Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Gurkha regent...I've had these numerous times in the past and thought they were Ok, but this was realllllll tasty.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I had two Sol Cuban Cubano Cabinet Rubustos. We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow tonight. After about three inches, I grabbed a stick and started the snow blower. About an hour later, another inch fell, so I grabbed another stick and decided to shovel. It was more of a one handed push.
  • Im havin a Gurkah. Its a little robusto with a shaggy foot i have no idea what kind it is but its alright.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Smoked a LFD Double Ligero Chisel Maduro a couple days ago. As always, an incredible cigar. It is without question in my top ten, probably top five. Love this cigar.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    tedesco:
    Im havin a Gurkah. Its a little robusto with a shaggy foot i have no idea what kind it is but its alright.
    That would be a Gurkha Shaggy robusto. I've had a few and the first was fantastic, the second wasn't quite up to par. I think it was a bit under-humidified.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Today i got 2 sticks in. First was a Padilla Habano in the afternoon, great smoke. Tonight I paid tribute to the DD and had a Centurian and it was really good. Got more of those on the way thanks to a buddy who worked out a trade with me for a few 5 packs. Thanks Ccom for the great deals!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I had my first La Flor de Cano on Sunday. Great smoke, reminds me of something else but I can't put my finger on it right now.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Had another great cigar from the Alec Bradley line last night. Picked up a Family Blend from the B&M and this was another home run! I can honestly understand why this one made the top 25 in CA this year. Perfect burn and draw with tons of flavor! I haven't had an AB cigar yet I didn't like.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    yesterday I had a Padilla Miami Churchill (pepin blend), my last one. It was fantastic as always, actually hit some floral notes amongst a nice spice. A great smoke I will miss having every once in a while. Later I had a DPG Cuban Classic that I had done some minor repair to from a split (prolly over humidified at the shop I bought it). I was pleasantly surprise that the burn was spot on and it was an excellent smoke. Glad I took the time to repair it and let it rest about a month.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I've had a bunch the last couple of days but I can't remember them all. I know I had a 5 Vegas Limitada 2009 on Friday. If I remember, the burn was ok and then cigar itself was ok. I felt that this one might have had some issues I got a few more. I just felt that the wrapper seemed shoddy. But it may have just been me. I think I had a Gurka Rare Breed that night too. It was an ok smoke. Nothing to get excited about. I have really liked this smoke before so maybe this one was a dud. I can't remember what the third cigar was that I had.

Yesterday I had a RP Fusion Toro. This cigar was cracking and the draw felt really loose. It smoked OK. A little bitter but not much. The burn was actually pretty good for having cracks in the wrapper.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    ACID 1....... Wasn't what I was hoping for.

ACID 5......damn strike 2. I was thinking they would be more like the Opulence 3, but found out they taist like most every other ACID.
  • last night i had a nub maduro. it felt like i was smoking a browny! very one dimensional but very tasty!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Last night I had a Camacho 1962 PE. It had been a long time since I had one & I'm pretty sure when I did smoke it I probably ruined it. Nice smoke that I really enjoyed. My friend just moved back and he had a Graycliff 1666 and really liked it. Tonight we are going to continue our smoking session while watching USA hockey & MSU basketball. I'm thinking it might be time to try the 262 and follow it up with a 5 vegas Relic.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Centurian. I liked the Legend better.
  • Duder2:
    tedesco:
    Im havin a Gurkah. Its a little robusto with a shaggy foot i have no idea what kind it is but its alright.
    That would be a Gurkha Shaggy robusto. I've had a few and the first was fantastic, the second wasn't quite up to par. I think it was a bit under-humidified.
    Thanks for the name. It was a really good cigar. Definatly one of the better gurkahs ive smoked.
    GH Corojo #5 Robusto, Padilla Cazadore Toro Gordo, La Flor De Cano Selectos, Cu-avana Intenso Torpedo(It was a butt kicker too)
  • El Primer Mundo Rosado Oscuro for lunch, and a one year old RP Winter 09 for the ride home. The RP did not lose anything after resting.
  • Had a 262 Revolution Paradigm torpedo. This was the first Revolution torpedo I've smoked and enjoyed it. Big and husky, full of flavor. Tried something I've never done before - washed it down with Patron Silver tequila as a palate cleanser. Wow, the Patron brought out the citrus in the Revolution. Who'd o' thunk it?
  • TatuajeVI:
    Smoked a LFD Double Ligero Chisel Maduro a couple days ago. As always, an incredible cigar. It is without question in my top ten, probably top five. Love this cigar.
    Ditto. It's one ass-kickin sum b*tch. I love smoking that cigar, and I really like the chisel shape. It feels better in the mouth and somehow makes the cigar "easier" to smoke. I wish there were others like it.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    GH Corojo #5 Robusto, Padilla Cazadore Toro Gordo, La Flor De Cano Selectos, Cu-avana Intenso Torpedo(It was a butt kicker too)
    I just got my cu-avana torpedo's today, letting them rest a bit. How did you like it??
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Well I just got in 10 Gurkha's Cuban Legacy's so I am going to give one a shot right out of the box. I did a box trade with lilwing88 on these so I am looking forward to them!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    bushwood:
    TatuajeVI:
    Ditto. It's one ass-kickin sum b*tch. I love smoking that cigar, and I really like the chisel shape. It feels better in the mouth and somehow makes the cigar "easier" to smoke. I wish there were others like it.
    As I remember, Litto Gomez makes another cigar in the chisel shape in his own name brand. Don't quote me on that, lol.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    bushwood:
    TatuajeVI:
    As I remember, Litto Gomez makes another cigar in the chisel shape in his own name brand. Don't quote me on that, lol.
    thats true. the B&M where the herf is on the 27th carries them.

today i smoked a Man-o-War that had about 16 months on it. as far as i can tell that thing ages fairly well.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Perdomo ESV '91 double corona second to start off my day, I can't get over how much I like these and how cheap they are. Later was an Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum, much better than the first one I had which, admittedly, I smoked fresh out of the mailbox and was over-humidified and the cigar suffered for it. Last up was a pair of Padron 3000 naturals with about 14 months on them, I'd been straying away from Padron for some reason and tonight I remembered why they are one of my favorite cigars...always nice to get back in touch with an old friend.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    TatuajeVI:
    bushwood:
    TatuajeVI:
    Litto Gomez Diez...a dominican puro that is fantastic in my opinion
  • fla-gypsy:
    what did you think of the Casadores Toro Gordo? I have a few resting, a few toros and a few toro gordos. And I love the Cu-Avana intenso!! man what a great stick.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had the handy Puros Indios Special Age...
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Just finished a Oliva Conn Reserve torpedo. Great morning smoke although not as mild as I thought it would be which is OK with me.
    letsgowithbob:
    fla-gypsy:
    I just got my cu-avana torpedo's today, letting them rest a bit. How did you like it??
    The longer they rest the better they are. It is one of my favs!
    txjayhawk:
    fla-gypsy:
    what did you think of the Casadores Toro Gordo? I have a few resting, a few toros and a few toro gordos. And I love the Cu-Avana intenso!! man what a great stick.
    The Cazadores need to rest a bit and I find the draw almost too good. I use a punch or V cut to limit how much air I pull on them. The first half is nothing special but when it hits the sweet spot it comes around nice. Only a medium in body. I think this would be better in a smaller size. It is one honking cigar in your hand.