Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I'm in the middle of a rough 3 day work week... haha So I'm not smoking anything right now, but friday afternoon around 5pm I've got a 2 hour drive out to the lake and I will be alone in the car so I think it will be time for a smoke!!! The only question is.... what to try...
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Luko don't ya hate when you sneeze and that chit happens lol
    I'm not sure what the hell happened. I think someone slipped me a roofey. Sorry bout that, fellers.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    I decided to go out for one more tonight
    Joe, have I told you how much I hate your SoCal weather?
    It wasn't beautiful out, just tolerable. Then again, maybe high 30's/ low 40's is good smoking weather for some of you guys at this time of year...I certainly wouldn't envy that.
    I just wish it'd stop raining sideways and I'd take my little portable heater and go smoke.

I'm planning on spending sometime at the B&M this evening. Should be a good smoke involved, I'll let you guys know.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    j0z3r:
    Holy smoke Luko, to iterate is not once, but three times...must be weather of monumental severity. :)

Tonight I finally tried a cigar I've been wondering about for some time, a Gurkha Genghis Khan. This is a fairly large cigar, 7.5 x 53, so I took some reading material. I'd say this lived up to its hype, a wonderfully flavorful cigar that had a very diverse complexity. I don't know that I'd keep them on hand, as the size is fairly cumbersome and I don't prefer it, but it was a very good cigar. All told, it took me close to 2.5 hours to smoke, and I let it die with a little more than 2 inches left.
    May I ask that you PM me where you got this? I must get a few!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I started a Gurkha Fuerte topedo today. Nice little smoke. Nothing to crazy.
  • Options
    I was wrong on my post earlier! I forgot tonight is the championship game so I'll be watching it with a buddy of mine and will probably smoke me a Tatuaje Havanna IV! I've got a few of them in the humi and it's always such a good smoke! I'll either have that, or the Tatuaje black label Lancero that I picked up at the event they held... hmmm... choices choices...
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Just got through a couple long days of work....time for a Padron 64 Exclusivo
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    j0z3r:
    Holy smoke Luko, to iterate is not once, but three times...must be weather of monumental severity. :)

Tonight I finally tried a cigar I've been wondering about for some time, a Gurkha Genghis Khan. This is a fairly large cigar, 7.5 x 53, so I took some reading material. I'd say this lived up to its hype, a wonderfully flavorful cigar that had a very diverse complexity. I don't know that I'd keep them on hand, as the size is fairly cumbersome and I don't prefer it, but it was a very good cigar. All told, it took me close to 2.5 hours to smoke, and I let it die with a little more than 2 inches left.
    I must have to 2nd this request...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    j0z3r:

I must have to 2nd this request...
    Ask and you shall receive.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1. A favorite of both jOz3r and I for a good reason, these things never disappoint. They are not offered here, but they are worth the search. Full flavored and near full bodied, nutty, smooth... and the burn slow and straight.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    A very good cigar in a sea of mediocrity indeed Kas.

Tonight was another favorite of mine, a Padron 3000 habano to accompany me as I finished up reading Brave New World. Another cigar that has yet to disappoint.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    nothing...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Since I like the Java I lit up one of the Tabak Especial from DE, good smoke
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Nothing tonight, i'm back in the cold, rainy, miserable valley. Still been meaning to get and smoke a Java, the b&m was out and i dint know if i'm ready for a pack. I did have an isla del sol, it was ok, i like a flavored now and then but this thing just didnt do it for me.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I had a La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994. This was the last of the ones Scram sent me, months ago, I think. As always, an excellent smoke. Makes me happy to know I've still got some, thanks to some of youse other guys.

This forum rocks.
  • Options
    I had a Nub Connecticut 464 (torpedo) last night. It was the first time I had tried the Connecticut and was very impressed. Great smoke with good flavor and not too over powering. It burned like a champ and I even pulled of a great "Nub Stand" with it. haha Had it smoked all the way down so it burned my lips and fingers and stood it up on it's end. I got a picture of it I'll try to post one of these days.
  • Options
    So, as I stated yesterday I smoked a Gurkha Fuerte. There was this different taste that I couldn't place. Over all it was a nice cigar. I have a few more of them aging. Last night I went to the local B&M with some friends and smoked the Padilla Obsidian. This cigar was **** strong!!!!!!! It was tough as a second cigar of the day. I had no problems with it the first half but the second have refused to stay lit. The draw was a little tighter than I like, even after I cut another 1/4 inch from the torpedo head. I would light it, take a puff and then it would go out. Weird. I gave up with a little over 2 inches left. I have tasted a very similar cigar before but I can't exactly place where. I THINK it was the Gurkha Corniche but without the cognac.

