Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    One of my favs thats no longer available. Aurora Cameroon 1495/1994 ...ummm ummmm gooood !!!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I love Ruination!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    bigharpoon:
    I love Ruination!
    Oh don't we all. :)
  • Options
    aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    just had a man of war ruination. absolutely amazing.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yes, they are!

So here goes...
    MOW virtue
    MOW
    MOW ruination
    MOW SE
    Monte White
    Greycliff DE
    opus x robusto
    nestor maduro
    cao italia
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yes, they are!

So here goes...
    MOW virtue
    MOW
    MOW ruination
    MOW SE
    Monte White
    Greycliff DE
    opus x robusto
    nestor maduro
    cao italia
    All today? Damn Pheebs, I think you deserve the title of MOW Special Forces General! And I thought my 5 stick days were hardcore...All I got in today was a Brazillian label, very nice stick. I'll be going for my 4 stick MOW badge soon enough. The SE's are coming from the blitz. Just need to rest them, then I'll go for it :^)
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yes, they are!

So here goes...
    MOW virtue
    MOW
    MOW ruination
    MOW SE
    Monte White
    Greycliff DE
    opus x robusto
    nestor maduro
    cao italia

That sir is impressive!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had a Nica Libre yesterday. They're usually very good, but this one seemed a bit harsh and bitter. It was pretty windy out so that might have been a factor.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Let's see if I can remember what I had this weekend. Thursday night I had a Partagas Benji Master Series. It was just ok. Nothing special. After I smoke my second and last one I will probably not get another one. It had problems staying lit and just didn't wow me. After that, I had the new ESG 23 year. Again, with all the ESGs I have had this one wasn't special either. I really like the VSG but the ESG is way overrated and overpriced!

Friday night I went to Satin Jacks, which is a B&M in Lafayette Village in NJ. They had a Cain F Nub event with Sam Leccia. There was also a prom going on. I met Sam again who is a really cool guy. I didn't realize that he is only 1 - 2 years older than me. He told me that Alex is a crazy SoB and that they call him Swanson! Now, they weren't selling any Cain F nubs that I could see but I was able to score one from the shop owner instead of having to buy a box of nubs and get the sampler which included the F. The shop owner also gave me a regular Cain F Robusto. That night I had a Partagas 150 that I got separate from the box I bought. This one started out ok but got bitter quickly and was burning the roof of my mouth. Then, I moved to the gifted Cain F Robusto as my second cigar. Man, old age is really putting a hurting on me! Since I had to play that night we left around 8:30 and headed to dinner and then to the gig.

Saturday, I dragged my g/f to my local B&M and smoked a La Aurora 107. The cigar was good but didn't wow me and seemed very average. Nothing special. Yesterday, my g/f and I met up with a friend at the same B&M and I had a CAO America Torpedo. It was my first and the taste wasn't bad at all. However, the smoke that was being produced was giving off an amonia smell. I couldn't taste it but I could smell it coming from the cigar.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Olive serie o maduro...I've had a few and liked them, but I really like this...interesting because I've been kind of bored with maduros lately.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Duder2:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yes, they are!

So here goes...
    MOW virtue
    MOW
    MOW ruination
    MOW SE
    Monte White
    Greycliff DE
    opus x robusto
    nestor maduro
    cao italia
    All today? Damn Pheebs, I think you deserve the title of MOW Special Forces General! And I thought my 5 stick days were hardcore...All I got in today was a Brazillian label, very nice stick. I'll be going for my 4 stick MOW badge soon enough. The SE's are coming from the blitz. Just need to rest them, then I'll go for it :^)
    lol, thanks for the love guys. Yeah I started out with the MOW's in the morning then my wife and I along with 2 friends were playing risk in the garage till 11pm. So I was able to smoke my heart's content out. My friends GF only had one cigar, and couldn't keep up.. lol. I have to say, a pipe and 2 cigars really smoke up a garage, even with the door open.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    gurkha centruian with about 2.5 years on it. besides the harsh light i had the cigar was fantastic.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Perdomo Lot 23 Robusto
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    stopped by another local B&M today and picked up a Casa Magna Colorado, Joya de Nicaragua Antano, and an LFD Airbender.. smoked the Casa Magna Colorado and the JDN Antano there and had some great convo with the guys there.. I think I'll save the LFD Airbender for the 21st birthday tomorrow, or age it maybe.. hmm
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    smoking an LFD DL Chisel Maduro as we speak. always tasty
  • Options
    Todays sticks, Padilla Hybrid x2, GH 2002, RP Cuban Blend, RP Sungrown
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Regent and Gurkha Beauty
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    RP Connecticut and Perdomo 10th Anniv. Champagne . . . RP's decent after 4 days of rest after shipping, but the Perdomo needs more time
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a 5 Vegas classic for the first time I was pleased with it.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    SCCC Torpedo.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Gurkha Gold Collectors Ed. #4 1st time to try these, surprised at how smooth it is, thought it would have more of a kick to it.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    DPG cuban classic - ton of smoke! Great flavors if you like DPG, a must try. Great constuction too, Only had to ash it once and I'm down to the last 1/3rd. Also not threatening to go out at all - i'm really gonna be able to make this one last...
  • Options
    mstrmxrmstrmxr Posts: 13
    I'm smoking my first Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. Lots of smoke, creamy draw, and it's got that cuban puro flavor. I feel like I'm on vacation!
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Pioneer Valley Maduro. Damn good.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a La Aurora 1495 1994 last night while cutting the lawn. I know there is a lot of love for this cigar but everyone I have had seems a little bitter to me. Not a lot but a little. TO be fair, this one wasn;t in my humidor. I had it in a zip lock back with a water pillow so maybe it was a little to moist.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I'll be going to the B&M for an Esteban Carreras event. Don't know what I'll be smokin exactly but I'll most likely try one of Carreras offerings.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Started off with a Vegas Cubanas robusto last night. Whereas the torpedo was an awesome smoke, the robusto was rather frustrating. The stick had a lot of tar before I reached the halfway point and the wrapper also started chipping away. The stick was fairly squishy, but I don't think it was because my RH was too high. This was my first experience with a bad DPG.

To make up for it, I had a La Riqueza Petite Robusto, and it did the job admirably.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Had my first Leon Jimenes this morning and loved it, great morning smoke. Hoping to get together with Jetmech and Smoke=Fire later today for more great smokes.
  • Options
    Padilla Hybrid, Arganese ML3, GH 2002, RP Cuban Blend
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Smoked a Perdomo 10th Aniversary Champagne. It was a nice mild smoke. Pleasant, but nothing special.
    dennisking:
    smoking an LFD DL Chisel Maduro as we speak. always tasty
    I'm jealous. I nearly smoked one today, but I wimped out due to not having a large enough lunch, lol.