Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Going to try a Padilla Cazadores. Not sure what to expect, which is half the reason why I love this hobby.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bbc020:
    j0z3r:
    bbc020:
    Smoked a Tabacos El Truinfador #4 tonight. I was impressed. Was somewhat milder than most Pete Johnson offerings, but full of flavor. The habano wrapper from ecuador was exquisite and imparted some enjoyable flavors. From my understanding, this stick has only been offered as a preview to a nationwide release of this stick coming in the future. I'm not sure what the price point will be, but I'm looking forward to it.
    Here's the million dollar question: How did you come across one?
    I hate to reveal my sources...actually another retailer was giving them out when you purchased $15 in Tatuaje products. If you want to know the retailer, feel free to pm me. I'm not sure if they have any left, but you can always check with them.
    nah, that answers it enough for me. I don't mind waiting until they are released to pick up a few, don't need to be buying any more cigars right now anyway.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I need to fire up one of those Tats pretty soon Jason, I love those little guys. Does your B&M carry any other hard to come by Tatuaje products?
    They usually get most of the hard to find Tat stuff. The owner has become really good friends with Pete so he always gets a stash of stuff when they put out somethig new. They had the Black and Red Tubos, the monster Tat Perfecto that was like 10" long, the Boris, the Drac, and a Tatuaje Culebra that I heard was very rare. My buddy Nick picked up the Culebra but they were out before I made it up there.
  • Options
    Padilla Obsidian.  I really like these.  Coco and spice, very nice.
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    sightunseen:
    Going to try a Padilla Cazadores. Not sure what to expect, which is half the reason why I love this hobby.
    thats what I am going to have tonight. I have had a couple...but this one has been resting for about 2 months. I realyl enjoyed the previous ones...let me know what you think.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    First cigar I've had since Saturday, and man was it a good one. An Oliva V Maduro 09. Very robust tobacco flavor with chocolate undertones and a nice ligero punch, and then just slightly sweet on the finish. What a great cigar, glad I just picked up a box of these.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had 2 today
    Verdadero Organic toro on my way to work
    Arganese Nicaraguan President
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Sol Cubano CC, IT SF Maduro, Nicarao
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Fuente 8-5-8 Candela. Have had this one for a while. Not sure how long but a few months at least. It tasted similar to a regular 8-5-8 in the beginning but then changed to more of what a candela wrapper offers.
  • Options
    Nestor Miranda Special Selection for lunch, and Don Lino 1989 Maduro Torpedo on the ride home. I almost don't mind the long drive!
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Fuente 8-5-8 Candela. Have had this one for a while. Not sure how long but a few months at least. It tasted similar to a regular 8-5-8 in the beginning but then changed to more of what a candela wrapper offers.
    I've had the 8-5-8 Candela one time and thought it was awesome. Very different smoke that I'm used to and had a wonderful sweetness to it. A ton of flavor for a mild smoke.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    just finished my first padilla hybrid and I was very surprised with it! Perfect burn, effortless draw but not loose at all. The first and second third were earthy with a rich tobacco flavor and just a hint of pepper on the tongue during it's short finish. The last third was even better as all the flavors got kicked up a few notch's.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Wow, I had two fabulous cigars last night. First up was the San Cristobal new blend (selecion del sol or something like that). It was awesome. I'd say better than the original, but I haven't had one in a while. My second one was a 5 Vegas Relic. Holy awesome cigar batman. This is my new favorite 5 Vegas. And instantly made it into my favorites.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Wow, I had two fabulous cigars last night. First up was the San Cristobal new blend (selecion del sol or something like that). It was awesome. I'd say better than the original, but I haven't had one in a while. My second one was a 5 Vegas Relic. Holy awesome cigar batman. This is my new favorite 5 Vegas. And instantly made it into my favorites.
    I've seen a lot of love lately for the new San Cristobal blend and I thought it was really lacking in comparison to the origional blend... I may need to get another to try, but I was expecting a lot more flavor and it was a huge let down for me... I hope it was just a bad stick I got.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Padilla Signature 1932 Limitado Oscuro salamon tonight. Despite a few burn issues and a tough draw to start out, it was a pretty tasty cigar. It wasn't full bodied like the regular 1932, but medium-full with a sneaky strength to it. The oscuro wrapper really rounds out the blend and the salamon vitolla keeps it changing with the varying wrapper to filler ratio.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Padilla Habano at 5am.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.The new San Cristobal is very good.The 5 Vegas Relic is a real flavor bomb!
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Smoked a Padilla Dominus last night. The flavor was great and it went superbly with the bourbon I had. It had some burn issues, though nothing too major and it became very spongey at about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch behind the cherry.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    txjayhawk:
    sightunseen:
    thats what I am going to have tonight. I have had a couple...but this one has been resting for about 2 months. I realyl enjoyed the previous ones...let me know what you think.
    Kind of underwhelmed by the cigar. It had a really grassy taste throughout, which I didn't care for, and not much else. It's been resting for about a month and I suspect it needed more time. I also thought I caught a hint of something chemically (possibly ammonia?) before I lit it. What are your thoughts on this stick?
  • Options
    just got through with my first sol cubano Cuban cabinet and it was pretty delicious. It seemed almost sweet kinda like flowers? All I know is it was good!
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    XL Bold... after dinner... any reviews on this?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    From what I hear, it is pretty freakin strong. Haven't had one though.
  • Options
    tedescotedesco Posts: 22
    I had a Gurkah legend perfecto. Not my favorite Gurkah. I like the flavors but the burn sucked.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Oliva master blends III and Don Pepin Garcia cuban classic. Both very balanced and smooth with plenty of punch and some nice spice. Two very good cigars.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Camacho Havana.. The flavor of this one is Fantastic. It is like no other I have had, and probably my favorite of the Camacho line. I Would smoke this one everyday.
  • Options
    I tried to have a Padilla Obsidian from CCOM that has been resting for a while. The draw was terrible. I clipped it four times trying to get it to burn to no avail. I have enjoyed every other Padilla I have tried, but have not reached the end of a single Obsidian. What's up with that??? No cigars for me today after that, but I've been averaging two a day.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Puffin on a Oliva Serie V Maddy 2009. Very nice. I think they might be a bit better than the 08s.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    bbc020:
    Puffin on a Oliva Serie V Maddy 2009. Very nice. I think they might be a bit better than the 08s.
    I have got a couple of olivias from a variety sampler but im letting them rest for a while.... i had acain it was strong to me...but fairly tasty! Im still developing my palate and finding i like all kinds of different s but the maduros and cameroons ares still my likes.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    stephen_hannibal:
    Had a Padilla Habano at 5am.
    WOW Stephan at 5 AM thats quite a WAKE up or was its a NITE NITE!
  • Options
    jacketsrule:
    I tried to have a Padilla Obsidian from CCOM that has been resting for a while. The draw was terrible. I clipped it four times trying to get it to burn to no avail. I have enjoyed every other Padilla I have tried, but have not reached the end of a single Obsidian. What's up with that??? No cigars for me today after that, but I've been averaging two a day.
    I've had pretty good luck with these smokes, I had one out of the 10 or so that had issues after just 2 months of rest, but the others all had 6 months plus on them. Have one left with over a year in the humi so I may need to give it a shot soon.