ejenne87:
    madurofan:
    ejenne87:
    I've had several since I got home...

Camacho Triple Maduro... amazing!
    Liga Privada
    Punch Upper Cut
    Partagas Black

Others I cant recall... It's been a decent week for cigars for me. I picked up a couple LFD double Ligero maduro Chisels, as well as a couple more hard to find smokes.
    How was the Upper Cut?

I had a La Cuna bin no. 85 .... it rated as an 'ehhh'
    I would rate the uppercut about the same... It was def. full bodied, but lacking a little in the flavor. I want to give it another shot though because I feel it had some potential with a little rest on it. I smoked it fresh from the B&M... I think a month in a stable humi would do this smoke a lot of good.
    Yea the very full bodied smokes tend to do nicely with some age. Did you notice any hints of ammonia through the nose or a "bite" as you got towards the end?
    There was a very unpleasent sting through the nose with this one. It might have been a bit of ammonia. I had the robusto and smoked 3/4 of it. It was a bit too harsh on the finish for me to enjoy the whole thing. I didn't hate it, it just didn't really live up ot the expectations I guess. If you have any, let them sit for at least a little while. These could be good right away, but they need to stabilize first.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    having a Padron Maduro 4000. so far so good. thanks Brandon
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started with 2 Pedomo Lot 23 natural robustos, these are becoming a habit and I like it. I finished off me day with a Camacho 1962 PE, this one came off as considerably stronger than those I've had in the past, left me really feeling it in my gut.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Nica Libre Imperial. Tasty smoke to end a good day :^)
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just had a Romeo y Julieta Vintage Maduro normally I enjoy this smoke but this one had a bad draw, too tight, tried to open it up but couldn't really grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    left me really feeling it in my gut.
    Thats only bc you are getting soft in your old age.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    That could be. Getting soft in the gut and gray in the head...I'm looking for my SSI check next week. :)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    man.... i wanna smoke a cigar.

ive been sick and i cant taste or smell anything.

this sucks.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    man.... i wanna smoke a cigar.

ive been sick and i cant taste or smell anything.

this sucks.
    Suck, man. My friend's been congested for about a week and he's been inhaling hot sauce to clear up his sinuses. It works for about half an hour. This could be a good time to smoke all your crap cigars (if you have any).
  • Options
    Oh, and I am planning on having a Padilla Dominus tonight. Very excited, especially after watching the video review that was posted here.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    That could be. Getting soft in the gut and gray in the head...I'm looking for my SSI check next week. :)
    You buy a damn house yet?
  • Options
    I have a CAO Criollo calling my name tonight. Unless of course I meet up with Scrambler tonight. I'm waiting on a text back.
  • Options
    I have an LFD Double Ligero 660 poised and ready for the evening
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I have a CAO Criollo calling my name tonight. Unless of course I meet up with Scrambler tonight. I'm waiting on a text back.
    Heard back from Scrambler. We'll head somewhere and get a fine smoke I'm sure.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    It's gonna be a gooooooooood night for you.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    dennisking:
    based on your recommendation.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    IT Classic Teepee, 5 Vegas AAA, IT SF Maduro Belicoso, LHCOF Belicoso. Nice day on sticks.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I had a 3 cigar day yesterday. Probably the most I've smoked in one day ever, lol. Started with a DPG Series JJ Maduro, had a CAO La Traviata later on at the bar (wow!) and finished with a CAO Brazillia. All great smokes. I think the La Traviata won the night for interesting flavor. Very different flavors than anything I'd smoked before. Couldn't put my finger on what it was, but I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    Graycliff 1666 PGX.... 2/3 to nub was like smoking a cedar plank...but not necessarily in a bad way.... canoed real bad from start to finish... REALLY thick smoke!!! 86/100
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    In the middle of an Alec Bradley Sungrown, man, AB has done it again, another phenominal smoke! I seem to love every stick they put out.
  • Options
    El Primer Mundo Connecticut shade, followed by El Titan De Bronze Gran Reserva Maduro. I tend to like the "Micro Brews" of the cigar world.
  • Options
    I smoked too many cigars today, but I'm not complaining. Started with a Perdomo Lot 23 natural robusto. Up next was part of a DPG Vegas Cubana toro, but I wasn't really feeling it and let it die about halfway. After that I had a Camacho SLR maduro robusto which was pretty good. Next up was a Camacho Corojo robusto which was also pretty good. Took a break for a while and then lit up a Camacho Select robusto which was incredible, the best Camacho I've had right next to the CLE figurado. And finally I had a Camacho SLR habano churchill...kuzi has said more than once that the SLR maduro is better than the habano, and I'm in complete agreement, the habano is good but the flavor doesn't pop like with the maduro.

If you're wondering why so many Camacho cigars, well I decided to bury the hatchet with Camacho over the Black Band Project crap and today I got an order from cigar.com with the Camacho Monarcha sampler and was determined to start working my way through it. That and I was getting reacquainted with Camacho as I haven't really had any for quite sometime save for the PE. And what a good day it was, I really need to get some more of the Select, that was a fabulous smoke.
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    dennisking:
    so I had this tonight and I liked it a lot. very very good. I am looking forward to my Litto Gomez Diez 2009 chisel for tomorrow night. If it's as good as it's supposed to be, I will be very happy
  • Options
    Ended up meeting up with Scrambler and his girlfriend. I had a Joya de nicaragua Dark Corojo. Very nice but it was fresh from the shoppe and over humidified, it burned ungodly slow.
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    had a Nub Cameroon...not too impressed. still want to try the others though...any thoughts on the best nubs?
  • Options
    txjayhawk:
    had a Nub Cameroon...not too impressed. still want to try the others though...any thoughts on the best nubs?
    I really enjoyed the Habano.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Ashton VSG Illusion, great smoke.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    txjayhawk:
    second that. the Habano torp is my absolute favorite nub
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    dennisking:
    sightunseen:
    txjayhawk:
    second that. the Habano torp is my absolute favorite nub
    I will have to try those...probably have hold off on buying for a little bit.
  • Options
    Choba and I are going to have the Tat Miami Especiales. It's going to be epic.