Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I just finished a La Aurora Cameroon......... Loved this Stick, looking forward to having another and ordering a few to share!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    didn't get to lite up anything and have not for coupla weeks really. Was off work today and temps were mild but spent almost whole day at vets office with my female Yorkie. She's gonna be fine (has to spend the night there though) and we get her back tommorow evening ...gave us quite the scare ...dang I love that little girl ...she's more like a person than a dog ! Anyways no smokee today ...
    Gene I'm sorry to hear about your scare and glad to know she will be ok. I know what you mean, animals become part of the family and it's scary when something is wrong with them. Having just gone through the loss of a dog I feel for you and I'm glad she is alright!

Nothing for me in quite sometime... The week before Christmas was my last cigar I believe. But hopefull that will all change soon, I have two more nights of work this week, then I have 7 days off. I'm sure I can find a nice warm place to relax with a smoke and a few drinks!
  • Options
    I'm thinking Gurkha Beauty tonight.  I'm not sure why I suddenly have a taste for a Gurkha, but I do.  I have a Centurian in my humi, but I think I want to save that for another time.  The Beauty will be good enough for my garage smoke on this snowy night in Cleveland.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today's selections Padilla '68 Robusto El Mejor Emerald Churchill x2
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Diesel tonight, this was my first....It was not a standout for me was just ok....This is one that I was affected by the hype I think because all I heard was how great it was....I guess that is hard to avoid because thats what we talk about here what we like/don't like etc and I find sometimes that makes it hard for a cigar to live up to the hype for me.....
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    JR Ultimate Maduro. Always a great smoke!

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started my day with two Perdomo ESV '91 segundos back to back, great way to kick off any day in my opinion. Later I had a Cubao #5, another good one. Still later was a Casa Fuego robusto, just like I remember and damn tasty, super solid for the $2 and change I picked them up for. Finally I had a Gurkha Blue Steel toro, I think I might be over this cigar now, I was impressed with the first couple, and this one was no different in terms of flavor, but I kinda felt "eh" about this one. A Gurkha I liked was a nice novelty, but like most novelties it seems to have worn out.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Smoked a 601 Blue Torp today that was pretty good, had a few draw issues, but toward the end became fantastic. Followed it with a Xikar HC Colorado Torpedo. I thought this was a pretty good cigar, though not anything to knock my socks off.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Cusano Sun Grown Habano Toro. Pretty darn good, better the second time around.
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    last night for my birthday i paired up a arturo fuente and some Jack single barrel out in the garage, it was a bit cold but the jack fixed that right up. I really enjoyed the fuente with the jack single barrel they go great together!
  • Options
    Had a cu-avana intenso last night , great great smoke...i think that a testament to their greatness is the fact that CI and cigar.com are sold out of em.!
  • Options

jeff_connors:
    Had a cu-avana intenso last night , great great smoke...i think that a testament to their greatness is the fact that CI and cigar.com are sold out of em.!

I agree about the Intenso, it is an underated stick with great flavor at a reasonable price. Had one this morning at 6 am, what a way to start the day. It is also a stick that ages well.

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I re-visited the Verdadero Organic. Still a good choice for a mild but a little boring after a while, no changes through the smoke. I'm down to my last few sticks of them and need to get some more milds to fill the void when I'm out. I'm thinking 5 Vegas Gold; haven't tried them yet. I do like a nice mild conny every now and then.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    I re-visited the Verdadero Organic. Still a good choice for a mild but a little boring after a while, no changes through the smoke. I'm down to my last few sticks of them and need to get some more milds to fill the void when I'm out. I'm thinking 5 Vegas Gold; haven't tried them yet. I do like a nice mild conny every now and then.
    Have you tried the Oliva Conny? It's a great smoke, my favorite conny thus far...
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    bigharpoon:
    Have you tried the Oliva Conny? It's a great smoke, my favorite conny thus far...
    Yes, I've had 'em. Excellent smoke, wouldn't mind more of those at all.
  • Options
    Gurkha Beauty or Alec Bradley Tempus?  I can't decide!
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I'm thinking about burning my last La Cuna Bin No 85 tonight, if it's not too cold out.
  • Options
    0600-- Cu-avana Intenso Robusto
    0900-- El Mejor Emerald Churchill
    1230-- MOW Ruination Robusto (wow)
    1600-- El Mejor Emerald Churchill

