Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Just finished a Don Tomas Classico.. very enjoyable
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started with a Perdomo ESV second toro, I've burned through almost 2 bundles and they have been consistently good. To finish off the day I had a San Cristobal Monumento, the name does the cigar justice as it is truly a monument to the blending abilities of Don Pepin, just a fantastic cigar.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I had my first Reposada 96 tonight. Not 3 days out of the box and this thing was great! I would consider this one of the better Habano wrapper cigars in my humidor now. The flavors were great and just kept getting better as the cigar progressed. It had a nice even burn the entire way through and lasted a good hour and 45 minutes. I was very well pleased with this cigar and I'm looking forward to one with a lot more rest on it.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Fired up an Oliva O corona after lunch today.. Ya know, I think this is just not a stick for me. Tried it in a couple different vitolas, and I'm gonna have to check my records, but I'm just not digging it at all.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Have you tried the Serie O maduro Hays? Totally different cigar. I don't really care for the habano, but I love the maduro. Funny how they are almost completely opposite in the strength department too.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I have actually, and I agree with you 100% - the maduro is much more for my taste buds. This is pretty much par for the course though - I can't recall many habano wrapped sticks that I really liked.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Tonight I will have the last Macanudo Maduro in my humi, not going to replace them, don't dislike them they are just ok....here is my lineup I am bringing to Dominican tomorrow to keep me going until I hit the shops...

Cohiba Siglo VI

Cohiba Siglo IV

Romeo y Julieta Churhill 1875 ISOM

Montiecristo Tubo ISOM

Cohiba Black

God Of Fire Carlito 2006

Padron 1964

La Aurora 100 anos

Bolivar #2
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Diamondog:
    here is my lineup I am bringing to Dominican tomorrow to keep me going until I hit the shops...

Cohiba Siglo VI

Cohiba Siglo IV

Romeo y Julieta Churhill 1875 ISOM

Montiecristo Tubo ISOM

Cohiba Black

God Of Fire Carlito 2006

Padron 1964

La Aurora 100 anos

Bolivar #2

That line-up AND going to the Dominican!!!? Can I say that I have a major case of cigar envy?

I had a Rocky Patel Limited Series "A" Old World Reserve this afternoon. What a treat! Not to mention taking the entire afternoon to smoke it.

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    0530-- Arganese ML3 1200-- MOW Ruination 1600-- Arganese ML3 Smoking the full tilt stuff today. The ML3 is a 3 blend all ligero filler and it is strong! The MOW Ruination tastes so good I am surprised it is has not been outlawed for being habit forming.
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    Had my first NUb Cameroon ... loved it... similar suggestions?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Started with my 2nd and last VSG Rounds. It was pretty lame. The flavor was ok but nothing spectacular. Maybe because it is aged too much. The burn was ehh. My second cigar was a Torano Exodus Gold. This cigar tasted very similar to the RP I-Press. The burn was much better though. This thing burned spot on like the last Torano I had. I was impressed with the burn but the flavor isn't my favorite. Not bad at all just not something I could smoke every day.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've been sick and haven't had a cigar since New Years' Eve.... and it was shltty and I was drunk...

Crappy thing is that I'm not having anything tonight either
  • Options
    Monday required two cigars to survive! Gran Habano Cabinet Selection, and Casa Fernandez Torpedo. Both excellent smokes.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Hays:
    I have actually, and I agree with you 100% - the maduro is much more for my taste buds. This is pretty much par for the course though - I can't recall many habano wrapped sticks that I really liked.
    We couldn't be more opposites. I have had multiple of these in both wrappers the past few weeks. I prefer the habano over the maduro in this and most sticks. To each his own I guess?
  • Options
    undulac:
    Hays:
    We couldn't be more opposites. I have had multiple of these in both wrappers the past few weeks. I prefer the habano over the maduro in this and most sticks. To each his own I guess?
    I'd agree as far as preferring the habano over maduro in most cigars, there are not many maduros I really like, the Serie O is one of them. And definitely to each their own, I like the cigars I like and I'd never be so presumptuous as to tell other people they have to like them too or they have bad taste. Good thing for us there are so many options out there, a cigar for every taste.

Had some good ones today. First up was a Perdomo ESV second toro, great smoke. Later was a Tatuaje Reserva J21 which hit me like a brick, I didn't remember them being that strong. Last up was a 601 Green robusto, one I always enjoy.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    undulac:
    Hays:
    I'd agree as far as preferring the habano over maduro in most cigars, there are not many maduros I really like, the Serie O is one of them. And definitely to each their own, I like the cigars I like and I'd never be so presumptuous as to tell other people they have to like them too or they have bad taste. Good thing for us there are so many options out there, a cigar for every taste.

Had some good ones today. First up was a Perdomo ESV second toro, great smoke. Later was a Tatuaje Reserva J21 which hit me like a brick, I didn't remember them being that strong. Last up was a 601 Green robusto, one I always enjoy.
    I like Habano and Maduro for different reasons. I enjoy Habano's for the flavor and a good Maduro when I want a little sweetness for the palate.
  • Options
    Todays sticks 0600-- AJ Fernandez Signature Robusto 0900-- Sol Cubana Cuban Cabinet 1215-- Arganaese ML3 Torpedo 1600-- Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Toro
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Enjoying a 5 Vegas Limitada 2009
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    5 Vegas Miami Torpedo
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    My first ever Padilla 1932, robusto size. I enjoyed it so much, I followed it up with the same in a toro.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    nica libre exclusivo - i really like these!!
  • Options
    Punch Upper Cut, a really good cigar. Especially for the price.
  • Options
    Had two Perdomo Lot 23 natural robustos earlier, to finish off the day I had an Oliva Serie O maduro robusto.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today i had a little gomez by LFD. not bad at all. i think it need some age though.
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    If my freaking headache ever goes away, I'm probably going to smoke another Padilla 32. I'm going to be hard pressed trying to save some to age.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    Alex Williams:
    jeff_connors:
    had a alex bradley tempus tonight, not a bad smoke .
    Great construction and burn. started off almost too sweet but mellowed into a nice nutty cedar flavor that was heavy on anise.
    What is anise?
    black licorice and jaegermeister are flavored with it
    They also use it alot in tobbacco products, mostly ciggies, and sub standard cigar tobacco..I like the flavor but when a cigar taste too much like anise I figure the crop missed the bar and needed a little help
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968

Last night I had a 5Vegas Gold. I was expecting a "Mild" cigar, so that first blast of hot spice kinda caught me off guard. I am looking for a nice, pleasant, smooth, mild stick for a 'change of pace' from my regular selection. This wasn't it.

• Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    camgfs:

Last night I had a 5Vegas Gold. I was expecting a "Mild" cigar, so that first blast of hot spice kinda caught me off guard. I am looking for a nice, pleasant, smooth, mild stick for a 'change of pace' from my regular selection. This wasn't it.

try the Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real.

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    In honor of my half italianness I started smoking a Denobli. I didn't even know I had these. I was cleaning out an end table because I am moving in a couple of weeks and found a box with 2 of these plus a box of Black and Milds and then another box of smaller length black and milds. No idea where these came from. It's a good thing you don't need to keep these in the humi.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    camgfs:

Cam what size was it? I love the 5Vegas Gold & think it's a great mild smoke....just MHO. I'm smoking a RP Conn Torp. right now & it is very mild. Tried this one yet? A few others to try would be ITC Grand Reserve Conn., Nica Libre, Verdado Organic, Nub Conn. So many choices so little time.