Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I managed to enjoy a Tatuaje Verocu Tubo today. My weekend plans were cancelled due to the unexpected snow and ice on the mountain. The local weather forecasters need some more training or to find new jobs......
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Finally tried a Casa Magna Colorado. Not bad, but definately not worthy of cigar of the year IMO, I probably wouldn't even put it in a top ten list.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    alienmisprint:
    Finally tried a Casa Magna Colorado. Not bad, but definately not worthy of cigar of the year IMO, I probably wouldn't even put it in a top ten list.
    Tat, another friend and I had that same conversation last night. Sometimes they are spot on other times we were wondering if they were talking about the same stick. It's all about what the individual likes.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sandman1am:
    Yesterday had an Opus X Super Belicoso and a Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro. Both were two of the best cigars I have ever had. Instantly they were in my top 5. Today I started with an Oliva Connecticut Reserve. Now what to smoke tonight? Was considering CAO Soprano.
    It was a great cigar night yesterday, man!

I had a Fuente Anejo robusto, followed by a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II. Both were oustanding. I think the winner of the night between the two of us was definitely the Padron 1964 Maduro. That was pure heaven.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Sandman1am:
    Yesterday had an Opus X Super Belicoso and a Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro. Both were two of the best cigars I have ever had. Instantly they were in my top 5. Today I started with an Oliva Connecticut Reserve. Now what to smoke tonight? Was considering CAO Soprano.
    It was a great cigar night yesterday, man!

I had a Fuente Anejo robusto, followed by a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II. Both were oustanding. I think the winner of the night between the two of us was definitely the Padron 1964 Maduro. That was pure heaven.
    The only thing that could have made last night better was to smoke with The Beard.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    I feel ya Puro ...I have not been on as much latly either. My new job resticts internet usage as well plus all the med problems with pops-in -law and my dads health declining as well its been a full plate to just try to do the things I have to do in a day!!! Have been burning a few good sticks at work though.
    I'm sorry to hear about all the family health issues G-man. I'll burn a couple sticks for ya this weekend! Oh, and is the place you work hiring? I'd love to be able to smoke while I'm at work! Lucky F*cker! haha

Haha as a matter of fact they are hiring Puro. If you don't mind being treated like crap by the upstanding general public , working long hours with no actual starting time or quitting time, can multi-task like a mother , and don't mind your supervisors looking at you like you've lost your mind when you question some of the un-godly rediculous stuff they ask you to do or straighten out their FUBAR messes but it does pay really really well . Thats what keeps me putting on a game face every day , that and remember, the customer has YOUR paycheck in HIS back pocket !!!
    Like I'm worried about being treated like crap by the general public? You do know I work for a police dept. right?? LMAO Getting kicked in the teeth for every move I make is pretty much a daily deal for us! haha You gotta love when people expect you to bring immediate order to a situation that took years to deteriorate...

Well I finally broke my dry streak tonight with a NUB Cameroon! Great smoke as always with a bit of an uneven burn, but nothing that really hurt the smoke. It was the torpedo, don't remember the exact size, but good welcome back to smoking. Will probably crack out a 100 Anos, along with a few other good smokes, later this week to celebrate a buddy of mines B-day with him.
  • Options
    cant go wrong here.... GREAT cigar IMO
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Freaking snow and cold a$$ weather. Its been days since I've smoked anything.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Come on out to California Maddy, the weather has been pretty decent. :)

