Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    Just finished off a cu avana intenso on my patio [early afternoon] . Took 2 hours . I have a sidewalk right by the patio and many a passersby coughed going by. I thought it was overly dramatic. I have to be careful, though ....there is a really powerful anti-smoking group in my area. I would not be surprised if my apartment manager sends me a letter to forbid me from smoking in my patio. I am going to go back out and finish off a ccom housebrand cuban label.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    lilwing88:
    j0z3r:
    lilwing88:
    Diesel Unlimited d.7........ great smoke.
    did it seem like too much cigar to you Marty? I smoked one and was tired of it by the time I was halfway through, it was just too much for me.
    It was a pretty long smoke. I normally don't have over 2 hours to smoke, but tonight I did. I have to admit that I gave up on the last couple inches. I'll have to get more for golf season next year. It'd be perfect for the front or back nine.
    Good that you enjoyed it. If you haven't tried the belicoso yet, that's one to try. Imo the flavor and strength comes through best in that size.
    I tried the robusto a few days ago and I thought maybe it was just me, but the flavor seemed lighter than the belicoso. I've got a handful of each and will do some more "testing", but so far I am leaning towards the belicoso being the box worthy vitola.
    That was my feeling too. I've now smoked several of the two sizes and the belicoso is definitely my preferred vitola.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Enjoying an Ashton Aged Maduro right now. Great cigar.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    martymcg43:
    padilla 1932 robusto...
    I did one as well. just okay. followed up with a Black Pearl
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet tonight
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Had a Verdadero tonight before hearing about the beetle mess :)
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Just had a Padilla 1932 Toro, fantastic stick! Mmm :^)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yesterday:
    5 vegas miami that i got from the cank.
    Perdomo Reserve 10th Maduro.

on deck for today:
    AVO domaine.

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    kuzi16:
    yesterday:

on deck for today:
    AVO domaine.

Kuzi how was the 10th Maduro? How does it compare to the Reg Champ? Been looking at trying out this stick soon.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    yesterday:

on deck for today:
    AVO domaine.

Kuzi how was the 10th Maduro? How does it compare to the Reg Champ? Been looking at trying out this stick soon.

it was only "ok" in my opinion. ive never been a huge fan of perdomo. i respect what they do but it isnt really my taste. that being said, i liked it more than the Perdomo Reserve 10th Champagne. there were a few elements that were the same, mostly the "nicaraguan" undertone to the cigar that always reminds me of a pulpy wood with a hint of spice.

as many of you know im very hit or miss with nicaraguan tobacco. when blended correctly it is outstanding. when not blended correctly, it is very unforgiving. if it was up to me i would tweak both the champagne and the maduro to emphasize the "round" potential of the tobacco instead of playing up the woody spice. the overall profile would be about the same, just not as "thin" as it is now.

• Options
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    yesterday:

on deck for today:
    AVO domaine.

it was only "ok" in my opinion. ive never been a huge fan of perdomo. i respect what they do but it isnt really my taste. that being said, i liked it more than the Perdomo Reserve 10th Champagne. there were a few elements that were the same, mostly the "nicaraguan" undertone to the cigar that always reminds me of a pulpy wood with a hint of spice.

as many of you know im very hit or miss with nicaraguan tobacco. when blended correctly it is outstanding. when not blended correctly, it is very unforgiving. if it was up to me i would tweak both the champagne and the maduro to emphasize the "round" potential of the tobacco instead of playing up the woody spice. the overall profile would be about the same, just not as "thin" as it is now.

You know I was gonna say the same thing! lol JK I found the Champange to be a decent mild smoke. To hear that you liked the Maduro better settles it I will be trying it out. I will have to smoke a few more Champanges to see if I can pick up the pulpy wood.....man I don't know how you pick up all those things?!? I guess I understand why Alex asked you to sample his personal blend. Thanks for the info Kuzi.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started off with a Nub Cameroon that didn't go good so I left it. So I went with a Carlos Torano fortress, one of my new favs.
  • Options
    Had a RP vint. 1990. Forgot how much I liked that smoke.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Candela. My first experience with a Candela wrapper. I dig it. I know many don't, but for me, this is a great mild smoke, and cheap too.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Candela. My first experience with a Candela wrapper. I dig it. I know many don't, but for me, this is a great mild smoke, and cheap too.
    The one I had was really good! I need to see if they have these at my B&M and grab a few to stash away in the humi for when I am in the mood for a good early morning smoke.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Haven't had a cigar in 3 days. Today I am going to try something I've not had before. Either the Camacho Pre Embargo, an Avo Domaine #50, or an Air Bender. Decisions, decisions...
  • Options
    Russ55:
    Haven't had a cigar in 3 days. Today I am going to try something I've not had before. Either the Camacho Pre Embargo, an Avo Domaine #50, or an Air Bender. Decisions, decisions...
    You can not go wrong with the Camacho or LFD. I've never had the AVO but I have 3 in my humi now. Maybe I will go with one of those today.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Russ55:
    You can not go wrong with the Camacho or LFD. I've never had the AVO but I have 3 in my humi now. Maybe I will go with one of those today.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the Camacho since it'll probably be a one off smoke.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    Sandman1am:
    Russ55:
    Yeah, I'm thinking the Camacho since it'll probably be a one off smoke.
    When all else fails flip a coin. Isn't it great that your biggest problem is deciding what to smoke as opposed to how you are going to afford a smoke? Life if good.
  • Options
    A LOT! :P
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    Diesel unholy cocktail. with 7 months on it... smooth
  • Options
    sppd81sppd81 Posts: 26
    martymcg43:
    Love that stick. Good ROTT but I have a few that have been in the humi for 2-3 months. Right now, enjoying a La Herencia Cubana robusto.
  • Options
    Starting off with a Macanudo Maduro.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Did firewood all day long and got in a Perdomo 10th champagne this morning and an RP decade this afternoon. Not sure about tonight, it's cold out there, I might be done.
  • Options
    UPS man just delivered Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Novo 5 pack...I'm about to try it OTT.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    martymcg43:
    Yeah. The Diesels get realllllly good with about 6+ months on them. They lose any harsh quality that the young ones have. I hope the same is true for the Unlimited.
  • Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    Tonight I am having a Kristoff. Good smoke, I'll need to get some more
  • Options
    Went with a Camacho Pre Embargo. Pretty smooth. Most of the complexity and the depth seemed like it came through the nose on this one. The flavor was ok, but pretty much the same throughout. Good smoke, but not something I would pay full price for, or buy again. Glad I got the chance to try it while they're still out there. It didn't really satisfy so I followed it up with a Serie V double robusto.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just finished a G2 Turbo. I love this stick while listening to high school football on the radio because it gets me almost through the whole game.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Cu-Avana conneticut