Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had a Gurkha Shaggy with over a year of age on Friday afternoon to start. Then went to a Fuente Sun Grown Belicoso which I've had about a year. I didn't like it for some reason. I got some amonia taste from it that I guess the age will not fix.

Yesterday I got a Fuente 8-5-8 in but I didn't get to finish it. A good reliable stick!!!!!
  • Options
    El Primer Mundo Rosado Oscuro Figurado, followed by a My Father for the big game. My Father unraveled on me losing its wrapper! That's not supposed to happen. Very flavorful stick anyway.
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    Gurkha Royal Brigade, Gurkha Shaggy, and a NUb Cammie
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I had a Oliva MB3 before the game. Like every Oliva I have had it was a very good, quality cigar but lacked any wow factor. With the other Olivas and their price tag they didn't need the wow factor to rate as pretty damn good IMO. But I expected more from the MB3. It wasn't that it was bad, it just wasn't impressive. I've had a bad string of just ok cigars lately.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I had a Oliva MB3 before the game. Like every Oliva I have had it was a very good, quality cigar but lacked any wow factor. With the other Olivas and their price tag they didn't need the wow factor to rate as pretty damn good IMO. But I expected more from the MB3. It wasn't that it was bad, it just wasn't impressive. I've had a bad string of just ok cigars lately.
    Really? Every MB3 I've had has wowed me, I love those sticks. As a matter of fact, if you have any more you want to get rid of, let me know, maybe we can work something out, lol.

Right now I am in the middle of a Tatuaje House Blend from Puro, man I love these, I still can't believe the amount of flavor packed into these little suckers.
  • Options
    Pretty sure that was my last one. Sorry Tony.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started off with one Maddy sent me, a CAO Habano robusto which is available from one place...the first thing that struck me about the cigar was that it was stronger than I had anticipated, due in part I'm sure to it being the first stick on an empty stomach, and there were some parts where the flavor would really shine through, on the whole though I didn't think it was great, it was very tasty from the middle of the first third to about the middle of the second third and the rest was pretty typical CAO, not bad but nothing special...thanks Maddy for the cigar though, I doubt I'd have ever tried, or ever heard of, it had you not sent me one. To finish off my day I settled down with an El Triunfador which is, for my money, one of the best lanceros out there, rich flavor, good balance of strength and just a beauty to look at, not my first and far from my last.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    txjayhawk:
    fla-gypsy:
    I had a Cu-avana intenso and a Padilla Cazadores
    what did you think of the cazadores? I have been enjoying that little bit of sweetness in my scotches and cigars latly...just curious of your opinion.
    Have you had a 601 red label habano. It has a delicious mix of sweet and spicy. I also really like a touch of sweetness with certain cigars and coupled with the Pepin spice this is a damn good one for that kind of thing.
    I will have to keep a look out for those...i like the Cazedores cuz they are kinda on the cheaper side.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just had a Bolivar #3 isom not much to it, its biggest asset is that it's small enough for me to take a break at work and smoke
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Started off with one Maddy sent me, a CAO Habano robusto which is available from one place...the first thing that struck me about the cigar was that it was stronger than I had anticipated, due in part I'm sure to it being the first stick on an empty stomach, and there were some parts where the flavor would really shine through, on the whole though I didn't think it was great, it was very tasty from the middle of the first third to about the middle of the second third and the rest was pretty typical CAO, not bad but nothing special...thanks Maddy for the cigar though, I doubt I'd have ever tried, or ever heard of, it had you not sent me one. To finish off my day I settled down with an El Triunfador which is, for my money, one of the best lanceros out there, rich flavor, good balance of strength and just a beauty to look at, not my first and far from my last.
    Thats about my opinion on the Habano. But its one of those cigars that is extremely rare. How often does one get to smoke a cigar out of CAO's Escaparate Collection?

Did you hear that Pete is going to make El Truinfador into a full line? First one out is going to be a robusto.
  • Options
    Totally forgot...had a Sherpa for the first time out on the golf course. Tons of smoke, burned great and tasted great. Wish the golf game was as good as the cigar...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    Thats about my opinion on the Habano. But its one of those cigars that is extremely rare. How often does one get to smoke a cigar out of CAO's Escaparate Collection?