Had some good ones today. First up was a Cabaiguan corona gorda, always a fantastic smoke. Next up was a PSD4, that's how I'll be calling the Partagas Serie D #4 from now one. Then came a Cubao #6 which was pretty good. To cap off the day I lit up a Cain F which just about kicked my butt. Damn good day overall.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Had a Brick house out the garage the Friday night. It was a good way to end the work week. Good cigar, good beer (Yuengling, as usual) and a good movie.....Terminator Salvation.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Damn you.
  • Options
    I cant pick what I am going to smoke tonight...could use some help. Here is what I have narrowed it down to (in no particular order): Upper Cut 5 Vegas Classic RP Decade Gurkha Blue Steel Indian Tabak Super Fuerte
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    txjayhawk:
    I cant pick what I am going to smoke tonight...could use some help. Here is what I have narrowed it down to (in no particular order): Upper Cut 5 Vegas Classic RP Decade Gurkha Blue Steel Indian Tabak Super Fuerte
    I smoked a punch uppercut the other day. I thought it was alright, but I wont be buying many more of them. Maybe just one or two to rest for a while and see how they react. I would definitely go with the Decade.
  • Options
    I am currently in the middle of a Liga Privada No. 9. This cigar is amazing, I have smoked 3 this week! I wish they were a little more affordable though. They are phenominal, full bodied, tons of smoke, lots of great flavor. I was very hesitent to pick one of these up, but I sure am glad that I did.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    ejenne87:
    txjayhawk:
    I smoked a punch uppercut the other day. I thought it was alright, but I wont be buying many more of them. Maybe just one or two to rest for a while and see how they react. I would definitely go with the Decade.
    Ditto on the decade!
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    ejenne87:
    txjayhawk:
    Ditto on the decade!
    Well...I guess that was easy! Thanks fellas!
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Put down a CAO Brazilia Gol last night; really liked it. Just a touch of spice at the beginning of the draw and full earthly cocoa flavor to complete it. Very nice will definitely be getting more of these!
  • Options
    I just lit up a perdomo habano corojo. This is a GREAT cigar. I think I might need to get a bow if it stays this good!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    IT Teepee, IT SF Maduro Belicoso, El Mejor Emerald Churchill, and a Cohiba
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to fire up a Romeo y Julieta 1895 churchill isom......
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Diamondog:
    I am going to fire up a Romeo y Julieta 1895 churchill isom......
    Nice cigar choice. I'm just getting over a head cold, so I went with a JR Alternative to the H. Upman corona (usually reserved for fishing trips, but they are brown and they burn).

• Options
    Gurkha legend beauty for lunch, and Graycliff 1666 pirate for the ride home.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had an Oliva Series V figurado this afternoon while studying. Frickin awesome cigar. Man did I wish I had eaten something heavier beforehand, though. lol. I was turning green by the last third.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Belicoso. Damn fine stick!!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Had an Oliva Series V figurado this afternoon while studying. Frickin awesome cigar. Man did I wish I had eaten something heavier beforehand, though. lol. I was turning green by the last third.
    You just don't learn do you Phil? I bet you had that dazed look on your face. I was going to smoke a Padron 64 habano but couldn't eat until later because of work etc. I didn't want to rush it so I had to pass until tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to this stick.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    Damn you.

Double damn you Joe as I look out the window for the freezing rain thats supposed to start in about 2-3 hours ...should be a real mess on top of the 8 inches of snow already there ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    Damn you.

Double damn you Joe as I look out the window for the freezing rain thats supposed to start in about 2-3 hours ...should be a real mess on top of the 8 inches of snow already there ...
    I have laundry in the drier right now and I have to go outside to get there... pretty rediculous. send some of that sun this way Joe!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    As a celebratory cigar for buying and moving into my house, I smoked one of my Partagas 150s. This cigar was cracked at the foot so the burn was off in the beginning. The draw was great. I had something weird happen. The flavor was good but the burn was producing an amonia smell. However I never got that taste at all. I found it strange to smell it and not taste it. My next smoke was a MoW Ruination from the cotm club 6 months ago. It was an ok smoke. I was expecting more strength but I didn't get it. My third and final cigar was a Blue Steel Perfecto. A decent smoke with almost a year of age on it. The burn sucked and the draw was ok.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    Damn you.

I have laundry in the drier right now and I have to go outside to get there... pretty rediculous. send some of that sun this way Joe!
    I can't control the weather unfortunately, but if any of you guys find your way out here I'd gladly buy you a cigar and would love to have a smoke with any of ya.

Got in a few today. First up was a torpedo, I have no idea what kind of cigar it was as it had no band, it was ok kinda boring and I ditched it when UPS dropped off a box full of Camachos. Next up was a Camacho 10th Anniversary 11/18 figurado, medium bodied overall with a smooth and complex flavor, I will enjoy the next one a lot more now that I know what to expect, I was anticipating the Camacho KO so my focus was less on enjoying the cigar and more on preparing for power. Last up was a Camacho Corojo Ltd. 11/18 figurado, the Ltd steps up what the regular Corojo brings to the table and I really enjoy it, not as strong in this size as the Diploma, but the bulgy figurado imparts more flavor and complexity. Good stuff.
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Last up was a Camacho Corojo Ltd. 11/18 figurado, the Ltd steps up what the regular Corojo brings to the table and I really enjoy it, not as strong in this size as the Diploma, but the bulgy figurado imparts more flavor and complexity. Good stuff.
    ~~~ I really like the 11/18 Limited... smoked one the other night after 6+ months rest... it started medium but continued to ramp up and got nearly full by nub... some really nice spice notes in the profile.