Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Sandman1am:
    camgfs:

Last night I had a 5Vegas Gold. I was expecting a "Mild" cigar, so that first blast of hot spice kinda caught me off guard. I am looking for a nice, pleasant, smooth, mild stick for a 'change of pace' from my regular selection. This wasn't it.

Cam what size was it? I love the 5Vegas Gold & think it's a great mild smoke....just MHO. I'm smoking a RP Conn Torp. right now & it is very mild. Tried this one yet? A few others to try would be ITC Grand Reserve Conn., Nica Libre, Verdado Organic, Nub Conn. So many choices so little time.

Sandman1am. I love the Rocky Patel Conn. I have a box that I purchased a few months ago that I'm resting until the summer. I love this stick for those really hot really muggy summer nights. If I smoke something with any bit of spice (which I prefer) on those type of nights I feel like I may melt. As for these cold winter months, give me some kick.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today's sticks 0530- AJ Fernandez Sig Robusto 0830- Sol Cubano CC 1230- Arganese ML3 1600- Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    So far today I have had a Romeo y Julieta 1875 Churhill isom and a Romeo y Julieta Vintage Maduro toro and I am about to fire up a Cohiba Black supremo....
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I am smoking a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet now. First one and I have to say its pretty damn good.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    undulac:
    Sandman1am:
    camgfs:

Last night I had a 5Vegas Gold. I was expecting a "Mild" cigar, so that first blast of hot spice kinda caught me off guard. I am looking for a nice, pleasant, smooth, mild stick for a 'change of pace' from my regular selection. This wasn't it.

Cam what size was it? I love the 5Vegas Gold & think it's a great mild smoke....just MHO. I'm smoking a RP Conn Torp. right now & it is very mild. Tried this one yet? A few others to try would be ITC Grand Reserve Conn., Nica Libre, Verdado Organic, Nub Conn. So many choices so little time.

Sandman1am. I love the Rocky Patel Conn. I have a box that I purchased a few months ago that I'm resting until the summer. I love this stick for those really hot really muggy summer nights. If I smoke something with any bit of spice (which I prefer) on those type of nights I feel like I may melt. As for these cold winter months, give me some kick.
    It was the robusto. It had a perfect burn and draw, but was way too spicy for a "mild" cigar, in MHO. I love Rocky Patel but have not tried the conni wrapper. They were my 2nd choice, but I purchased the 5Vegas gold instead.

• Options
    I have a Gurkha Shaggy Foot out of the humi right now (It looks real tasty!), and I'm waiting for a call from my bro. before I go out to smoke it.

• Options
    Drew Estates Liquid in the cold of my garage.

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a much anticipated Perdomo Patriarch. It is everything I hoped it would be, thanks again Paul!
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Smoking a much anticipated Perdomo Patriarch. It is everything I hoped it would be, thanks again Paul!
    Wow, Tony! UPS tracker not even showing delivered yet and your already puffing down, Glad your enjoying Bro!
    I just lit a CAO La Travolta, seems like its gonna be tasty
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Ah Sweet Baby Jesus...

After what seemed like an eternity I finally am smoking in the ManCave tonight... I'm not sick anymore and I've been craving a damn cigar!!!

And boy is it a good one! It's a Forum Blend Maduro that Jdorais sent me... Thank again bro!!!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    camgfs:
    undulac:
    Sandman1am:
    camgfs:

It was the robusto. It had a perfect burn and draw, but was way too spicy for a "mild" cigar, in MHO. I love Rocky Patel but have not tried the conni wrapper. They were my 2nd choice, but I purchased the 5Vegas gold instead.

If you have more & are looking to get rid of them let me know, I might be interested in a trade. Def. try the RP Conni. not spicy at all. Good even burn just a tad tight draw at first but it loosened up after a bit. It might have been because it was in my travel herf-a-dor over the weekend.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    undulac:
    Sandman1am:
    camgfs:

Nice I really liked them and will be getting some more. It was just my mid-day smoke w/coffee. I understand that need for some kick in the cold & mild non-heavy "melting" summer smoke. I just wish it was that time again so I could enjoy my back deck.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Another day started with 2 Perdomo Lot 23 natural robustos, I really like that cigar. The night smoke was an Oliva Serie V maduro 2009.
  • Options
    JR Ultimate Maduro. Always a good smoke, never any burn problems. Gotta love a reliable stick.

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Just got some Cain F's in last night. Don't think I can wait so I'm going to try it tonight. I am prepared to have my *** kicked.
  • Options
    Today it was AJ Fernandez Robusto and IT SF Maduro
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Just got some Cain F's in last night. Don't think I can wait so I'm going to try it tonight. I am prepared to have my *** kicked.
    they weren't that strong. though I find it hard to find any cigars that kick my ass.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Nothing again today, but tomorrow it may warm up enought to sneak in a quick Nub or robusto.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    sightunseen:
    they weren't that strong. though I find it hard to find any cigars that kick my ass.
    I'm with ya on this one Phobic, I've never had a cigar that "put me down" so to speak. I've tried the Antano, MOW, Deisel, Cain and every other full cigar and never had one do it to me. About the only supposed knock out cigar I haven't tried is the Intenso. I really enjoy full bodied cigars so it's one I'm looking forward to.
  • Options
    Had my first Gurkha Titan. WOW. It won't be my last.

• Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    sightunseen:
    I thought the Cain F was pretty strong. I tend to exhale a lot of smoke through my nose, so I think a full bodied cigar hits me stronger than it would someone who doesn't push so much through the nose. I've had a couple kick my butt, the Intenso toro did it, the Serie V maduro 2008 did it, and the Joya de Nicaragua Antaño robusto did it. Those are far and away the three strongest cigars I've smoked.
  • Options
    Nica Libre Churchill
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    having a 5 VEGAS GOLD ROBUSTO........ NICE
  • Options
    Started with a Perdomo ESV '91 second toro, great smoke. Later was a Casa Fuego robusto. To finish off the day I had a Padilla Miami churchill.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today was a NUB maduro.

this one had about 8 months on it. ( i think)

still not impressed with it. I remember saying before it needed rest but, now i just think it isnt all that great.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Had a rocky 1961 torpedo last night. Second one, and I loved it more than the first. Great burn, a tad bit of a tight draw compared to the first one (but my humi was running a bit high so that may have been why). Amazing taste. Had this one on an empty stomach and it kicked my butt.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I've been up on vacation visiting family and friends for the last week up in Mass/NH but haven't had anything until I got home last night. It was too damn cold up there to smoke and no place to smoke inside. Broke the dry spell yesterday with a 5 Vegas AAA and a Graycliffe G2. Right now it's just over 60 degrees here in VA, all the windows are open, and I'm enjoying a Limitada '09.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    I've been up on vacation visiting family and friends for the last week up in Mass/NH but haven't had anything until I got home last night. It was too damn cold up there to smoke and no place to smoke inside.
    I know all to well... As long as its not too windy, I suit up and go for it. Otherwise it would be months b-4 I had one. Thinking I'll try the Nica Libre t-night.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    KCW:
    zoom6zoom:
    I've been up on vacation visiting family and friends for the last week up in Mass/NH but haven't had anything until I got home last night. It was too damn cold up there to smoke and no place to smoke inside.
    I know all to well... As long as its not too windy, I suit up and go for it. Otherwise it would be months b-4 I had one. Thinking I'll try the Nica Libre t-night.

Nica Libre.... GREAT stick.
  • Options
    Nicarao Toro(2), AJ Fernandez Robusto(2), IT SF Maduro