Did you hear that Pete is going to make El Truinfador into a full line? First one out is going to be a robusto.
    I heard about this a while back and was pretty excited about it. The Triunfador lanceros were fantastic. I split a box of them with a buddy of mine back in Oct and still have most of mine. The draw was a bit tight when I first got them, but they do loosen up a lot with a little time on them.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:

I heard about this a while back and was pretty excited about it. The Triunfador lanceros were fantastic. I split a box of them with a buddy of mine back in Oct and still have most of mine. The draw was a bit tight when I first got them, but they do loosen up a lot with a little time on them.
    A lancero tastes so much different than a robusto would due to the wrapper to filler ratio so I hope they are as good.

The tight draw is typical of a lancero, I often find I have to roll them around in my hand a little.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:

A lancero tastes so much different than a robusto would due to the wrapper to filler ratio so I hope they are as good.

The tight draw is typically of a lancero, I often find I have to roll them around in my hand a little.
    Yea, lanceros typically do have a more tight draw, but I've noticed the Triunfador's draw gets better after about 6 months. I love those cigars!
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Last night I had a Rocky Patel OWR Series "A" size. It was the second broken stick of that same size, and had to be cut beyond the band before I could find a chunk of it that would smoke. Even with me butchering it that way, it wasn't too bad. ccom has already replaces both of those broken sticks, so thank you Jeff for that. I really did try to smoke what I could of them, but it's just not the same when you have to fight the unravelling and uneven burn due to the cigar splitting appart.

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Cu-avana Maduro Robusto, GH Corojo #5 Robusto x2, Cu-avana Intenso Robusto
  • Options
    GarheadGarhead Posts: 41
    Just lit up a GH 3 Siglos Toro.......mmmmm.....
  • Options
    I had a Hoyo De Monterrey Coronation tonight, very enjoyable, leathery and earthy and some spice in there too......
  • Options
    Cusano 18 Double Maduro, Oliva rep tossed me a free G while at the B&M. I love the BOTL!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    IT Maduro SF that I got from Clearlysuspect. Don't want to jinx myself, but I know it's going to be good.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    On Super Bowl Sunday had a forum blend maduro...even better now with a little time under his belt.
  • Options
    Luko, where ya been brother?
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Not sure what Ill have but i have one hell of a variety to c hoose from thansk to a BOTL Belated Birthday Bomb! Thanks Poker Slob Tom B. Ozzie
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    finally, finally finally had a Gurkha that did not explode, unwrap or burn lousy. It was the centurian and man was it tasty.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started off the day with a Zino Platinum perfecto, it's a tasty mild cigar, not worth retail in my opinion but a good cigar nonetheless. Next up was a Perdomo ESV '91 Phantom, which is a short robusto, that I thoroughly enjoyed, mild-medium cigars don't get much better than the ESV. Later on was a Camacho Corojo Ltd. 11/18, it was good but got a bit harsh towards the last third. Finally I cracked out one of my La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet torpedos, as much as I love the #1 size, this one wasn't nearly as good, the flavor seemed washed out and it really didn't offer much of what its skinnier, longer brother offers up in spades.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Last night I had a 5 Vegas Triple A. Wow. It was tasty! Almost a little too full-bodied for my taste though. It had loads of wonderful flavor. It reminded me a lot of the Diesel because of the tasty PA Broadleaf wrapper. It was never harsh and simply remained great.
  • Options
    I am going to fire up a Padron 1964 Anniv. Torpedo Habano. This has been resting for about 5 months or so and smells so delicious it's ridiculous!
  • Options
    Camacho Maduro followed by a Cu Avano Intenso. Not as strong as you might think, but very good smoke. It was a churchill from the COTM December offering.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Almost done with a CI Legends Orange Label, damn I had forgotten how much I like these. It has been a while since I had one, but it won't be so long between them now, lol.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Tonight was a Diesel with about three months on it, fan-freakin-tastic!