Too bad, I really liked this one.
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Had a really nice CAO America tonight. First time delight. And what even better, my girlfriend likes it too.. BONUS
  • Options
    I burned a Torano Exodus 50th aniversary today. It is almost too cold to smoke outside right now. The 50th is a very rich enjoyable smoke.
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    Had a ghurka centurian yesterday with about 8 months on it followed up by a man o war which just arrived both of which were awesome! I think i might give the man o wars some time to smooth out though.
  • Options
    Got in a 5 Vegas Cask Strength today. Nice flavor profile and enough strength to satisfy.