Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Me and a buddy smoked some CAO Brazilias the other night, nothing special and a bit strong for my tastes (still getting broke in), but we're lighting up RP 1990s on Saturday. Can't wait! I've been reading up on this forum for a while before I decided to join, and I've noticed how friendly everyone is! Looking forward to being a member for a long time, or until I go broke from buying smokes!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    welcome Dude Love. Glad to have you!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yes, welcome aboard. I liked the Brazilia, but you're right -- it's a bit strong for a beginner. And what's with all the Ohioans around here? You guys all go to the same Elks Club?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards Dude(love the picture!!) The CAO Brazillia is a tad strong. Try the cigar.com brazillian label. The strength is tuned down a notch and it has great flavor, it's a favorite of most everyone in the board. Again welcome!
  • Options
    NSIOpsNSIOps Posts: 18
    I just smoked the Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve. The draw was a smidge tight, but the flavor was excellent, great burn, good ash and it was very enjoyable. It had a great build up in body from medium to full. It was very enjoyable, and right now is a favorite of mine. Definately top 5 and will definately have to get some more.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I started off with my first Cohiba Red Dot, it was a tasty smoke, though a bit undercut by its tight draw. Later in the afternoon I had a Don Pepin Vegas Cubanas toro that I received from Bad Andy, I really liked this one...thanks Andy. To end things for the night, I had a Padron 3000 habano at a little get-together with some friends, two of my friends took me up on the offer of a 3000, and we all smoked together. Good times.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Dude Love:
    Me and a buddy smoked some CAO Brazilias the other night, nothing special and a bit strong for my tastes (still getting broke in), but we're lighting up RP 1990s on Saturday. Can't wait! I've been reading up on this forum for a while before I decided to join, and I've noticed how friendly everyone is! Looking forward to being a member for a long time, or until I go broke from buying smokes!
    The RP 1990 is a good smoke but I prefer the 92 a little more. I usuallly prefer maduros, but in the Vintage, I like the dark natural wrapper of the 92 better. Not much difference in the strength, but just seems to have a more smooth and complex flavor profile. Both are great smokes though!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard dude love
  • Options
    SacNickSacNick Posts: 77
    I just had a Tatuaje. This was similar to the RP 1992 to me. It was very consistent, good smoke and burned very well. I didn't notice anything overpowering, This was a good all around cigar.

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    SacNick:
    I just had a Tatuaje. This was similar to the RP 1992 to me. It was very consistent, good smoke and burned very well. I didn't notice anything overpowering, This was a good all around cigar.

Which did you have Sac?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I started off with my first Cohiba Red Dot, it was a tasty smoke, though a bit undercut by its tight draw.

Crap! I shoulda warned you about that, the rest of mine i rotated to the bottom of the humi to chill for a few months. The flavor is awesome though.

I just had my first RP Nording today. It was the torpedo. Superb! Started off spicy, mellowed to a sweet, caramel, toasted almond with a wonderful lingering sweet finish. On my scale this is at the low end of full body. Havent been able to find these many places, so if you do grab some, thoroghly awesome.
  • Options
    It was good nonetheless Jet, if anything it forced me to smoke it slower than usual and enjoy.

Today I started off with a Legends Green label, that would be Puros Indios, it was a nice cigar, mild-medium in strength with a nice flavor profile. I just finished up a little while ago with a Tatuaje Miami regios, 5.5 x 50, that was also very good, full bodied but not as peppery as I had thought it might be, a few more and I think I'll officially be on the Tat bandwagon.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Nothing today but I bet I make up for it saturday as nerves settle in anticipation for the colts chargers game tomorrow
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    I had a cohiba red dot tonight. Mine had a great draw an I don't think ive ever had a cigar burn better than this one did. I thought it had a great flavor and might be one of my favorites. This is one that i think might actually be worth the price, although i did get a good deal on auction.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    interesting.
    this is the third mention about the red dot in this thread over the past few days. Maybe its about time i light one of these guys up.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    wow, your lucky. I was charged before they shipped. Unless your CC is slow on getting the charge. It was pretty much what the description stated. The wax was a pain to get off. There's a lot of flavors going on there and it's pretty sweet. I would class it as a desert cigar, lol. I went ahead and ordered a few more. I was pondering on ordering a box but for the price I can't see smoking 22 of them anytime soon. Though I am wondering since I've never heard of them before and they seem to be off the grid if I might bite myself in the rear if I don't. You'll have to let me know what you think. BTW, are they worth the price, maybe. They are different.
    My CC company usually has my charge up there within 3 days. It has been a while since. At least 3 weeks. I'm not complaining, but I also don't want to get charged some ridiculous fee either. I thought it was OK. I liked it better than the Royal Salute but I liked the Grand Reserve better. I can be happy to say that I had them but wouldn't rush out to get more. I WOULD rush out to get more of the Shaggys, which I already did when I bought a box. I may go out and get a few more Ancient Warriors too but I need to put a serious dent in my inventory as it is. I lost count, but my guess is that I have 500+. I'll have to do a more forma count when I get back.
  • Options
    I had a big ol' H. Upmann Signature churchill. Don't remember where I got this one. Either it came from one of youse guys, or I got it in a sampler. Either way, it wasn't all that. It was okay, but not nearly as much flavor as the regular Upmann or their Vintage Cameroon.

