Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I enjoyed another Carlos Torano Virtuoso the other night. My brother had a Perdomo 10th anniversary Champagne and my friend had a RP 1961. I loved my cigar (as I knew I would) The 61 was enjoyed but it kicked his butt since he rarely smokes. And sadly the Perdomo exploded. My brother made it last at long as he could, but it was pretty mangled. The wrapper just split and it was game over :- My humidity has been suffering recently with this weather so that may have been the cause.

He said it was very tasty though and he did enjoy it....so that was good. He likes my RP Connecticut's so I figured he would enjoy this.

As it turns out, over new years him and his buddy took two of my RP Conni's and smoked them back at his place. I was out for the night so I never knew. And of course I never noticed they were missing. If it would have been anybody but my brother I might have been a little mad. Now I just hope one day he buys his own humi so I can steal.....er borrow, from it!
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Tonight's smoke is a Gurkha Titan robusto from the weekend blitz deal. This is the second one of these I've smoked and man, what a great stick! It is awesome in every respect. Perfect burn, draw, great full flavor, lots of smoke, killer long finish, an all round fan-freakin-tastic smoke :^) I was stoked to see them for the weekend blitz, just wish I could of got more...
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    sightunseen:
    txjayhawk:
    sightunseen:
    Going to try a Padilla Cazadores. Not sure what to expect, which is half the reason why I love this hobby.
    thats what I am going to have tonight. I have had a couple...but this one has been resting for about 2 months. I realyl enjoyed the previous ones...let me know what you think.
    Kind of underwhelmed by the cigar. It had a really grassy taste throughout, which I didn't care for, and not much else. It's been resting for about a month and I suspect it needed more time. I also thought I caught a hint of something chemically (possibly ammonia?) before I lit it. What are your thoughts on this stick?
    that is how one of mine was...but I kind of forgot about them for 4 months or so and really enjoyed them. They are a good change up from the heavy full-bodied smokes I usually enjoy. Speaking of that...had a great Indian Tabak Super Fuerte Maduro last night. I dont know what it is about that smoke but I love it.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I hit a Lot 23 Maduro Robusto, a IT Classic Teepee, and a IT SF Maduro Toro.

Hey fl-g (or anyone else who's had one), how did you like the Lot 23 maddy? I have a single resting in the humi, waiting until spring or summer to bust it out. Never had one and was curious what you thought - I haven't seen alot of talk about these.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    fla-gypsy:

Hey fl-g (or anyone else who's had one), how did you like the Lot 23 maddy? I have a single resting in the humi, waiting until spring or summer to bust it out. Never had one and was curious what you thought - I haven't seen alot of talk about these.
    Very tasty. Much different flavor profile from the natural but still very good. Burn it!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Heavy:
    fla-gypsy:

Very tasty. Much different flavor profile from the natural but still very good. Burn it!
    I think it just got bumped up in the rotation...thanks!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    txjayhawk:
    sightunseen:
    txjayhawk:
    sightunseen:
    Going to try a Padilla Cazadores. Not sure what to expect, which is half the reason why I love this hobby.
    thats what I am going to have tonight. I have had a couple...but this one has been resting for about 2 months. I realyl enjoyed the previous ones...let me know what you think.
    Kind of underwhelmed by the cigar. It had a really grassy taste throughout, which I didn't care for, and not much else. It's been resting for about a month and I suspect it needed more time. I also thought I caught a hint of something chemically (possibly ammonia?) before I lit it. What are your thoughts on this stick?
    that is how one of mine was...but I kind of forgot about them for 4 months or so and really enjoyed them. They are a good change up from the heavy full-bodied smokes I usually enjoy. Speaking of that...had a great Indian Tabak Super Fuerte Maduro last night. I dont know what it is about that smoke but I love it.
    Yea, the Cazadores was definitely a change of pace. I have a Dominus that I've been eyeing for a while now. Maybe I'll get to it sometime this week. The IT Super Fuerte Maduro sounds intriguing. I think I'm going to add that to my list.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had a camacho pre embargo last night. I really enjoyed this cigar and a big thanks to Goldy.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had a camacho pre embargo last night. I really enjoyed this cigar and a big thanks to Goldy.
    I really like that stick. I have 3 resting right now for the right occation. I might break 1 out today for a surprise birthday party I'm going to.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Sandman1am:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I really like that stick. I have 3 resting right now for the right occation. I might break 1 out today for a surprise birthday party I'm going to.
    I have about 12 resting. Maybe less now.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Sandman1am:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Damnn Wheelie, are you trying to corner the market on the PEs I have one, and that one will be the cigar I smoke on my deathbed.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    just having a RP 90 toro - must say this is one of the better vitolas for me in the 90 series - I have had the churchill, robusto, torp, and now this - robustos just don't seem to have the same flavor profile - oh well, now i am back to liking the 90's again - great smoke
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:
    Sandman1am:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Damnn Wheelie, are you trying to corner the market on the PEs I have one, and that one will be the cigar I smoke on my deathbed.
    I found a deal a while back that had 3 for $30 and I bought 9. I think I had a few before that too when they were offered in the custom sampler. I could have gotten more but I have enough to see how they age.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Not a bad deal for the PE. I was lucky to catch a box on auction for like $220 or so early last year, super stoked about that as I really enjoy the PE and I know they won't be around forever.

