Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    IT Teepee IT SF Maduro Toro IT SF Maduro Belicoso 5 vegas "AAA" Nicarao Toro Not a bad day at all
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Wednesday night I had my one and only Padron Family Reserve Natural. This cigar was good and bad. It's hard to explain but somewhere near the middle I started to get a Ammonia flavor for a few minutes then it went away. Near the end it started up again. The flavor profile definately kept changing though. The burn was ok and they draw was good. I would like to try another and a Maduro too. THis one has only been resting for 30 days. My second cigar of that night was a Graycliff 1666 Torpedo. My friend gave this to me like 6 months ago and I totally forgot about it. It was good too. This one had burning problems and the drwa was kinda tight even after I cut off another chunk. I think I have a few more of these in a different size aginf ro well over a year. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Today I started with a Nub Cameroon Torpedo 464. This one literally split the whole way down after lighting. It even went past the band to the head which sucks. It smoked ehh because of the crack but the draw and flavor were good. My second was a Gurkha Empire VI. The IV and the VI seem to be similar if you look at it on paper but taste wise I thought the VI was much better. The burn and draw were really good.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had one of the re-blended La Aroma de Cuba from DPG tonight, my thanks to Phil (TatuajeVI) for that one. Right off the bat you get a more dynamic flavor profile than the original blend, not to mention a hearty dose of pepper that many of us have come to love in Pepin cigars. I'm a fan of the original blend, I think it is a very tasty medium bodied cigar, this new blend is better in every way. Two thumbs up on this one.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Tonight I'm trying out an Oliveros 1927 torp OTT and am loving it! It has a perfect razor sharp burn, perfect draw, great ash retention, wonderfull aroma, and is very tasty. I think I am getting mostly a slightly nutty and rather chocolaty thing going on. Whatever it is I am diggin' it! I never would have guessed the regular price on these is $2.50 a stick in bundles if I hadn't looked it up. I am looking forward to see how they do with some time on them, good way to end the week for sure :^)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Had one of the re-blended La Aroma de Cuba from DPG tonight, my thanks to Phil (TatuajeVI) for that one. Right off the bat you get a more dynamic flavor profile than the original blend, not to mention a hearty dose of pepper that many of us have come to love in Pepin cigars. I'm a fan of the original blend, I think it is a very tasty medium bodied cigar, this new blend is better in every way. Two thumbs up on this one.
    Well, joe and I both hit the same cigar yesterday, I enjoyed this one too, One thing I noticed, it burned far better than some I've had in the past... so that was a good thing.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I haven't been on here as much lately because our new "Internet Usage Policy" at work says we can't be online unless it is for work purposes. So that sucks, but I really haven't smoked anything lately either so I've just been missing out on what everyone else has to say. After tonight I have a few days off though and I'm planning a poker game with some buddies so I should be having some good smokes soon!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I feel ya Puro ...I have not been on as much latly either. My new job resticts internet usage as well plus all the med problems with pops-in -law and my dads health declining as well its been a full plate to just try to do the things I have to do in a day!!! Have been burning a few good sticks at work though.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Well, joe and I both hit the same cigar yesterday, I enjoyed this one too, One thing I noticed, it burned far better than some I've had in the past... so that was a good thing.
    Yes, the burn on mine was superb, I had to relight once when I left it alone to attend to some business, but 15 minutes will do that to any cigar. I was very impressed with the cigar overall.
  • Options
    La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte 5x56
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    j0z3r:
    Wow, you didn't waste anytime, lol. Glad you liked it, and I had a very similar experience with the one I had a few weeks ago.

