ISOM Hoyo Epicure #2
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    ISOM Hoyo Epicure #2
    Wow!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    About to sit down to a nice dinner of smoked chick quarters, fresh vegitables, and bread. After that I'm going to pour me a nice glass of Maker's Mark over ice and head out to the workshop where the wood burning stove is already fired up and light up a Cugine Connie. One of my favorite more mild smokes lately. These can be had at an amazing price and have tons of flavor!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started the day with an Occidental Reserve.Super mild stick,blended and made by Hendrick Kelner,for AB. Next was a Camacho Corojo. Smooth draw and lots of smoke. Nice stick indeed.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    About to sit down to a nice dinner of smoked chick quarters, fresh vegitables, and bread. After that I'm going to pour me a nice glass of Maker's Mark over ice and head out to the workshop where the wood burning stove is already fired up and light up a Cugine Connie. One of my favorite more mild smokes lately. These can be had at an amazing price and have tons of flavor!
    Is this a "new" Cugine? Vito used to have his sticks made by Arganese, but he's working with Alec Bradley now. He's touring around pushing the new sticks now. He's supposed to be in my area in May. I hope the price stays the same, cuz they're right in my price range.......

By the way, I'll be firing up a Cain Maduro Torp in a few.......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I had a Cu-avana intenso and a Padilla Cazadores
  • Options
    Quesada 35th serie limitada box press maduro- a long name for an awesome smoke! A few burn issues due to freshness, will get even better with age.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    enjoying a cain f courtesy of alex. wow this is totally a different stick in 100 different ways. thanks alex
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    PuroFreak:
    Is this a "new" Cugine? Vito used to have his sticks made by Arganese, but he's working with Alec Bradley now. He's touring around pushing the new sticks now. He's supposed to be in my area in May. I hope the price stays the same, cuz they're right in my price range.......

By the way, I'll be firing up a Cain Maduro Torp in a few.......
    It's actually one of the origional Cugines from Arganese. These are fantastic smokes. The maduro isn't bad, and I usually prefer maduro, but with these I think the connie is much better.
  • Options
    anytime dennis! i LOVE that stick.
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    anytime dennis! i LOVE that stick.
    I do now as well, it's like salt and pepper and everything awesome in a stick taken to another level. it's powerful and tasty all in one.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Went up to the B&M today. Took one with me(Diesel) and bought one there(JdN Antano). Diesel was ehhh, JdN was awesome as always.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I am in the middle of a CAO MX2 right now, great smoke as always. I had a Perdomo Patriarch corojo before that. It was decent, not fantastic or anything but it was pretty good. I may have one more before the night is over, but I am not sure what that may be yet...
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Evan you have a PM
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    what did you think of the cazadores? I have been enjoying that little bit of sweetness in my scotches and cigars latly...just curious of your opinion.
  • Options
    just burned a padilla miami...nice smoke. Not my number 1, but very nice smoke along side some wild turkey on a very nice 55 degree night (sorry for the 55 degree metion for all you notherner's or east coasters...)
  • Options
    just had a 1666. the first third was like a chocolate bar. tasty. not the Cain F though. either way, I'm super grateful as they were both gifts but man, it's hard to follow up a Cain
  • Options
    taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    Today I had a Gurkha Micro-batch in the morning and a Cao Brazilla in the evening. Both were pretty good smokes. The Gurkha had a nice flavor to it and it was one of the best Gurkha's that I've had so far (the Beast is still my favorite though there are still others that I have not tried yet). The Cao was an absolute treat. It had great flavor and odot as well as an even burn. I smoked it till my fingers couldn't hold it anymore.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Got in a few today. First up was a Cabaiguan corona gorda, love that cigar. Next was a failed 5 Vegas Relic, even a year of humi time couldn't fix what is wrong with that cigar, that leaves me at 1/5 on the Relic. Later on was a Liga Privada no. 9 toro, the extended rest I've given these has really helped, before they were ok with an inconsistent burn, now the flavors are on point and the burn was near flawless. To finish off the night I lit up a Camacho Coyolar toro, I've had this in three sizes now and this was by far the best, the flavors were the most pronounced and it didn't taste one-dimensional like the others I've had.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Evan you have a PM
    I never got a message from you bro...
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I just got in from enjoying a Ccom Brazilian Label. Oh man do I loooooove these!!! It started off great and continued the whole way through. Almost no harshness to this one and just plain tasty. I really prefer a great maduro even over a more complex and full-flavored stick. Especially considering the small price tag, this is one of my favorite smokes.

Ccom.....if you are reading this, job well done!
  • Options
    dennis I agree that it's pretty hard to follow that Cain! Glad I could help bro and enjoy those others!
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    dennisking:
    just had a 1666. the first third was like a chocolate bar. tasty. not the Cain F though. either way, I'm super grateful as they were both gifts but man, it's hard to follow up a Cain

Never had the Cain F but damn is it hard to follow up a Cain Maduro. I had to ditch an AB Tempus one time after smoking a Cain maduro. Tasted like nothing at all. I then light up a Pepin blended San Cristobal which was a little better but still couldnt pick out much flavor afterh that Cain.

Had a Man O War Ruination hung over on an empty stomach this morning. What an amazing smoke just outstanding. Got 4 plus inches of ash as well. Felt great smoking it cant wait to pick up another.
  • Options
    txjayhawk:
    just burned a padilla miami...nice smoke. Not my number 1, but very nice smoke along side some wild turkey on a very nice 55 degree night (sorry for the 55 degree metion for all you notherner's or east coasters...)

Uhh you lucky guy. I just moved to Albquqerque from Tampa. As if the lack of cigar culture here compared to Florida wasnt enough its damn freezing out here. Luckily it was 50 degrees in the sun today so I got one in. Id be smoking right now but its about 30 out.
  • Options
    txjayhawk:
    fla-gypsy:

what did you think of the cazadores? I have been enjoying that little bit of sweetness in my scotches and cigars latly...just curious of your opinion.

Have you had a 601 red label habano. It has a delicious mix of sweet and spicy. I also really like a touch of sweetness with certain cigars and coupled with the Pepin spice this is a damn good one for that kind of thing.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    txjayhawk:
    fla-gypsy:
    These are only 1 day off the truck so hard to really know yet. My first impression of the 6x60 is that it is a man size stick. The flavor was pleasant but not complex, it started off with an almost mild body that did build into a solid medium. The construction was spot on and burn dang near perfect. It is everything a Padilla cigar should be. I cross cut this one but I will V cut the next time as this stick is so big and the draw very good that it offered no resistance when drawing it. It might do better still being punched. Smaller versions of this stick would not have that issue. Overall I think it is a nice stick and when bargain priced I will purchase it for diversity sake in my humidor.
  • Options
    txjayhawk:
    Well it's quite a bit warmer in the Houston area than it was up here in the Dallas area. Got down in the mid 30's last night, but getting to the upper 40's and possibly the low 50's during the day today. Got the smoker fired up with the brisket and pork loin on, about to add the sausage and beef stuffed mushrooms on and fire up a cigar... Texas is a great place to live for winter cigar smoking!
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Legend Perfecto. Very nice!!!
  • Options
    This afternoon I had a mow ruination with a few cups of costa rican tarrazu coffee I picked up today. Great complement to a woderful smoke! Def one of my favorites so thanks for giving it to me evan!
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    A Cu-Avana Intenso Churchill after work and presently a Patel Edge corojo torpedo so far. Though with my alarm clock set at 3am, that will probably do it for me.