Today I am smoking an old favorite that I have not had nearly enough of in the last few years. I am smoking a Fuente 8-5-8. Yum................
  • Options
    urbino:
    I had a La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994. This was the last of the ones Scram sent me, months ago, I think. As always, an excellent smoke. Makes me happy to know I've still got some, thanks to some of youse other guys.

This forum rocks.
    I got 17 of these that I have stashed away hiding! Everytime I want to smoke one, I shy away because they look and taste so good I can't imagine loosing one.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    So, as I stated yesterday I smoked a Gurkha Fuerte. There was this different taste that I couldn't place. Over all it was a nice cigar. I have a few more of them aging. Last night I went to the local B&M with some friends and smoked the Padilla Obsidian. This cigar was **** strong!!!!!!! It was tough as a second cigar of the day. I had no problems with it the first half but the second have refused to stay lit. The draw was a little tighter than I like, even after I cut another 1/4 inch from the torpedo head. I would light it, take a puff and then it would go out. Weird. I gave up with a little over 2 inches left. I have tasted a very similar cigar before but I can't exactly place where. I THINK it was the Gurkha Corniche but without the cognac.

Today I am smoking an old favorite that I have not had nearly enough of in the last few years. I am smoking a Fuente 8-5-8. Yum................
    I'm glad to know the Obsidian is such a full bodied smoke! I just picked up 4 of them and I'm letting them rest a while before I give them a try. I hope I don't have the burn issues you had, but I look forward to trying this one out!
  • Options
    5 Vegas Classic 55, getting ready to light up now! Oh by the way its night time here
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Just got finished with a week long class, got a new certificate to hang on the wall,  and am looking in the ready to smoke humi,,,,,,,,,,,,,lets see. NUB Cammi I got in the box trade from Madurofan,,,,,,,thanks dude.
  • Options
    dep691:
    Just got finished with a week long class, got a new certificate to hang on the wall,  and am looking in the ready to smoke humi,,,,,,,,,,,,,lets see. NUB Cammi I got in the box trade from Madurofan,,,,,,,thanks dude.
    Yum Yum!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    dep691:
    Yum Yum!
    I'm hoping to smoke this Fuente Hemingway Best Seller I just picked up. With a nice Ketel One Vodka martini when I get home. Wish me luck I've never had a martini. I don't drink Gin(tastes like pine needles to me) and hadn't thought about a vodka martini.
  • Options
    The only Martinis I've ever had were Vodka, never tried one with Gin. But I've got about an hour and a half left at work before I head out to the lake and I'm going to take several good smokes with me for the weekend and I'll have to pick a good one for the drive. Got at least 2 hours, probably more with Traffic... Possibly that Tatuaje I was gonna smoke last night before my buddy sprung his Nub on me! haha That sounded perverted...
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    The only Martinis I've ever had were Vodka, never tried one with Gin. But I've got about an hour and a half left at work before I head out to the lake and I'm going to take several good smokes with me for the weekend and I'll have to pick a good one for the drive. Got at least 2 hours, probably more with Traffic... Possibly that Tatuaje I was gonna smoke last night before my buddy sprung his Nub on me! haha That sounded perverted...
    Is there something you want to tell us? LOL!

I personally do not like Martinis. I don't like most hard liquor. I mostly drink beer. Vodka is one of the worst for me. Ugh.....................
  • Options
    ScoobyScooby Posts: 7
    I agree! There was this one time I drank some 151... well, I'll spare you guys of that! Let's just say all came back up very quickly... all 24oz of it! I stick to beer but I also enjoy Jack and Coke!
  • Options
    Its my Oliva night, I'm deciding between a Oliva V or a MB 3..either way I'm excited to fire up!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Would that be a V Maduro....???

Just finished up a RP I press, teriffic flavor but kept doing the canoe thing the whole way down. The flavor is enough to buy another one and try again though.
  • Options
    Yes sir that would be.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    urbino:

This forum rocks.
    I got 17 of these that I have stashed away hiding! Everytime I want to smoke one, I shy away because they look and taste so good I can't imagine loosing one.
    Come on wheelie.. Thats what they were made for.. Find a quiet hour and enjoy one. I love these and will only stop when I get down to my last five. Then they go into safety storage. That's one a year on a special day.. Birthday, Holiday, pick one.. The wait has to be rewarded