Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    urbino:
    With that as inspiration, I think I'll try one of those, myself. Thanks, KCW.
    The Tempus was an interesting experience. The first 2/3 were excellent. Rich flavor, nice complexity, good burn & draw. Then it turned bitter in the last third. Then, right at the end, it recovered.

I don't think I've ever had that happen. Usually, when a cigar goes bitter on me in the last third, that's it; you're screwed. It's going to stay bitter. I've never had one come back to center like this.

All in all, I enjoyed it. I'm thinking this cigar will age well.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    urbino:
    urbino:
    The Tempus was an interesting experience. The first 2/3 were excellent. Rich flavor, nice complexity, good burn & draw. Then it turned bitter in the last third. Then, right at the end, it recovered.

I don't think I've ever had that happen. Usually, when a cigar goes bitter on me in the last third, that's it; you're screwed. It's going to stay bitter. I've never had one come back to center like this.

All in all, I enjoyed it. I'm thinking this cigar will age well.
    The Family Blend is even better than the Tempus IMO. If ever wanna give them a shot and have trouble finding them, just holla at me. They have plenty on hand here at my local shop.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I went out and enjoyed a wonderful CAO MX2 that I received as a gift from Alien. I wanted to let it rest a little bit longer but I couldn't wait!! It was everything I thought it would be. I love a good maduro and this fit the bill perfectly. It had a few burn issues but I attributed that to the lack of rest in the humi.

Last night I went out and tried a Java by Drew Estate. It was.....interesting. It was very unique and certainly not a bad cigar, but not one I want to try again. The coffee undertones (well, not really an undertone) was quite good along with the chocolate. I paired it with a great local winter blend beer which is a dark beer. They went great together but this is still not a cigar I would often reach for. It also was very, very soft. I've had this for a few months now and it was always soft so I know it wasn't a humidity issue. Even so it burned perfectly and very slowly, but started unwrapping at the foot. It was incredibly difficult to cut because it was so damn soft!!! Honestly I've never felt a cigar like this. It was odd.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    The Family Blend is even better than the Tempus IMO. If ever wanna give them a shot and have trouble finding them, just holla at me. They have plenty on hand here at my local shop.
    Mucho thankso, Puro. I just may take you up on that.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Just got done with a 5 Vegas CSII that has been with me for about 4 months and it was awesome!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas Classic last night....
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Puffing on a 601 Green Oscuro right now with the morning coffee. These are some really tasty cigars. I'm trying to take my time with this, and get the most out of enjoying myself before I have to go in to work. I hate having to go back in after my days off.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Let me know your thoughts. :) Nevermind. I just read above.
  • Options
    Gurkha Beauty. Not much flavor. Kind of flat and Light in body. Nice aroma though.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Well, for lunch I decided to smoke the first cigar from my box of RP Rennisance and now I just got done with a RP Vintage 90. The weather was great today, 60s, so I had to take advantage and get some smoking time in and some BBQ going on my smoker!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    We got some sunshine and mild temps here, today, too, Krieg. Just polished off a Perdomo ESV 91 robusto (or whatever they call the robusto) and coffee. Terrific, as always.
  • Options
    Krieg:
    Well, for lunch I decided to smoke the first cigar from my box of RP Rennisance and now I just got done with a RP Vintage 90. The weather was great today, 60s, so I had to take advantage and get some smoking time in and some BBQ going on my smoker!
    You get 1 Ataboy for the cigar and 1 for the BBQ. (Did 23#'s of Pork Spares last weekend.MMMmmm).
  • Options
    My B&M had a huge Miami/E&O event today, so I did my duty. I had a 601 Red label followed by a Murcielago. The red was good, but a bit mild for my taste. The Murcielago was my second try at the Bat. This one was much better than the one I had when they first launched last year. More full bodied than I remember, and no burn issues. I got my smoker ready for a pork shoulder tomorrow so there will be two kinds of smoke at my house tomorrow.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Todays selections were RP Rennisance and Oliveros XL Bold
  • Options
    Im smoking a Nub Habano torpedo. The taste is awsome but a bit of a burn problem. Ive had a couple and I didnt think they were that great but a little age really helped it. I still think the camroon is better.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    This afternoon I had an El Cobre Churchill with 4 years on it and it was incredible! Needless to say it got nubbed and I was very mellow and happy :^)
  • Options
    had a Padilla Habano Toro.... with my mid morning coffee after my saturday morning run....weather a little cool and damp...would say it was ok...would not be one of my top 5....anywho...just good to get out and smoke a little...sittingbull likes smoke.....
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Tatuaje P series. First time. I thought it was a good cigar for the price. Definatly not in the same ballpark as the brown label, or Havana VI series.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Duder2:
    This afternoon I had an El Cobre Churchill with 4 years on it and it was incredible! Needless to say it got nubbed and I was very mellow and happy :^)
    i have a few torps with 4 years on em.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    My morning smoke is a Casa Magna belicosa, paired with coffee, and it's just wonderful. I can't believe ccom does not have them, they are just wonderful, tasty, rich, and smooth. My local b&m has two boxes of them I'll be buying Monday morning when they open. I can't believe I had never tried them before...
  • Options
    I smoked an Ashton ESG last night before dinner, and just loved it. Good on an empty stomach, but made my steak dinner that much better.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

Yesterday's rotation

Nestor Miranda CT robusto

RP ITC 10th 2nd robusto

San Christobal robusto

5Vegas Limitada 06

• Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    sdip:

Yesterday's rotation

Nestor Miranda CT robusto

RP ITC 10th 2nd robusto

San Christobal robusto

5Vegas Limitada 06

How do you like those ITC seconds? I enjoyed the few firsts that I have had so how do these stack up?
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Last night I was going to have a MoW, but a new friend gifted me an ISOM Montecristo #2. Nice surprise, very nice smoke. Apparently, it was aged for a few years too.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Man O War Ruination in a 4 x 56 prototype size. Needs more humi time as they are still a little wet but man, Ruination still my all time favorite!
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Man O War Ruination in a 4 x 56 prototype size. Needs more humi time as they are still a little wet but man, Ruination still my all time favorite!
    What's the burn time like on that size?
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Oooh. That sounds like it might be a good size. I seem to prefer (generally) the larger ring sizes for some reason.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Thanks Alex, nice of you to share with the forum. The MOW is always great. A MOW nub killer! I started the day with a Padilla Habano torpedo from clearly suspect. Thanks Phil, it was excellent. I just finished fighting a very disappointing Nestor Miranda Special Collection Ruky. I have been waiting to try one, but they need more age. It had a harsh chemical taste with a very tight draw. I will age the rest a while before smoking them.
  • Options
    Dpg blue after lunch, la Gloria cubana right now.
  • Options
    I had a Man o war corona and latter im going to have a San Cristobal toro.