Good day at work. LOL
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Nothing for me. Maybe tomorrow night but possibly nothing until New Years Eva and there is the possibility that I might not have anything that night either. :-(
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    just got back from enjoying an HC robusto at my local B&M. Tonight maybe a Nording Toro.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    0600-- Cu-avana Intenso Robusto 0900-- El Mejor Emerald Churchill 1230-- MOW Ruination Robusto (wow) 1600-- El Mejor Emerald Churchill Good day at work. LOL

I smoked a MOW last week and the damn thing almost killed me.  You have immense capacity to do all 4 of these in 1 day. 

I picked the Beauty over the Tempus.  The Beauty always starts out so nice...

• Options
    I just finished off a nice Casa Magna. nice and peppery!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Nica Libre tonight.....very nice helped me clear my mind...well maybe moreso the 34 degree temp in my garage froze my brain lol
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    enjoyed a RP Renissance while reading the latest issue of SI while having to listen to a neighbors dog apparently get castrated by a 4 year old with a dull butter knife. i swear, i don't know what this dog was doing and/or going thru but it did not sound like he enjoyed it.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    haven't had a cigar for about 2 weeks now - considering making new years eve the night - thinking about having a diesel - really am digging the diesel cigars
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just finish a 5 Vegas Classic Double Nickel. I've hundreds of 5 Vegas Classics (all sizes), and this one tasted completely different than anyone I have ever had. From start to finish, all I tasted was raisins. From the second I took it out of the humi, lit it, and of course smoking, nothing but raisins. As a matter of fact, I just burped (excuse me), and I still taste raisins. Not sure what happened with that stick but I guess it happens.
  • Options
    RobRutkowski:
    fla-gypsy:
    0600-- Cu-avana Intenso Robusto
    0900-- El Mejor Emerald Churchill
    1230-- MOW Ruination Robusto (wow)
    1600-- El Mejor Emerald Churchill

Good day at work. LOL

I smoked a MOW last week and the damn thing almost killed me.  You have immense capacity to do all 4 of these in 1 day. 

I picked the Beauty over the Tempus.  The Beauty always starts out so nice...

Didn't you see the Wow after the MOW Ruination? It was a very good day at work.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    had a Perdomo Habano Corojo (one of my "go to" sticks) always good, never a let down
  • Options
    A seamless beautiful delicious padilla 1932. This is my first one and all I can say is wow. Getting a lot of leather but some other intricacies I know but couldn't put a finger on em to save my life. Once I'm done with this one, I might smoke a Cuban cabinet robusto. Never seen this Alabama sky so clear and the moon so full and bright! Just hope that biggun'll walk buy tomorrow while I'm huntin. Good smoking and happy new year friends!
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Well for the first time a few weeks, yes weeks, I enjoyed a great cigar. My last one was a backwoods.....and those don't count.

Tonight, I enjoyed a Carlos Torano Virtuoso. I picked up a 5 pack a few weeks ago and man, is this a great cigar. I am such a **** for a good maduro and this fit the bill. I have only ever had one before this and I am glad I have more. It could still use a little more time in the humi, but I have been struggling to keep my humidity up with near 20* weather around here. Even with the beads I have been hovering around 61-62 humidity.

But the cigar started off absolutely fantastic. It did kind of plateau around halfway. And I could tell it was a little dry when I cut it. Either way, it was great to relax in a warm garage with a nice cold Yuengling, a great cigar, and Futurama on the boob tube!!