Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    R&J 1875 Cuban. A classic that I always enjoy!

• Options
    Padilla Obsidian from CCOM. This one had a decent draw, and was very good.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Alec Bradley Pryme with about 8 months on it, damn it is sad that I only have a few of these left and they are no longer available.......
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Having a RP Signature right now. Very woody with a bit of pepper
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    F|ired up another Romeo y Julieta 1895 Churchill isom, wonderful!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started off with a Camacho SLR toro, I like the maduro a lot more, the natural is really missing something, it's an ok cigar but not one I'm likely to buy in the future. Later was a Camacho Select super robusto, that's an awesome cigar right there, I've got to hand it to Julio Eiroa for his blending abilities on this one, I think it's one of the best Camacho cigars period. To round out the day I lit up an H. Upmann Magnum 46 tubo that I've patiently saved for a little more than a year, smooth, rich flavor and strong, gotta get some more of these babies.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I need a cigar BADLY!!! Just getting off the sniffles so we'll hopefully see soon!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    PuroFreak:
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    Had my first Cubao early, it was a robusto. Damn good flavor, burn was a little uneven and needed some minor touch-ups, but nothing too bad. I'm glad I got a 5er of them, I'd hate to not have one or two of these on hand.
    I've had a couple of the Cubao cigars and enjoyed them very much as well. I was in the local shop here the other day looking at the Cubao Maduro and think I'm going to have to try it out pretty soon.
    I liked the Cubao Maduro, it really does carry the sweetness of a maduro to that smoke. I still think I like the Cubao natural a little bit better. Both are great IMO.
    Thanks for the info Brandon, I'll have to pick up a couple. I was looking at then the other day, but went with the JDN Dark Corojo instead. It was also a damn good smoke.
    Had a Cubao natural that was absolutely amazing in December. I ordered a bunch the next day and they're resting for another day. :)

Last night, I smoked a Ghurka Empire (I think? lol, label your dang cigars, wtf!!) It was good - nothing special, but it had good flavor. Followed that with a Camacho SLR. I enjoyed this more - better burn and more body to it. Very nice cigar.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I enjoyed a nice, short, CAO Cameroon last night. It was a good robusto size which fit the bill. It was very tasty, but not as good at the NUB.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Got one in yesterday. A Nub Habano 466. I am not a fan of the Habano but this one was tasty. Much different than any other I had. The burn sucked but the taste and draw were good. Maybe it was the size. I can't remember if I have had the 466 Habano before.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Tonight I think I'll be smoking a Gurkha Black Dragon or a Cain Maduro. Haven't made up my mind yet. Then again, it may change completely right before I smoke.

It's hard to choose in this weather because I don't know when my next chance to smoke a stick will be. Timing is everything when you're limited in your places to enjoy a smoke.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I had an Oliva CT. Reserve on the way into the office this morning. It had perfect construction, nice even burn, no issues after ashing, it was nice to have that. However, it was too bland. I know it's a mild, but I like milds usually. The 5 Vegas Gold is great and has good flavor (imo), so I was a bit surprised by just how bland the Ct Reserve was. Anyone feel the same way or is my palate changing?
  • Options
    Had a Montecristo #2 not a huge fan of Monte's but it was the stick I had.....
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Todays line up. Cu-avana Natural, Cu-avana Maduro, Cu-avana Intenso, Gran Habano Corojo #5
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Todays line up. Cu-avana Natural, Cu-avana Maduro, Cu-avana Intenso, Gran Habano Corojo #5
    Sounds like you had a mild morning.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    sightunseen:
    fla-gypsy:
    Sounds like you had a mild morning.
    The natural was pretty mild but at 6 am with coffee it was pretty good. Nice flavor. The Maduro was better and a little more body. The Intenso, WOW, those are good. This was my first Corojo #5 and I was pleased with that choice as well.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a DE Natural Big Dirt Torpedo from the DOD on my way to work.
    I'm so shocked I liked it, it was well constructed, burned perfectly and tasted like pound cake.
    It paired very well with my breakfast of Banana and Hot Cocoa.

The ride home stick was a Sol Cubano CC maybe it's me but it was just average... kinda had burn issues. Maybe I'll let them rest a little and see how they do....
  • Options
    at 7 this mornin i enjoyed a a beautiful cain f with a nice cup of strong columbian dark roast (black of course) GREAT way to start my day. now what should i finish with???
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    RP Vintage 1992 Churchll.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte. This is a great full bodied smoke. Tim recommended this one to me, if you like the Diesel and the AAA you owe it to yourself to try it. I'll be picking up a full box soon to take to an upcoming convention.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Smoking one of our Forum Blend Maduros, damn these are good, almost have 6 months on them now. I really really really wish I had more of these, lol.
  • Options
    Just finished a Rocky Patel Sungrown that's been sittin in the humi for about 6 or 7 months. WOW What a slow burning, great smoke! These just keep getting better and better. I'm really going to miss these when they're gone.

• Options
    CAO gold connie , followed by Illusione 88. My first Illusione, but not my last. A very potent stick!
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    5 Vegas Relic. This was my second go on this one and I gotta say, not diggin' it too much. Oh well, they can't all be winners...
  • Options
    Duder2:
    5 Vegas Relic. This was my second go on this one and I gotta say, not diggin' it too much. Oh well, they can't all be winners...
    You and hays do look like each other!!!!
  • Options
    Duder2:
    I love the 5 Vegas Relic! If you have some left, let me know. Maybe we can make a trade or something.

• Options
    This afternoon it will be a H upmann Coronas Major
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Duder2:

I didn't like it either....
  • Options
    Started lastnight off with a Punch Uppercut...wasnt expecting much, but I really really enjoyed it. Kind of a quick burn for the size, but it had great taste all the way down to burning my fingers. There was a very mild spice that started about 1/4 into it and it maintained all the way through. After that, moved to a LHCOF. Gotta love 'em! Prolly have an Indian Tabak super fuerte or bison at the dog park this afternoon...
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm plannin' to burn an RP Connie this afternoon at our regular Saturday afternoon herf over at the Moose Lodge. Lotsa lodges (Moose, Elks, etc) have smoking rooms for the members and guests. A great situation for you guys back east in all that snow & ice.

Marty