Well the rain is just waiting to start coming down, fortunately it held off long enough for me to get in a Perdomo ESV '91 second toro and a CAO La Traviata toro. Both were very tasty, the CAO was a little tight. And to quote The Eurythmics: " here comes the rain again."
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Oo, I was thinking about what cigar I was going to smoke tomorrow - thanks Joz3r, I think I'll go with a La Traviata.
  • Options
    I had a My Father Le Bijou 1922 for lunch yesterday, I was not impressed. It had almost a burnt taste that was not tto my liking. I had a Nub Cameroon on the ride home, which I liked better. Today, I had a Fonseca Cubano Viso Fuerte for lunch. It was a very good, and budget friendly cigar. I had another Exodus 1959 50th Aniversary for the ride home today. I did not mind the Atlanta traffic at all.
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    First ever Red Label House Blend.... burned very well, great construction, much better than the Brazilian and the Blue Label.... 89/100
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    5 Vegas Limitada 07 tonight. I'm in the middle on this one, not bad at all, but nothing really great either...
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    had a Camacho Liberty 09 last night. Pretty good. I will smoke this one again.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Padilla 1932 Robusto. You old timers know this is one of my go to cigars. I've smoked at least 20 -30 of these and never had a bad. Some burn funny but that seems to be a Padilla trait.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    j0z3r:
    Not a bad deal for the PE. I was lucky to catch a box on auction for like $220 or so early last year, super stoked about that as I really enjoy the PE and I know they won't be around forever.

Well the rain is just waiting to start coming down, fortunately it held off long enough for me to get in a Perdomo ESV '91 second toro and a CAO La Traviata toro. Both were very tasty, the CAO was a little tight. And to quote The Eurythmics: " here comes the rain again."
    I might try the La Traviata tonight - I have only had it resting for about two weeks in my humi but excited to try it - I just finished the RP last night right when it started raining so I was lucky as well
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had a Nica Libre torpedo last night. I can always count on that stick for being delicious. Tonight I'm going to try a Cuba Libre (I see a pattern forming...). Never had it before so we shall see how it goes.
  • Options
    El Primer Mundo Criollo Maduro Torpedo followed by CAO La Traviata. EPM was excellent as always. Tried LT again after not liking the first one. This one was much better with some age on it.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Had a Nica Libre torpedo last night. I can always count on that stick for being delicious. Tonight I'm going to try a Cuba Libre (I see a pattern forming...). Never had it before so we shall see how it goes.
    I really like the Nica Libre, (daily deal yesterday helped me pick up several more !) but the Cuba Libre is not my taste.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    IT Classic Teepee, IT SF Maduro Toro, Nicarao Toro, IT SF Maduro Belicoso. It was an all Rocky blend day.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I've had several since I got home...

Camacho Triple Maduro... amazing!
    Liga Privada
    Punch Upper Cut
    Partagas Black

Others I cant recall... It's been a decent week for cigars for me. I picked up a couple LFD double Ligero maduro Chisels, as well as a couple more hard to find smokes.
  • Options
    ejenne87:

Liga Privada
    Punch Upper Cut
    Partagas Black

Others I cant recall... It's been a decent week for cigars for me. I picked up a couple LFD double Ligero maduro Chisels, as well as a couple more hard to find smokes.
    How was the Upper Cut?

I had a La Cuna bin no. 85 .... it rated as an 'ehhh'
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    shamrocked:
    j0z3r:

I might try the La Traviata tonight - I have only had it resting for about two weeks in my humi but excited to try it - I just finished the RP last night right when it started raining so I was lucky as well
    I picked up a La Traviata this weekend at the B&M, I'm gonna let it rest a week or so, but I am eager to give it a whirl.

Right now I am almost done with an Illusione MK12....ahhhh, the good life.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    ejenne87:

Liga Privada
    Punch Upper Cut
    Partagas Black

How was the Upper Cut?

I would rate the uppercut about the same... It was def. full bodied, but lacking a little in the flavor. I want to give it another shot though because I feel it had some potential with a little rest on it. I smoked it fresh from the B&M... I think a month in a stable humi would do this smoke a lot of good.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    madurofan:
    ejenne87:

Liga Privada
    Punch Upper Cut
    Partagas Black

How was the Upper Cut?

I would rate the uppercut about the same... It was def. full bodied, but lacking a little in the flavor. I want to give it another shot though because I feel it had some potential with a little rest on it. I smoked it fresh from the B&M... I think a month in a stable humi would do this smoke a lot of good.
    Yea the very full bodied smokes tend to do nicely with some age. Did you notice any hints of ammonia through the nose or a "bite" as you got towards the end?