Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    mamosa24:
    As for the thread topic, I just finished a Gurkha Crest. I don't really understand the hate that I've seen for Gurkhas. I smoked a Spec Ops yesterday with friends, and a Centurion Perfecto earlier today. The Spec Ops was really nice, it didn't unwrap at all, and while the Perfecto unraveled a bit, I was able to fix it, and it tasted great. It didn't really draw as nicely as most other cigars I've had, but it had a very unctuous mouth feel and a lot of complexity.
    how much out of pocket was that Crest? what is the MSRP? worth what you paid? Worth MSRP?
    that is part of the problem people have.

the other problem that people have is something that you mentioned in your post: construction issues.
    one didnt draw correctly, one started to fall apart.
    if my cigars Commands a $20+ MSRP there had better not be a single construction issue with any of them ever.
    there are too many inconsistent points with Gurkha and very few "amazing" cigars. they have some good ones but given the price, they are easy to be critical of.

good thing almost nobody pays MSRP for them.
    dang.............all this Gurkha talk is gonna make me dig out a Titan.........I have had issues with a few of them though (construction/burn/taste).......but the good ones are good, especially after 6 months or so..............still................I don't buy them anymore, and I never paid anything close to msrp.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Kuzi hit it right, construction. I love me a Titan/cent/beast/beauty but the consistency isn't there. Though I should mention I haven't had one beauty from my box have any issues, though my Titans and Beasts and Centurions have. But with what they command for msrp they shouldn't. I mean a fluke sure, but a lot of people have issues.

I had a crest a few weeks ago, well maybe months by now and it was my 2nd one. It wasn't what I remember and didn't have much flavor. I'm glad you enjoyed yours though.
  • Well, I got the 10 Gurkha Sampler for 29.95 on this very website.

I can tell the difference between a good cigar and a bad cigar. But I'm not sure if I can tell the difference between a good cigar and a GREAT cigar. For 3 bucks? Worth every penny.

And yeah, a tiny part began unraveling, but I licked my finger, got the inside of the leaf a bit wet, and then stuck it back and had no more problems. And from what I've heard, the Perfecto is just more of a firm draw to begin with. It wasn't like it didn't draw correctly, it just didn't draw as much as most other cigars I've smoked.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Gonna fire up a La Gloria Cubana Serie R here in a few.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Two today.. First was a La Gloria Cubana Artetanos Retro Especialle. I really enjoyed this cigar a lot. The second one I've had and both had flawless construction, burn and great flavor profile.
    Next was a Quesada Seleccion Espana.. Another winner. I liked everything about this cigar. Overall a good cigar day.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Started with a Cusano 59, now workin on an Oliva O perfecto,,,enjoyin the perfecto
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fixing to spark a macanudo vintage 1997 maduro toro
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still smoking phillies blunts chocolates just ordered a sampler looking forward to it
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Ashton aged maduro..... I dropped it :(
  • GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Series 'A'. My girlfriend said the smell is making her want some chocolate.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Liga Privada T52 Toro
    Smoking an AVO, unfortunately I grabbed the wrong one,, gonna blame it on their label scheme
  • KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    Trying out an Oliveros King Havano
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    slickric:
    i can't believe it took me this long to have one of these san lotanos. Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone Appnext i need to try the maduro
    After that you need to try the Oval. It's spectacular.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    T-52 One of my personal faves...

Haven't had a lot of time to post the last couple of years or commit - but still peek through the shades. Tonight Le Bijou Toro with a Breakfast stout... and a St Ambroise. Perhaps an Odin Tipple... :)
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    BLind smoked what I am pretty sure was a Puro Authentico this morning, and am now smoking a Cohiba Siglo II tubo.
  • Had my first Alec Bradley Prensado. Smoked half of it on the way to judging the battle of the bands today and then finished it off on the way home. Good stick.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Padron londres...after some green enchiladas, reggae band, and a pint of newcastle for old times sake. I love these sticks
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    To start off the late afternoon went with a torano fortress double toro it looks like maybe 6x60.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Another stick via trade with jj20030. San Lotano Habano
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    PDR Reserva Limitada from Todd (bigt06)

• slickricslickric Posts: 705
    Direwolf:
    greta choice
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Direwolf:
    I had one of those today, and a My Father later this afternoon (both robustos) and I think the San Lotano was the better cigar. That damned AJ is gonna put me in the pooooor house for sure.
    JHewey:

JHewey, what did you think of that cigar...I've not had one of them yet.
    AB Black Market
    JDH:
    Direwolf:
    I had one of those today, and a My Father later this afternoon (both robustos) and I think the San Lotano was the better cigar. That damned AJ is gonna put me in the pooooor house for sure.
    I'm really impressed with the San Lotano line!
  • htm2010htm2010 Posts: 28
    Carlos Torano Fortress -Cannon
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    JHewey:

JHewey, what did you think of that cigar...I've not had one of them yet.
    This is my first and only one. But i really liked it. Im really starting to love PDR cigars. Ha i just realized both of my cigars today were made by PDR.
    The Kid:
    JDH:
    Direwolf:
    I'm really impressed with the San Lotano line!
    Me too. I've already got a box of Oval coronas and robustos, and I may get a box of the pyramids too. I love that cigar.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Trying a Particulares courtesy of the "Beard" ;)