I had some burn issues with my first one, but I've got one more in the humidor. I'll give it ago in March and see if that helps a bit. But just wait till you smoke that new San Cristobal. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Onyx Reserve as I take a break from doing my taxes. Later I will have a DPG My Father that I picked up in Nov as a pat on the back to myself for finishing the taxes.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Miami Robusto. I would not give it a 94.....
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    5 Vegas Limitada 2008.......again. Just can't get enough of maduro's.
  • Options
    8-10 inches of snow and cold as, well , as 20 degrees and snowing again.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Well it's 2 degrees here tonight and I am going to go sit in a 106 degree hot tub under the stars and have a Cohiba Black supremo.....
  • Options
    I had a Perdomo Habano Connecticut and a 5 Vegas Miami yesterday. Today was La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte, followed by Omar Ortez-Danger do not try this one.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Diamondog:
    Well it's 2 degrees here tonight and I am going to go sit in a 106 degree hot tub under the stars and have a Cohiba Black supremo.....

Well then, that makes my 20 degrees here in WI look sweet!
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Just finished a DR Cohiba Robusto. Not the same flavor of the ISOM Cohiba, but you can't fault the costruction, burn, ash and draw. Truly a class act.

• Options
    Just had a Don Collins Lonsdale LF for the first time and really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    Gurkha Vintage Shaggy... great smoke... enjoyed the aroma on light all the way to the nub, excellent draw, earthy and leather from 1/3 on down, cedar and spice throughout 91/100
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    smoked a Gurkha Park Ave. today. this was pretty good for a value stick. headed to the b/m for tonights stick as i am out of town and out of sticks
  • Options
    Had a few today. Started off with a Perdomo Lot 23 natural robusto, good as always. Next up was a well aged Joya de Nicaragua Clasico that Tony (Alien) sent me, I could definitely see the age on it, but quite frankly I think it was past its prime, flavors seemed a bit washed out. Later was a Camacho Liberty '09 which I've gotta say was a bit disappointing, it started out medium bodied with muddled flavors and nothing really great, by the halfway point it had progressed to a more full bodied, full flavored cigar, but over the whole course of the cigar nothing jumped out at me saying this was a really good cigar, and this was supposed to rival the best the Liberty line has to offer...I have 2 more, so I'll give it a fair chance, but based on this one I'm not impressed. Finally I finished up with one of the new San Cristobal del Sol robustos, now this one did impress, full flavored with a medium-full body bordering on full from the start with a nice flavor progression throughout, I think I like this one more than the regular SC, but I'll have to smoke one of the original blend to be sure. Overall a pretty good day.
  • Options
    DPG Serie JJ torpedo. Prelight draw reminded me a lot of chaw. To be exact, beech nut so kinda raisiny. Hard to get a good bit of smoke at first but it really opened up! My pallet isn't refined enough to discern all the flavors but I can tell you I like it!!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    I feel ya Puro ...I have not been on as much latly either. My new job resticts internet usage as well plus all the med problems with pops-in -law and my dads health declining as well its been a full plate to just try to do the things I have to do in a day!!! Have been burning a few good sticks at work though.
    I'm sorry to hear about all the family health issues G-man. I'll burn a couple sticks for ya this weekend! Oh, and is the place you work hiring? I'd love to be able to smoke while I'm at work! Lucky F*cker! haha
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a nice quick little Bolivar #3
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Yesterday had an Opus X Super Belicoso and a Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro. Both were two of the best cigars I have ever had. Instantly they were in my top 5. Today I started with an Oliva Connecticut Reserve. Now what to smoke tonight? Was considering CAO Soprano.
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    I'm on day six without a cigar thanks to the sinus infection from hell
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    I'm sorry to hear about all the family health issues G-man. I'll burn a couple sticks for ya this weekend! Oh, and is the place you work hiring? I'd love to be able to smoke while I'm at work! Lucky F*cker! haha

Haha as a matter of fact they are hiring Puro. If you don't mind being treated like crap by the upstanding general public , working long hours with no actual starting time or quitting time, can multi-task like a mother , and don't mind your supervisors looking at you like you've lost your mind when you question some of the un-godly rediculous stuff they ask you to do or straighten out their FUBAR messes but it does pay really really well . Thats what keeps me putting on a game face every day , that and remember, the customer has YOUR paycheck in HIS back pocket !!!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I had my first 5Vegas Triple A ....... and i must say that i really dig it ....... its right there with the Cask II as my favorite 5Vegas
  • Options
    Completed 5 Vegas AAA about 4 pm.