Earlier I had another Perdomo Reserve ESV 91 Second. Once again, just great. Like a pleasant child or a good dog, you can put it aside to take care of whatever you need to care of, and when you get back to it it's just as you left it, perfectly happy, out of mischief, and ready to go.
  • Options
    Just finished up my first Perdomo 10th Anniversary Maduro, and i'm licking my fingers!! What a great maduro! Had some nice spice with peppery notes, but very smooth. The main flavor was this earthy, cedary flavor with another pronounced flavor that took me 30 minutes to narrow down....dark brown sugar. Not sweet like the sugar(although it had that typical nice maduro sweetness) but the flavor of it. A very good cigar, i'll be ordering these!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    wow, your lucky. I was charged before they shipped. Unless your CC is slow on getting the charge. It was pretty much what the description stated. The wax was a pain to get off. There's a lot of flavors going on there and it's pretty sweet. I would class it as a desert cigar, lol. I went ahead and ordered a few more. I was pondering on ordering a box but for the price I can't see smoking 22 of them anytime soon. Though I am wondering since I've never heard of them before and they seem to be off the grid if I might bite myself in the rear if I don't. You'll have to let me know what you think. BTW, are they worth the price, maybe. They are different.
    My CC company usually has my charge up there within 3 days. It has been a while since. At least 3 weeks. I'm not complaining, but I also don't want to get charged some ridiculous fee either. I thought it was OK. I liked it better than the Royal Salute but I liked the Grand Reserve better. I can be happy to say that I had them but wouldn't rush out to get more. I WOULD rush out to get more of the Shaggys, which I already did when I bought a box. I may go out and get a few more Ancient Warriors too but I need to put a serious dent in my inventory as it is. I lost count, but my guess is that I have 500+. I'll have to do a more forma count when I get back.
    Yeah they are different. I ordered some shaggy's and crests as well. A lot of love for them shaggys. You could send me the others since you didn't care for them very much =)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I had a big ol' H. Upmann Signature churchill. Don't remember where I got this one. Either it came from one of youse guys, or I got it in a sampler. Either way, it wasn't all that. It was okay, but not nearly as much flavor as the regular Upmann or their Vintage Cameroon.

Earlier I had another Perdomo Reserve ESV 91 Second. Once again, just great. Like a pleasant child or a good dog, you can put it aside to take care of whatever you need to care of, and when you get back to it it's just as you left it, perfectly happy, out of mischief, and ready to go.
    Good description on that one Urbi.
  • Options
    Man, everytime I read this thread my list of cigars to try keeps getting longer! Anyway, I just got done with a Chavon Dominicano Maduro I got in a Thompson sampler. Nothing special, a little spice and a few hints of leather but it was overall kinda bland. That and after about 2 1/2 inches the wrapper cracked and just broke off. I'm still drooling over the RPs in my humidor that me and my friend are smoking tonight.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've been pulling about 7 days straight at work so I'm looking forward to getting off work in a little bit and enjoying a good smoke and a few good drinks!!! Not sure what I'm gonna have yet, but at this point it's been so long it really doesn't even matter!!! haha
  • Options
    Heh. Enjoy it, Puro.

Thanks, kas.
  • Options
    Started off today with a 5 Vegas Classic panatela, always a dependable line and a nice size too. I attempted a 5 Vegas Miami torpedo a bit later, but the draw was too tight and when I tired to fix it, it tasted like dirt, strange. Finished off the night with a Perdomo ESV second toro, always a dependable cigar and one I'll never be without.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Started the mild NE afternoon with a houseblend from my B&M that they said is made by AF. It was good until it got sucked into my shopvac while cleaning out my Jeep. So I loved to the savory Onyx...and savory it was. That was, I think, the third Onyx I've had and I think they get better each time. Very smooth and yet full of flavor, almost like you could chew on it.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Just smoked an Ashton VSG Robusto tonight, outside by the fire drinking a beer. I ust admit I was surprised. This was much better than the ESG I had months ago. I got 9 more to age :-) Tomorrow on my way back to Jersey, I am going to smoke the RP Ren. I'll have to see what my second will be. My choices are Nub Conn, Nub Box Presses Cameroon or a Maduro Shaggy. Decisions, decisions...
  • Options
    Mmmmm...Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. Damn good, that's all I have to say.
  • Options
    I had an RP Fusion MM torpedo, earlier. Good smoke. It's the first time I've had the torpedo.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    had a nice Graycliff 1666 Toro today, was a nice smoke with great construction and burn, but flavor-wise I wasn't floored. Later tonight I had a Punch Grand Cru #2. This was a very good smoke that burned flawlessly the whole way. Started off a bit milder than I expected, though was quite flavorful. Toward the end the fuller side of this showed up and what was nice became excellent.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Well, I tried another Red Dot to see if I was just lucky last night. Same result, great taste, perfect draw, and perfect burn. I will definately keep these on hand at all times.