Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Gurkha Doble Maduro tonight, very good smoke IMO. Great burn, lots of flavor, and complex. Gets chocolaty in the last third. Good action...
  • Thanks for the info, I'll let the others rest a while longer.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    j0z3r:
    Had a Padilla Signature 1932 Limitado Oscuro salamon tonight. Despite a few burn issues and a tough draw to start out, it was a pretty tasty cigar. It wasn't full bodied like the regular 1932, but medium-full with a sneaky strength to it. The oscuro wrapper really rounds out the blend and the salamon vitolla keeps it changing with the varying wrapper to filler ratio.

I found this blend to be very Toasty = Which I equate to very dry/dusty tasting. It had some interesting flavors but that dry feeling & taste really didnt do it for me. Did you find any of this?
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I enjoyed a Nub Cammy last night which I picked up from the daily deal the other day. Even without much of a rest it burnt rather well and it was very tasty!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    PuroFreak:
    rwheelwright:
    Fuente 8-5-8 Candela. Have had this one for a while. Not sure how long but a few months at least. It tasted similar to a regular 8-5-8 in the beginning but then changed to more of what a candela wrapper offers.
    I've had the 8-5-8 Candela one time and thought it was awesome. Very different smoke that I'm used to and had a wonderful sweetness to it. A ton of flavor for a mild smoke.
    They are definately different. But they are good. I like them once in a while. It's a nice change while being a little familiar with the taste that I like from other Fuentes.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I smoked a Joya de Nicaragua Antaño Dark Corojo robusto tonight. Wow, that's a powerful cigar, my stomach felt like it had a brick laying on it. It was also pretty tasty though, which is a good accomplishment with a cigar that is so utilizes so much ligero and is so strong, often cigars fitting that bill tend to be kind of one-dimensional. I was pleased with this one, looking forward to the next one.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Had my second ACID Opulence 3 tonight....... what a perfect smoke for my taste. Love the sweet notes and smooth finish.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Had a grand day smoking cigars today. Pulled off a 3-cigar day. First was a go to stick, the Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles. Great short stick with awesome flavor and great construction. Next was a Diesel Unholy Cocktail. These have gotten better with a bit of rest. This one was quite enjoyable even after a relight. Last was a Viaje Holiday Blend. Not extremely strong. I'd say medium body with some nice floral and leather flavors. I enjoyed it, even after a rather strong Diesel.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I smoked a Joya de Nicaragua Antaño Dark Corojo robusto tonight. Wow, that's a powerful cigar, my stomach felt like it had a brick laying on it. It was also pretty tasty though, which is a good accomplishment with a cigar that is so utilizes so much ligero and is so strong, often cigars fitting that bill tend to be kind of one-dimensional. I was pleased with this one, looking forward to the next one.
    Thanks for the info on this smoke Joe! It's one I was reading a bit about a couple weeks ago and after reading this I can't wait to try it! I'll be making a stop at my B&M to look for these in the next week or two.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I am smoking a Diesel, courtesy of bbc020 Brandon. this is a damn fine stick. this will not be my last. thanks bud for turning me on to this
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I'm toward the end of a 5 Vegas Miami torpedo, with the older single band. The draw is a bit tight, but still a very enjoyable smoke.
  • Just got done with a drew estate egg. The only thing that was really good about this cigar was the ash. It lasted for about 4/5 of the cigar, well past the halfway point. Everything else was mediocre at best. Definately won't be buyin another haha.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I finaly had a Casa Magna Colorodo robusto... pretty decent but nothing to write home about. I did smoke it fresh though. I'll buy another and rest it for a little I think.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had a Gurkha Empire IV last night. It was just an OK cigar in my opinion. There wa a point where I was getting a really nice taste but not a lot of it then it was pretty much blah from that point forward.
  • nudienudie Posts: 112
    Had a HB blue label today... on the 'top' the wrapper didnt burn at all... it ashed at halfway... all the filler burned but left a giant canoe of a wrapper... so the taste was lacking because the wrapper didnt burn... ill try another one in a few weeks of rest and see if i just got a dud
  • Big, fat Peredomo Tabacalera Vintage 1991.  Creamy and smokey, very nice!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im about to go smoke a G5 avenger by gurkha
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    Had a grand day smoking cigars today. Pulled off a 3-cigar day. First was a go to stick, the Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles. Great short stick with awesome flavor and great construction. Next was a Diesel Unholy Cocktail. These have gotten better with a bit of rest. This one was quite enjoyable even after a relight. Last was a Viaje Holiday Blend. Not extremely strong. I'd say medium body with some nice floral and leather flavors. I enjoyed it, even after a rather strong Diesel.
    I really like that Tat! The diesel is a good cigar, I haven't had many but I do have quite a bit from a daily deal.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Bolivar #2 this afternoon not sure what I'll get in to tonight....
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Black Puro Torpedo. I've really hit the Gurkha Sampler hard and have to smoke some of them now.. (love the Legend, Black Dragon)
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    This lazy afternoon I had a 5 Vegas Relic. Not sure what it is about that stick, but I always look forward to the next one!

I've found that taking it out of the humidor several hours before lighting it really helps the Relic burn perfectly.

KCW:
    Gurkha Black Puro Torpedo.
    Had a "Dirty" taste. For me, nothing developed until the very end w/ a little pepper & Espresso. Too little too late. Glad I only got one.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    finally tried an Oliva MBIII. Friggin great tasting and burning stick!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    smoking a padilla miami as we speak, pretty tasty but nothing compared to last nights diesel
    Jdorais:
    finally tried an Oliva MBIII. Friggin great tasting and burning stick!
    Those are good!! I stashed a Robusto and Double Robusto.
  • 5 Vegas Triple A . Off the truck this mornin.Pretty good,I'll probably let the other 4 rest a couple weeks.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I had an Indian Tabac Teepee for lunch, a Perdomo Lot 23 maduro for the afternoon selection finsished up with a Nicarao Toro.
  • I enjoyed a Cuvee 151 for lunch at Wise Ash.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Had two today. It has been usually warm here in the mid-west, around 50, so I wasn't going to waste this day. Had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Rubusto and then tonight, had a La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte. Not the biggest maduro fan but WOW! This was the first one I had. Seriously, can AJ Fernandez do any wrong?
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a Man O' War Robusto as I took a frigid walk around my neighborhood today. Had to gain some manhood points after the "smokin in the livingroom" thread. Frankly, I'm really not sure why I smoke anything else. I've only had two of these and both times it's been one of my favorite cigars ever! Love the Man O' War cigars.