Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Yeah, good choice. I only have two left.
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    I just had a Rocky Patel Edge Maduro. Nice, slow burn. 2 hours and I was hardly halfway done. I would have finished it, but it went out and I hate relighting =/. I was surprised I enjoyed it, as I was never a fan of the original Edge.
  • Options
    Padilla Miami, a truly awesome smoke.  I have yet to have a Padilla I didn't like and that includes the Obsidian.  I love Padilla. 
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I finally got to try the Diesel. I was a little worried about how much it's reputation preceeds it and it might be disappointing because of this but it was a very good stick. I tasted quite a bit of leather and a little bit of spice, mostly at the very beginning and very end. It wasn't too dynamic but it was very tasty and very smooth. I nubbed it.
  • Options
    Last night I had a nub habano. Very good flavors but the damn thing burned as hot as hades fiery balls! Kinda ruined it for me but I will definately be giving another one a try!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yesterday i had a Padilla series '68 in the saloman size. fantastic cigar.
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Last night I fired up the Cain by Oliva series F; not bad, but disappointed. Too overpowering on the palate for me not enough complexity or desireable flavors. They were fresh; so after a rest period I will report back.

I also like the series '68 Kuzi; only had the robusto size. I would imagine the saloman was epic!
  • Options
    Due to the weather I'm getting in about one cigar a week so toning I tried my first disel. With a month of age one it it's already a pretty good smoke. Just the right amount of complexity and sweetness. great burn!!Can't wait to give it a try during the summer!! .....summer
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I just finished a 5 Vegas Series A Apotheosis box press. Its my first one and I have to say that if the next few are as good as this one is I may have found a favorite. The ash has held on til well beyond half the length of the cigar. The beginning of the stick had a nice smooth chocolate flavor that gave way to a good spice the second half. This was also my first box pressed cigar and I am pleased with that as well. It had a good even burn and never needed a touch up.
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I just fiinished a tasty Tatuaje Black Tubos. After the Colts game tonight I might have to work in a La Aurora Cien Anos that is calling my name.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    Last night I had a nub habano. Very good flavors but the damn thing burned as hot as hades fiery balls! Kinda ruined it for me but I will definately be giving another one a try!
    No kidding! I just went for the nub habano myself and had the same exact experience. Maybe I didn't smoke a 60 ring gauge correctly but I couldn't keep the wrapper lit. Plenty of age on it in my humidor, too. Disappointing.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    After a long hiatus from smoking cigars (about 9 days) due to some sinus issues, I broke the streak by smoking a Tatuaje Noella Caudrado (from Puro's B&M). An awesome cigar to come back to. Thanks again to Puro for hooking these up.
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Since I turned 40 today, my day will include the following: Diamond Crown Maximus # 4, Gurkha Blue Steel, Sopranos soldier, and soon to be a Padilla 1932 toro, and will conclude with a two year old Fuente Anejo shark. I only turn 40 once :)
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    Alex Williams:
    No kidding! I just went for the nub habano myself and had the same exact experience. Maybe I didn't smoke a 60 ring gauge correctly but I couldn't keep the wrapper lit. Plenty of age on it in my humidor, too. Disappointing.
    i sure am glad that i wasnt the only one! i had the torpedo. what size did you have? i had a nub maduro the other day and could not have been more pleased with it! i have to say it is in my top 5 now.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    bbc020:
    After a long hiatus from smoking cigars (about 9 days) due to some sinus issues, I broke the streak by smoking a Tatuaje Noella Caudrado (from Puro's B&M). An awesome cigar to come back to. Thanks again to Puro for hooking these up.
    Glad you enjoyed it man. I haven't had one of those in a while... Might have to revisit it myself soon.

Smoked several cigars last week while I was out of town, but nothing so far this week since I've been back at work. Hopefully I will break that streak tomorrow after the Cowboys game!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    SaVas:
    Since I turned 40 today, my day will include the following: Diamond Crown Maximus # 4, Gurkha Blue Steel, Sopranos soldier, and soon to be a Padilla 1932 toro, and will conclude with a two year old Fuente Anejo shark. I only turn 40 once :)

That would make turning 40 fun. Happy Birthday. I have the big 30 coming up in a few months and have been saving a few stick for that occasion. Hope your day was great. I just started thinking. If I were you (and I'll do this on my 30th) I would go to the local B&M tomorrow and purchase 3 or 4 great sticks and save them for the next decade. That way, 10 years from now, you can come back and say that you had some kind of 95 rated cigar(s) that have been aged for 10 years. I even amaze myself every once in a while.
  • Options
    Don Pepin Cuban Classic for lunch today! Nutritious and delicious. Smoke magazine rated the El Primer Mundo Rosado Oscuro a 90 in the latest issue. If you can find it I highly reccomend trying it. It has become one of my go to cigars.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    SaVas:
    Happy B day bud...... welcome to the 40's. Had a Nub today........damn they are a great smoke.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Happy birthday man....congrats on 40...wishing you many more!!!
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Last night I had a chance to fire up an Oliva Serie O Maduro...this one has been in my humi for seven months. This stik was HUGE, but felt ery light in my hand. Pre-light draw was very light and had an earthy taste somewhat. My humidors must be doing ok...after reading all the post threads on humidification I believe I have the hang of it. especially after this one has survived for seven months and performed so well. This was a very good cigar medium but not too much so..nice taste, aroma and burn. Ash held for about an inch and a half before I tipped it. Ii took this one down to the nub. This is truly a good maddie that I would recommend. I believe the aging helped some also.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    First off, happy bday to you, savas. Sounds you had a spectacular bday.

I had a 5 Vegas classic triple nickel. For some reason, this one snuck up on me afterwards and kicked my butt. It's strange because I've had it before and I didn't have any problems.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Just finished an Arganese ML3. It is one powerful smoke. Never underestimate a stick that is labeled triple ligero
  • Options
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet- A. J. has never let me down!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    enjoying a Utopia Blue torp as we speak. if you like the occasional sweet smoke then this should be on the list
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Oh yea, last night I had a Carlos Torano Tribute at my local B&M
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    followed up the Utopia Blue with a Tabak Especial Negra. It must've been my day for flavored smokes.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if I'll light one up tonight, but last night was some drunken fun with a delicious Diesel. It was notable as the first time I got any real effect from that stick - it's never bowled me over, but last night I did start to feel it in the head a bit. Probably the combination of the stick and beer...lots of beer...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a Tabak Especial Negra last night. An OK stick. I was never a fan. I wonder if the natural is better. Not bad but not a favorite either. Tonight I had a Torano Exodus Silver from the cotm back in July. This is my third Torano. It started off just ok but got better. I liked the other two better but this one isn't bad.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bibby:
    I also like the series '68 Kuzi; only had the robusto size. I would imagine the saloman was epic!
    since the ring gets smaller as you smoke it, the cigar kept getting stronger. seriously, if you can get your hands on that size, do it.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    DPG Blue (Original). Had my first one several weeks ago right off the truck. That one was a spice bomb. This one was much more balanced having a little rest on it. Very tasty. Spice wasn't as pronounced but definitely still there.